World Champion Lippi getting closer to Milan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Champion Lippi getting closer to Milan

The 2-2 home draw against Bayern Munich has reportedly convinced the Milan bosses that looking beyond Carlo Ancelotti is the only way to make a return to top form, and World Cup winner Marcelo Lippi is now firmly on their radar.

Milan have made very heavy weather of securing fourth place in Serie A - securing an almost imperative Champions League spot for next season - and the San Siro disappointment against Bayern has helped the Rossoneri boardroom make up their minds once and for all, report Il Giornale.

Marcelo Lippi, Frank Rijkaard and Macro van Basten are the three candidates being considered, but the World Cup winning coach is the favourite, as much due to his superior experience, more so in Seire A, as the fact that he is a free agent.
    The club's senior players - Italian internationals such as Andrea Pirlo, Rino Gattuso and Alessandro Nesta, who have all worked very closely with him - are also said to be backing his appointment.
    Lippi himself is said to be open to the idea now, according to a source close to former Juventus coach.
    Moreover, the report suggests that he agrees in principle with Milan's transfer philosophy for the summer, and is ready to keep most of the current members of the technical setup. It is being understood that nothing short of winning the Champions League trophy this season will save Carlo Ancelotti his job.
    VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

I think it's about the time. I never like Ancelotti's style, but tried to convince myself to like it.

I like flowing football, perhaps a 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 system. I don't like 4-2-3-1!

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia
      I think it's about the time. I never like Ancelotti's style, but tried to convince myself to like it.

I like flowing football, perhaps a 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 system. I don't like 4-2-3-1!
      The only thing wrong with the 4-2-3-1 is that they aren't producing enough goals simply because the defense is OLD and aging, putting more stress on the midfield.

Lippi is the ideal coach for Milan, but he's done just about everything a coach needs to do to retire.

I think an experienced but at the same time a youthful coach similar to Mourinho or Rijkaard should take the place.
      The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
      For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
      http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
      http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
      http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

I like Rijkaard a lot too. He would be a fantastic replacement.

See the problem with Milan's defense is that they are not synchronized well. Due to so many injuries, they don't have enough time to get to know eachother.

Nesta is back, Maldini is doing good (Except fot a few sooti he does every game), Oddo is gradually getting there. but the left side is pretty shaky. If Bonerra returns, I think our defense will become a lot better with Nesta and Bonera in the middle, Maldini and Oddo on left and right.

We'll see.

Comment

I heard Galliani wanted a former player like Rikkard, or Van Basten. Maldini doesnt want it. Billy isnt the right character for it, but maybe as an assistan he said. Lippi is probably the first choice, but Chelsea are also following him even though he said he doesnt like the language barrier.

Comment

Comment

he and Dida really need to STFU!

So it is my aunt who fumbles left and right?!

As I said, I hate this keeper so much. He is not a first class goalie. Even Dunga desn't invite him anymore.

Storari is much better than this clumzy ass.

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia
                he and Dida really need to STFU!

So it is my aunt who fumbles left and right?!

As I said, I hate this keeper so much. He is not a first class goalie. Even Dunga desn't invite him anymore.

Storari is much better than this clumzy ass.
                I know that is why Dida just happens to retire from Brazil cuz he is so terrible. Anyway we gotta get Amelia if Buffon doesnt work out. Storari is good as a #2 and Kalac is too old now so, maybe the Celtic goal keeper might not be bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryaan21
                  I know that is why Dida just happens to retire from Brazil cuz he is so terrible. Anyway we gotta get Amelia if Buffon doesnt work out. Storari is good as a #2 and Kalac is too old now so, maybe the Celtic goal keeper might not be bad either.
                  I don't think Buffon moves from Juve. Amelia and Celtic Goalie are good options. Anybody but Dida is pretty good. I hate this guy. He has cost us so much so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X