Totti reflects on 'saddest night of sporting career'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vahid is back,
    Good management and coaching would have prepared the team differently to face the mighty ManU team at home considering that Roma's would and could have lost its home game if ManU had 11 players...

Comment

Originally posted by Land of Samba
      Vahid is back,
      Good management and coaching would have prepared the team differently to face the mighty ManU team at home considering that Roma's would and could have lost its home game if ManU had 11 players...
      Roma didnt have two key midfielders. They are not exactly a squad with depth. They are playing Totti as a lone forward which says it all. They have not been able to make transfers the year before because of the Mexes fiasco also. Considering what they have, they should be happy. Playing Vucinic in MF was the only dumb move but no one will be sacked over it. The choice was to play an expierenced player over youth. They choice expierence.

Roma would have won the Man Utd 1st leg even if Man Utd had 11 men. Before Scholes was red carded Roma dominated. If anything the red card hurt Roma more.

Also if De Rossi's goal was lucky god knows what other goals are

Comment

Originally posted by vahid is back
        Roma didnt have two key midfielders. They are not exactly a squad with depth. They are playing Totti as a lone forward which says it all. They have not been able to make transfers the year before because of the Mexes fiasco also. Considering what they have, they should be happy. Playing Vucinic in MF was the only dumb move but no one will be sacked over it. The choice was to play an expierenced player over youth. They choice expierence.
        Roma would have won the Man Utd 1st leg even if Man Utd had 11 men. Before Scholes was red carded Roma dominated. If anything the red card hurt Roma more.Also if De Rossi's goal was lucky god knows what other goals are
        So according to your logic if you dominate for the first 30 minutes of a game you win and getting a player sent off is a good thing for a team playing in a quarter final. I guess the semi final is going to be Valencia - Liverpool because Chelsea were dominated during the first half yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Pali
          So according to your logic if you dominate for the first 30 minutes of a game you win and getting a player sent off is a good thing for a team playing in a quarter final. I guess the semi final is going to be Valencia - Liverpool because Chelsea were dominated during the first half yesterday.
          No. Anyone who watched the game could see Roma dominated the game before Scholes was sent off. However when he was sent off the question was should Roma go for it and put the knife to United's throat or take a catious approach. They push and even tually scored. However the 2nd Half they were not the same side, They decided to sit back and not take their chances because they were a man up. They were catious because of the red card. Hence...the red card was probably to their disadvantage. Chelsea v Valencia is a different story.

Comment

poor totti.
            i wish roma had won.
            & i wish totti had scored alot of goals.

Comment

^^ thats not what u said to me mayne

Comment

Originally posted by vahid is back
                No. Anyone who watched the game could see Roma dominated the game before Scholes was sent off. However when he was sent off the question was should Roma go for it and put the knife to United's throat or take a catious approach. They push and even tually scored. However the 2nd Half they were not the same side, They decided to sit back and not take their chances because they were a man up. They were catious because of the red card. Hence...the red card was probably to their disadvantage. Chelsea v Valencia is a different story.
                ok thats not my point i said just because they dominated the game in the beginning didnt mean they were going to win..you cant really predict that unless you see the future. Second if you're playing at home against a team thats one man down you're supposed to put the knife to the other team's throat not take a cautious approach. Sitting back and not taking their chances is just stupidity. sorry i cant see how playing against a team thats one man down and being at home is a disadvantage for Roma, thats just a poor excuse for not finishing off the job when they had the chance.

Comment

I see people trying to discredit United's win by bringing up all sorts of excuses and coulda-woulda-shoulda talk and using the 'you were lucky' card....works when you win something like 1-0 or 2-1, but when one side scores SEVEN, then is it really luck or is it actually something else ?

What I can say is Roma's champions league inexperience showed, they hadn't played many English teams before but regardless they thought their wait and see tactics would work like they did against Lyon where Roma won 2-0.

Something must have went wrong in the tactics, or United hit them when they needed to, immediately w/ no questions asked.

that said, Roma shouldnt commit suicide over this...although this result will scar them for sure...but now they know what the Champions League is all about, being smarter faster and stronger than your opponents where the team is bigger than the individual and not the other way round.
                  sigpic

Comment

Vahid is back,
                    Roma's defeat was not due to depth, experience, Totti, etc. ManU was the better team and dominated Roma so lets not discredit manU as Duprah mentioned also.. Roma and Totti were arrogant and thought its going to an easy task to defeat ManU at home..But they were shocked to find out that they were slow and clueless on how to defend ManU's face paced teamwork and passing..

Comment

United vs Roma
                      i Wonder what the score would be if these teams play on a neutral Pitch?

Full credit to united as they played superb but
                      Roma's goalkeeper was responsible for 4 of the 7 goals.

A better keeper would have saved them from a humilating defeat.

WELL SAID BY EKBATAN
                      That was the worst goal keeping I had seen from Italy.

I dont understand why they have a Brazilian keeper when italy is full of great goal keepers. Also the defense was terrible too, they gave too much space to Man U. You can't give space to english teams, thats the biggest no no.

Comment

for the people talking about the first game: Roma was dominating before the player was sent off. If anything they declined after the incident. They still would have won that game.

Regarding this game, it didnt matter if it was doni in goal, buffon in goal, or me in goal, it didnt matter if totti was 80%, 10%, 100%,120%, it didnt matter if ronaldinho was playing for them, there was no way that manchester was going to lose the way that they were playing. They were just having one of those games where they couldnt be stopped.

they still suck tho

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
                          for the people talking about the first game: Roma was dominating before the player was sent off. If anything they declined after the incident. They still would have won that game.
                          Regarding this game, it didnt matter if it was doni in goal, buffon in goal, or me in goal, it didnt matter if totti was 80%, 10%, 100%,120%, it didnt matter if ronaldinho was playing for them, there was no way that manchester was going to lose the way that they were playing. They were just having one of those games where they couldnt be stopped.
                          they still suck tho
                          Rome; built in a day...destroyed in a half
                          sigpic

Comment

nope united would have won the first leg if we had 11 players on the pitch

Comment

how can a team who wins 7-1 with 11 men lose with 11 men with the same side

i detect JEALOUSY, alot tony Blairs out there

Comment

No one is taking away from the win, but 7 goals was way too much.

Mark my words, this luck will back fire on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X