Maradonna:"Messi Will Take My Place In Football"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maradonna:"Messi Will Take My Place In Football"

The fame of the Lionel Messi goal has reached Diego Maradona, the legend himself putting the debate to bed, declaring he has no doubts that the teenager will take his place in football.

"I am very satisfied with the fabulous goal of Lionel," began Maradona.

"I already know the name of the player who will take my place in Argentine football: that name is Lionel Messi," he continued.

"He is talent in its purest state.

"Lionel was born to be a footballer. He should note that.

"Only those who have started out on the streets can keep the ball stuck to his foot like that.

"The valour, the self-confidence, and the ambition is all innate in him.

"We are presented with a boy who will make history in our sport.

"Lionel, I am your biggest fan, and I hope that good health accompanies you, and allows us to continue admiring your football."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=284551

Nice to hear from one of the best footballers ever
    FC BARCELONA & ESTEGHLAL

Comment

no doubt about it.

he symbolizes the new generation of legends already.
      The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
      For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
      http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
      http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
      http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

I just hope such promise and fame so early on in his career doesnt make him go astray like Maradona's personal life became. All players of outrageous talent like Garrincha, George Best, as well as Diego Maradona made a muck of their personal lives because of all the fame they achieved so early on in their careers. I hope players like Messi avoid that path. He is a gifted lad, but he needs to use a cool head. Hopefully the Barca management take good care of him as he grows older.
        sigpic

Comment

He said similar things about Rooney last year.
          The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

messi is the best!!!!! i have high hopes for him.

Comment

He just jinxed him.

How many next Maradona's have there been? I bet as much as next Michael Jordans...

Comment

as long as he keeps off the columbian white hell be his successor lol..
                Go Cows!

Comment

http://www.deporte365.com

Comment

i fought Karimi was ment to tke Maradonas place

Comment

he said the same about ariel ortega as well..

although messi looks the closest "next maradona"...SO FAR...
                      Originally posted by siavasharian
                      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

He also said this about Aimar, calling him the one of the greatest talents ever.

Noone can replace Maradona, he knows it himself, like we all do. There will never be a footballer who single handly can make a midtable team become champions in one of the best leagues in the world (like Maradona did to Napoli in Italy).

Maradona single handly brought Argentina to the WC title. He's the greatest footballer that ever existed and will exist.
                        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

I am assuming and hoping that Messi will make his own destiny rather than purely having a career made of being compared to Diego Armando Maradona.
                          Originally posted by Amin_
                          Noone can replace Maradona, he knows it himself, like we all do. There will never be a footballer who single handly can make a midtable team become champions in one of the best leagues in the world (like Maradona did to Napoli in Italy).
                          Maradona single handly brought Argentina to the WC title. He's the greatest footballer that ever existed and will exist.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_
                            He also said this about Aimar, calling him the one of the greatest talents ever.
                            i dunno man... pele won 3 world cups, scored 77 goals in 92 games for brazil, scored 470 goals in 412 games with santos in brazil league, 10 league titles,

maradona won 1 world cup, scored 34 in 92 games, 3 league titles, and took a mid table team to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by milad
                              i dunno man... pele won 3 world cups, scored 77 goals in 92 games for brazil, scored 470 goals in 412 games with santos in brazil league, 10 league titles,
                              maradona won 1 world cup, scored 34 in 92 games, 3 league titles, and took a mid table team to the top.
                              Well statistics dont always tell the real story. Pele wasnt the only reason Brazil won those 3 world cups...rather it was a total team effort in 1970 and 1958 with 1962 win solely belonging to Garrincha as Pele was injured almost the entire tournament in Chile.

What Garrincha did in 1962, Maradona did in 1986 virtually on his own as a captain, as the key goal scorer and playmaker.

Again, different players of different eras so its harsh comparing both at the same time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X