Totti reflects on 'saddest night of sporting career'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EKBATAN
    No one is taking away from the win, but 7 goals was way too much.
    Mark my words, this luck will back fire on them.
    what luck?

Comment

All Roma fans,

Just read nypimpofpersia34 second paragraph before posting another reply with a list of reasons why Roma got humuliated...Well said buddy..I mean it in a good way..
      I wish that Viva Italia was able to understand this same thing and admit it instead of blaming the goalie (cuz he is Brazilian)..

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
        for the people talking about the first game: Roma was dominating before the player was sent off. If anything they declined after the incident. They still would have won that game.
        Regarding this game, it didnt matter if it was doni in goal, buffon in goal, or me in goal, it didnt matter if totti was 80%, 10%, 100%,120%, it didnt matter if ronaldinho was playing for them, there was no way that manchester was going to lose the way that they were playing. They were just having one of those games where they couldnt be stopped.
        they still suck tho
        of course, when Ronaldo starts hes engine, no one can stop him, and if u watch the game again, u can see that on every goal ronaldo had something to do with it !!! its 4 u guyz who dont believe in Ronaldo
        MARK MY WORDS
        Ronaldo Will Be The BesT Player In The World !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pali
          what luck?

come on man, i'd like to see them do that again...even to the worst team in EPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jidinho
            of course, when Ronaldo starts hes engine, no one can stop him, and if u watch the game again, u can see that on every goal ronaldo had something to do with it !!! its 4 u guyz who dont believe in Ronaldo
            MARK MY WORDS
            Ronaldo Will Be The BesT Player In The World !!!

There's only one Cristiano, but he's also called Ronadlo
            sigpic

Comment

Second if you're playing at home against a team thats one man down you're supposed to put the knife to the other team's throat not take a cautious approach. Sitting back and not taking their chances is just stupidity. sorry i cant see how playing against a team thats one man down and being at home is a disadvantage for Roma,
              You just proved my point. What I was saying was if anything the red card helped Man Utd because of how Roma reacted to it. They stopped playing the way they did before the red card which was superior.

Originally posted by Suprah
              I see people trying to discredit United's win by bringing up all sorts of excuses and coulda-woulda-shoulda talk and using the 'you were lucky' card....works when you win something like 1-0 or 2-1, but when one side scores SEVEN, then is it really luck or is it actually something else ?

What I can say is Roma's champions league inexperience showed, they hadn't played many English teams before but regardless they thought their wait and see tactics would work like they did against Lyon where Roma won 2-0.

Something must have went wrong in the tactics, or United hit them when they needed to, immediately w/ no questions asked.
              No one is descrediting United's win, however when you play a a striker in as a box to box player and are missing 2 key midfielders for a team already short on depth you have an excuse. There is no question the tactics were wrong, but they didnt really have a choice.

Originally posted by Land of Samba
              Vahid is back,
              Roma's defeat was not due to depth, experience, Totti, etc. ManU was the better team and dominated Roma so lets not discredit manU as Duprah mentioned also.. Roma and Totti were arrogant and thought its going to an easy task to defeat ManU at home..But they were shocked to find out that they were slow and clueless on how to defend ManU's face paced teamwork and passing..
              Yes it was due to depth. I think they would have had a chance with Perotta and Tadei. No one was arrogant, it is just a game.

Comment

Look the real reason United won so convincingly is down to a couple of factors. All of this occured in the first 20 minutes.

They pressured the player on the ball and had very very very very very tight marking. They didn't let Roma do their passing game. Basically if Roma cant pass the ball around they are useless. United pressured the ball and force Roma to make mistakes. This is where they should be given credit in.

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia
                  you are right Aryaan jan. Roma only has 4 excellent players (Totti, Perotta, Mancini and De Rossi) the rest are good or okay.
                  :cough: Chivu :cough:

Comment

Originally posted by vahid is back
                    You just proved my point. What I was saying was if anything the red card helped Man Utd because of how Roma reacted to it. They stopped playing the way they did before the red card which was superior.No one is descrediting United's win, however when you play a a striker in as a box to box player and are missing 2 key midfielders for a team already short on depth you have an excuse. There is no question the tactics were wrong, but they didnt really have a choice.
                    Yes it was due to depth. I think they would have had a chance with Perotta and Tadei. No one was arrogant, it is just a game.
                    man i dont think we'll ever agree on this point so ill just drop it.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN
                      come on man, i'd like to see them do that again...even to the worst team in EPL.
                      lol man what i meant was we didnt win 7-1 because we were lucky we won 7-1 because we played the most amazing football. will it ever happen again? no i dont thinks so maybe in another 39 years.

Comment

Manchester United did play very well. I doubt they could have done the same against a better defence, but they played very well regardless.

Comment

I think one of the many reasons they lost could be the pace of football that Man Utd played, it was a bit too much for Roma (Man Utd were playing at an Ultra Tempo).
                          We thank and support Mr. Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to the Iranian Football Community.

Comment

lol man what i meant was we didnt win 7-1 because we were lucky we won 7-1 because we played the most amazing football. will it ever happen again? no i dont thinks so maybe in another 39 years.
                            Yeah Monaco put 8 past Deportivo a couple of years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by vahid is back
                              Yeah Monaco put 8 past Deportivo a couple of years ago...
                              i mean manchester united beating a team 7-1 again wont happen anytime soon

Comment

i mean manchester united beating a team 7-1 again wont happen anytime soon
                                They beat a couple teams in the 90s scoring 8+ goals

Comment

Working...
                                X