Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Argentina would be as good as Brazil or better if..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan
    But I'm saying as a NATIONAL TEAM, I can't say Argentina in the same breathe as Germany, Brazil and Italy. Do you disagree with me?

Comment

Yes of course you expect them to perform good as former champs. But I wouldn't say, historically, they are on the same level as Germany, Brazil and Italy. I would put Argentina on the same level as England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.
      :bs: this guy..

Comment

You guys don't have anything to say in response? So you just put up smilies? If you dont agree with me, prove me wrong.

Argentina won the WC in 1978 and 1986. In 1978, the WC was in Argentina, so they had home field advantage. In 1986 the WC was in Mexico, and they had huge support there also due to Mexico's close proximity to Argentina. They became runners up two times in 1990 and way back in 1930. So two titles, and two runner ups, not bad at all Defeinetly in the top 5 nations in the history of soccer, but not the best.

Argentina has won the WC 2 times, an runner up 2 times, 3rd place and 4th place ZERO times

Lets look at Germany, Italy, and Brazil.

Germany has won the WC 3 times, got runner-up 3 times, 3rd place 3 times and 4th place 1 time.

Italy has won the WC 4 times, runner up 2 times, 3rd place 1 time and 4th place 1 time

And Brazil, the grand daddy of them all, has won the WC 5 times. Runner up 2 times, 3rd place 2 times and 4th place 1 time

All I was saying is that Argentina, HISTORICALLY, is not as good as Brazil, Italy and Germany.

I just gave you STRAIGHT FACTS to back up my argument.

Comment

You guys don't have anything to say in response? So you just put up smilies? If you dont agree with me, prove me wrong.
          Argentina won the WC in 1978 and 1986. In 1978, the WC was in Argentina, so they had home field advantage. In 1986 the WC was in Mexico, and they had huge support there also due to Mexico's close proximity to Argentina. They became runners up two times in 1990 and way back in 1930. So two titles, and two runner ups, not bad at all Defeinetly in the top 5 nations in the history of soccer, but not the best.
          Argentina has won the WC 2 times, an runner up 2 times, 3rd place and 4th place ZERO times
          Lets look at Germany, Italy, and Brazil.
          Germany has won the WC 3 times, got runner-up 3 times, 3rd place 3 times and 4th place 1 time.
          Italy has won the WC 4 times, runner up 2 times, 3rd place 1 time and 4th place 1 time
          And Brazil, the grand daddy of them all, has won the WC 5 times. Runner up 2 times, 3rd place 2 times and 4th place 1 time
          All I was saying is that Argentina, HISTORICALLY, is not as good as Brazil, Italy and Germany.
          I just gave you STRAIGHT FACTS to back up my argument.
          Its not easy winning the world cup even if you have home ground advantage!

The world cup in was in Germany this time round but did Germany win it?... NO!

You cant judge National teams form or ability by history. Those respective nations you mentioned may have better histories but today may not be able match Argentina.

Argentina is a world class footballing nation and the way you put it calling them 'overrated' just shows how much knowledge of football you have!

Comment

Just to make things a little more confusing....Argentina just became first in the world for their first time ever. How interesting

Iran is still number 1 in Asia.

Comment

naah, argentinians are richer than brazilians. the only reason brasilian footballers are so good is because they are poor and their only hope is to get somewhere with their football. you can feel it in the streets of sao paolo.

Comment

1st in the world

ARGENTINA

Recognise Agha NimA!

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN
                  Its not easy winning the world cup even if you have home ground advantage!
                  Of course its not easy winning the WC even if you have home field advantage. I never said that. But it is certainly a BIG advantage to play at home.

The world cup in was in Germany this time round but did Germany win it?... NO!
                  I dont see what this has to do with anything.....but ok

You cant judge National teams form or ability by history. Those respective nations you mentioned may have better histories but today may not be able match Argentina.
                  Well, in my previous posts, I said HISTORICALLY Argentina is not on the same level as Germany, Brazil and Italy.

You say today they may not be able to handle Argentina, that has nothing with what I'm trying to say, all I am saying is that they are not on the same level as Germany, Italy and Brazil historically.

Argentina is a world class footballing nation and the way you put it calling them 'overrated' just shows how much knowledge of football you have!
                  When did I say Argentina is not a world class footballing nation? You are hallucinating mate. Of course they are a world class footballing nation, I agree 100%. I labled them overrated because I dont beleive they belong on the same level as Italy, Brazil and Germany. But they are right there, right behind those three, at 4th place.

Comment

I believe Argentina have a more talented team at the moment. Plus, they stick to playing good football - something that Brazil have moved away from in the past few years.

Comment

Of course its not easy winning the WC even if you have home field advantage. I never said that. But it is certainly a BIG advantage to play at home.
                      I dont see what this has to do with anything.....but ok
                      Well, in my previous posts, I said HISTORICALLY Argentina is not on the same level as Germany, Brazil and Italy.
                      You say today they may not be able to handle Argentina, that has nothing with what I'm trying to say, all I am saying is that they are not on the same level as Germany, Italy and Brazil historically.
                      When did I say Argentina is not a world class footballing nation? You are hallucinating mate. Of course they are a world class footballing nation, I agree 100%. I labled them overrated because I dont beleive they belong on the same level as Italy, Brazil and Germany. But they are right there, right behind those three, at 4th place.
                      i'll keep this short and simple:

Argentina are NOT an overated national team!! OK

& they would NOT be nothing without Diego although he was the one who set the standard high for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali
                        I believe Argentina have a more talented team at the moment. Plus, they stick to playing good football - something that Brazil have moved away from in the past few years.
                        your absolutely right they have alot of world class youngsters coming in for them in Messi, Gago, Higuain, Tevez, Mascherano.. their future looks really bright and a team to be reckoned with!!

Comment

I think Argentina are better!!!!!

They also have the best player of the two teams.

Messi

Comment

I think that Brazil will always be a little better than Argentina because they have the best mix in the world of both European heritage and African heritage....this makes for a very good gene pool when you are talking about such a large country like Brazil...I'm not going to say that a white team or even east asian team can't beat Brazil because we have seen that happen before, all i'm saying is that Brazilians have great genes and a football crazy culture at their disposal...sounds like a winning combination to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RistonBarreto
                              I think that Brazil will always be a little better than Argentina because they have the best mix in the world of both European heritage and African heritage....this makes for a very good gene pool when you are talking about such a large country like Brazil...I'm not going to say that a white team or even east asian team can't beat Brazil because we have seen that happen before, all i'm saying is that Brazilians have great genes and a football crazy culture at their disposal...sounds like a winning combination to me.
                              Best description !!

Comment

Working...
                              X