Chelsea Captian speaks about C. Ronaldo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea Captian speaks about C. Ronaldo

I think C. Ronaldo will win this award (EPL Player of the Year award). John Terry (Chelsea captian) thinks that C. Ronaldo deserves this award over his teammate Drogba. I think that a lot of EPL players would vote for Ronaldo this year and he will deservingly win it..

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...422331&cc=5901

Chelsea captain has described Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo, who has been nominated by his fellow professionals for both the Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards, as `the best in the world'.

Ronaldo and United team-mates Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, as well as Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal) and Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) are the nominations for the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award.

United's Wayne Rooney and Ronaldo, Fabregas, Kevin Doyle (Reading), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham) and Micah Richards (Manchester City) are the nominees for the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

But Terry believes Ronaldo is the man to beat for both awards.

Terry added: 'I totally admire the player after the stick he got after the World Cup.

'That was understandable after knocking us out of the World Cup with Portugal. But he has dealt with it so well. He has done all his talking on the pitch.

'I could watch Manchester United just to watch him. He does things with the ball that you don't see anyone else in the world doing the at the minute. He is the best in the world at the moment.

'When he is at his best I don't think there are many people who can stop him. When he is running at you like he does with his skills and tricks, you don't know which way he is going.

'A lot of teams double up on him and he has often said he has two players to beat in every game.

'But you double up on him and then he passes the ball to Wayne Rooney who does the same, so where do you stop? You can't double up on everyone.'
Working...
X