X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amir_Temur
    no turkey?
    fu*k this thread
    sorry dude. When i do a poll for most exciting leageu i would put Turkey in hows that?
    Karimi 8 Gerrard
    th wonders of the world

Comment

All this La Liga domination of European Cups is a little overboard....

History lesson.

In the last 20 years, La Liga had 8 teams in the final
      In the last 20 years, Serie A had 12 teams in the final
      In the last 20 years, EPL had 3 teams in the final
      In the last 20 years, Bundesliga had 5 teams in the final
      In the last 20 years, Ligue 1 had 3 teams in the final
      In the last 20 years, Eredivisie had 3 teams in the final
      In the last 20 years, Portugal had 4 teams in the final
      In the last 20 years, Romania had 1 team in the final
      In the last 20 years, Yugoslavia had 1 team in the final

Based on history, Portugal and Germany are better than EPL. Holland and France are just as good. Serie A is the most superior, La Liga second.

Last 5 years as an example

In the last 5 years, 3 Serie A teams have made the final
      In the last 5 years, 2 La Liga teams have made the final
      In the last 5 years, 2 EPL teams have made the final
      In the last 5 years, 1 Bundesliga team has made the final
      In the last 5 years, 1 French teams has made the final
      In the last 5 years, 1 Portuguese team has made the final

Serie A again the winner.

Just a history lesson

Comment

Originally posted by vahid is back
        Football may be played a bit slower, but its not like players are walking around like zombies in Serie A. Technically speaking La Liga and Serie A are vastly superior to England no doubt. What I am trying to say is the thing I really really hate about English football is the syle in which it is played. Running around aimlessly and long balls are always encouraged. A player like Adebayhor is considered class in England because he runs around a lot. The player has no skill whatsoever.
        Seems like people are misunderstanding this poll.I dont want to know the most entertaining/skillful/expensive/most watched/....etc league.I want your views on what is the strongest.Again by this i mean if you had to pick 10 teams like,to have the strongest chance of winning a competition, which nation would represent the most teams in your choices.I hope that makes sense.
        Karimi 8 Gerrard
        th wonders of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus_da_virus
          Seems like people are misunderstanding this poll.I dont want to know the most entertaining/skillful/expensive/most watched/....etc league.I want your views on what is the strongest.Again by this i mean if you had to pick 10 teams like,to have the strongest chance of winning a competition, which nation would represent the most teams in your choices.I hope that makes sense.
          Well I view entertainment as a big part of my decision also, because I care more about me lol.

However to stick to your agenda the answer to your question is clearly La Liga.

Comment

Well I view entertainment as a big part of my decision also, because I care more about me lol.
            However to stick to your agenda the answer to your question is clearly La Liga.
            Thx bro.just want to make sure people understand the poll
            Karimi 8 Gerrard
            th wonders of the world

Comment

Italia....
              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Lets not forget the 6 years penalty English clubs faced from competing in Europe with the Heysel disaster (thank you very much Liverpool fans ) otherwise English clubs didnt look stopping from reaching European Cup finals...hell we even had Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest winning the damn trophy.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah
                  Lets not forget the 6 years penalty English clubs faced from competing in Europe with the Heysel disaster (thank you very much Liverpool fans )
                  yeah sorry about that but lets be honest we did you Mancs a favour or else we would of won it even more than 5 times so dont know what your complaining about
                  Karimi 8 Gerrard
                  th wonders of the world

Comment

Lets not forget the 6 years penalty English clubs faced from competing in Europe with the Heysel disaster (thank you very much Liverpool fans ) otherwise English clubs didnt look stopping from reaching European Cup finals...hell we even had Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest winning the damn trophy.
                    That is their own fault in the end. England won their European Cups in the late 70s and early 80s down to a couple of factors. The most important being that NASL (early American league) had all the best players. European football was its weakest when English clubs dominated. So to say they would continue the trend is just hear say.

Comment

That is their own fault in the end. England won their European Cups in the late 70s and early 80s down to a couple of factors. The most important being that NASL (early American league) had all the best players. European football was its weakest when English clubs dominated. So to say they would continue the trend is just hear say.
                      I disagree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASL#Fa...cal_leaders.29

Most of the players playing in the NASL were European players in their 30s - and most of them were from the British Isles or from Netherlands.

