No announcement yet.

Maradonna:"Messi Will Take My Place In Football"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just compare between what pele said when they asked him about C. Ronaldo and what maradona said when thet asked him about messi

look how maradona encourage new talents and how pele doesnt want anybody to be better than him!!!

maradona is the best and pele please focus in mastercard commercials better for u.

Comment

Yeh it's hard to compare the 2, and indeed, those statistics don't tell everything. Cruijf never won a WC, and only reached the final in '74, but still he's been considered as the best European footballer of all time, and probably after Maradona and Pele the best footballer in the world.

Also don't forget that Maradona brought Argentina to the finals in 1990, only losing to Germany by a PK.
      Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_
        Cruijf never won a WC, and only reached the final in '74, but still he's been considered as the best European footballer of all time, and probably after Maradona and Pele the best footballer in the world.
        Don't forget Beckenbauer, he's one of Europe's top players of all time. I'm not sure which of them were better since I haven't seen all of their matches (I've only watched their World Cup matches and a few of Cruijff's Barca goals and assists).

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_
          Yeh it's hard to compare the 2, and indeed, those statistics don't tell everything. Cruijf never won a WC, and only reached the final in '74, but still he's been considered as the best European footballer of all time, and probably after Maradona and Pele the best footballer in the world.
          Also don't forget that Maradona brought Argentina to the finals in 1990, only losing to Germany by a PK.
          I would give that to Zidane

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN
            I would give that to Zidane
            Well that's debatable. I will always regard Johan Cruijff as the greatest European player of all time. What he did as a player for Netherlands and Ajax and Barca and even for bitter rivals Feyenoord, and what he did as a manager with Barca means he is better than all.

Dont get me wrong, the closest to Cruijff would be Franz Beckenbauer as he did similar things as player and coach although Franz was a sweeper but regardless what a player.

As far as Zidane goes, I would certainly consider him amongst the top 10 of all time European greats alongside Ferenc Puskas, Alfredo di Stefano (although he also played for Argentina and Colombia) and a host of others., but not the greatest European player of all time
            sigpic

Comment

Di Stefano played for Spain though and his Colombian caps are not recognized. As you said he played for Argentina He could have also played for Italy.

Comment

Honestly, If there's gonna be one player who will be as big as Maradonna was out of the current players..I'd put my money on C. Ronaldo

Comment

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1r...ssi-y-maradona
                  The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Working...
                  X