Totti's Interview Before Roma vs ManU Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totti's Interview Before Roma vs ManU Match

This interview shows how unprofessional and low class Totti is...Make sure to read last 2 sentences..I hope Man U destroys Roma in CL...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...418176&cc=5901

Totti turns on Ferguson and mocks English football

Roma skipper Francesco Totti has hit out at Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and English football in general.

The 30-year-old was angered when, asked to name Roma's most dangerous players after the draw for the Champions League quarter-finals, Sir Alex omitted his name, although the United boss put that right in subsequent remarks.

Now Totti is vowing to make Ferguson eat his words when the clubs meet in the Champions League quarter-final first-leg match in the Eternal City on Wednesday.

'I am not worried about what Ferguson thinks of me as - as (Roma coach Luciano) Spalletti says - he will see for himself. I hope I will make him remember my name.'

Totti said that he was expecting to be man-marked by United.

'So they are going to put me in a cage?' said the World Cup winner. 'The opponents always make a cage for me.

'When I grow up I won't be a footballer but I will go and work at the zoo with all the cages people have made for me.'

Totti then turned his fire on the standard of football in England.

He added: 'I don't like the way English football is even if some great players play there.

'I don't like English football and I don't like England either because of the weather.'

No matter what you say, Totti is one of the best footballers in the world. I hope he destroys Man Utd!!!
    FC BARCELONA & ESTEGHLAL

Comment

"unprofessional"?

please define that term and then reword what Ferguson said before Totti's comment.

Oh and by the way his opinion on English football is shared by many professionals.

Ever ask the question why your countries (Brazil) best players are in Italy and Spain, and hardly any in England?
      The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
      For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
      http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
      http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
      http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

what is so low class about what he said? people have preferences, he doesn't like English football, or England, biiiig DEAL...and to be honest, sir alex is completely insane for leaving out Totti's name - he is obviously the greatest threat on Roma, so c'mon, let's put aside our bias against Italy, and start being reasonable.
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the interview and your opinion.

On the interview, I think he responded very professionally adding some humor to it.

On your opinion, I think everyone confirmed that you are rediculing yourself.

Fergoozen is going to cage Totti, that shows how he fears him! I dare this fart-head to leave Totti alone!

Goodbye to ManU from now.
          VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

i just cannot wait to see cristiano ronaldo crying like a ***** after totti and co. embarass them

Comment

You can pick apart what he says but really he didn't say anything insulting. Just an opinion, as Faraz said. I don't mind if you target Italian players when you open threads Land of Samba, but at least be fair when you do it.

Roma-United doesn't need any extra drama, in fact I think it'll only hinder the game, which is the most important thing. Anyways Vidic is now injured and will miss both legs. Terrible blow for United, their best defender. Totti will have a much easier time making plays.

Roma will win both legs.
              STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
              A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

Originally posted by Muradistan
                You can pick apart what he says but really he didn't say anything insulting. Just an opinion, as Faraz said. I don't mind if you target Italian players when you open threads Land of Samba, but at least be fair when you do it.

Roma-United doesn't need any extra drama, in fact I think it'll only hinder the game, which is the most important thing. Anyways Vidic is now injured and will miss both legs. Terrible blow for United, their best defender. Totti will have a much easier time making plays.

Roma will win both legs.
                but no pizarro for roma

Comment

Originally posted by Muradistan

Roma will win both legs.
                  I love your signature! I can't stop watching it!
                  VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

Yah he'll be missed. I think the most likely pairing in the middle of the park will be De Rossi-Perotta who I think are much better suited against the hard nosed united midfielder.
                    STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
                    A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

Pretty tongue-in-cheek I must say from Totti

Come this wednesday, we shall see what happens.
                      sigpic

Comment

:EDITED:

there was a rabbit and turtle 1 day, the rabbit said to the turtle "lets hav a race to the nxt town," the turtle accepts.

so the race begins an the rabbit flies off an within seconds he is already 10m ahead,

then the rabbit thinks to himself, fvck it i can beat the turtle anyday, so he stops an goes to sleep 200m bfore the finish...

then he wakes up an hour later to find the turtle at the finish line an the rest of the town pointing and laughing at him... since he lost to the slowest creature when being the fastest

sou see TOTTI is the rabbit,

Comment

Brown can cover for Vidic and Oshea can cover for anyone. United will destroy Roma.. Giggsy, Scholsey and Ronaldo cant be stopped. As for Tottis comments fair enough Ferguson didnt wanna mention him and we'll see what he does, even though i think he's an amazing player.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianMadrid7
                            Ever ask the question why your countries (Brazil) best players are in Italy and Spain, and hardly any in England?
                            Three words: Bloody English Weather

despite my love of ManUtd, I will admit British weather is pretty crappy/depressing for most of the year. People from sunny climates tend to have a culture shock when coming and living here and dont settle down as quickly as others.

I should know, I've been living in Manchester for 3 years now

p.s. mark my words, whoever wins this tie (either Roma or Man U) will win the Champions League hands down
                            sigpic

Comment

spanish futbol is as entertaining as watching me sleep...

Comment

Working...
                              X