Guys like Cruijff, Ruud Krol, Eusebio, Beckenbauer, Neeskens are the few lone prominent European players who played for European clubs you can find and then went to NASL when they had either reached their prime or they were past it already, and maybe the odd non-important lad from some eastern European bloc country or the stars from South America who have never played in Europe (Pele and Carlos Alberto).

English football was dominant at that era for the players and managers they had....the likes of Brian Clough and Bob Paisley were just to good to find managing European clubs who had coaches coming and leaving, and these were the two figures that won the European trophies for their clubs in that period.

Originally posted by Cyrus_da_virus
                      yeah sorry about that but lets be honest we did you Mancs a favour or else we would of won it even more than 5 times so dont know what your complaining about
                      Hey I'm not complaining...I can imagine how Barca fans feel seeing Real Madrid's European Cup wins or seeing Juventus see their cabinet pale in front of AC Milan's
                      sigpic

Comment

the only quality English player abroad = Beckham

The entire Brazillian national team and talent = Serie A/La Liga

EPL is overrated

I love to watch the EPL, don't get me wrong, but they come 3rd in Europe.
                        The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                        For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                        http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                        http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                        http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

I disagree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASL#Fa...cal_leaders.29

Most of the players playing in the NASL were European players in their 30s - and most of them were from the British Isles or from Netherlands.

Guys like Cruijff, Ruud Krol, Eusebio, Beckenbauer, Neeskens are the few lone prominent European players who played for European clubs you can find and then went to NASL when they had either reached their prime or they were past it already, and maybe the odd non-important lad from some eastern European bloc country or the stars from South America who have never played in Europe (Pele and Carlos Alberto).

English football was dominant at that era for the players and managers they had....the likes of Brian Clough and Bob Paisley were just to good to find managing European clubs who had coaches coming and leaving, and these were the two figures that won the European trophies for their clubs in that period.
                          Regardless of age, America took away Europe's depth as far as players are concerned. European football was at its weakest when English clubs won. The era before Liverpool's dominance had great great players not matched by the era in which they won. There was no Cruyff or Beckenbaurs. I mean they beat players like Rummeniege. A player that was class that was also defeated was Platini. But that is about it. Thats shows how weak European football was at the moment.

Look at the clubs English teams beat... Club Brugge, Malmo, Hamburg, Borussia Mochengladbach, Roma. Hardly European legends...

You can point the finger at the English national team. Why were all these players doing so well yet their national team was so poor? Says a lot in the long run. Sort of true to an extent today also.

Comment

Regardless of age, America took away Europe's depth as far as players are concerned. European football was at its weakest when English clubs won. The era before Liverpool's dominance had great great players not matched by the era in which they won. There was no Cruyff or Beckenbaurs. I mean they beat players like Rummeniege. A player that was class that was also defeated was Platini. But that is about it. Thats shows how weak European football was at the moment.
                            Look at the clubs English teams beat... Club Brugge, Malmo, Hamburg, Borussia Mochengladbach, Roma. Hardly European legends...
                            You can point the finger at the English national team. Why were all these players doing so well yet their national team was so poor? Says a lot in the long run. Sort of true to an extent today also.
                            As I said, the players that were involved in NASL were mostly English/Scottish and a few Dutch players.

There was hardly any prominent Spaniard or Italian playing there at that time - still in La Liga and Serie A, whilst almost all proper West German players were still in Bundesliga. Maybe it was the way clubs in Italy, Spain, West Germany were being managed that made them come near but get knocked out.

What I can say is that the club situations in Italy and Spain were pretty unstable and despite the talent they still possessed - which didnt go to NASL - they couldnt be a team. On the other hand we had Bob Paisley and Brian Clough leading the way for Forest and 'pool. These two can be classed as the most tactical English managers you will be able to find in history, and that couldnt be reciprocated into the players' national sides of England, Scotland and Ireland.
                            sigpic

Comment

spanish..but voted EPL by accident..but those 2 are the strongest fo sure

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                              CITY

Comment

English league...no doubt about it...just look at this year's champion's league...english premier league has undoubtedly proved itself
                                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Working...
                                X