"Golden boy"

Hometown-
    Los Angeles
    Height
    5"10
    Record
    38-4 30 KO's

A little bit about "Golden Boy"

At 33, Oscar De La Hoya is one of the most successful prize fighters in boxing history, if the size of his prizes is the measuring stick. As his May 6 return to boxing approaches after a self-imposed 20-month exile from the ring, De La Hoya is preparing for his 28th world title fight and to face his 22nd world champion. In those fights he has won some form of a world title in six different weight classes ranging from 130 pounds to 160 pounds, a spread of the scales even someone like the legendary Henry Armstrong would have been proud to call his own.

Floyd Mayweather Jr
    Welterweight
    37-0 24 Ko's

Nickname
    Pretty Boy

Hometown
    Las Vegas, NV

Date of Birth
    February 24, 1977

Height
    5'8

*He won a bronze medal in Atlanta 96 olympic games.

At the age of 29, Floyd is a nine-year pro. Boxing's rising superstar, he is considered by most observers to be the best active boxer at any weight, "pound for pound." In his last fight on November 19, Floyd fought as a welterweight for the first time and knocked out former WBA super lightweight world champion Sharmba Mitchell in the sixth round.When Floyd was 21, he won the WBC super featherweight world title and The Ring's "Fighter of the Year" award. He held the title from October, 1998. He won the WBC lightweight world title in April, 2002, and made three successful title defenses before moving up to the 140 pound division. Floyd is experienced against top opposition, and has beaten current or former world champions Sharmba Mitchell (KO6), Arturo Gatti (TKO6), Demarcus Corley (W12), Jose Luis Castillo twice (W12, W12), Jesus Chavez (TKO9), Carlos Hernandez (W12), Diego Corrales (TKO10), Goyo Vargas (W12), and Genaro "Chicanito" Hernandez (TKO8).

mayweather all the way...im going to a graduation party at someones house 2morrow and as soon as i found out the date i told the guy that u better order the game lol...

but yeah i just have always liked black fighters in general; hopkins, mosley, mayweather, etc...not a fan of the hispanics (except vargas, i liked him)

has anyone seen that 24/7 show on HBO? It always came on after entourage but i never got around to watching it.

The one thing i hate about boxing is the guaranteed money. Like i remember when hopkins fought de la hoya, no matter what oscar was getting 40 mil and bernard 20...thats total :bs:

but yeah, mayweathers got it wrapped up.

Comment

As you guys can tell I'm a huge boxing fan and I think FMW is going to win this fight. I think Oscar's 22 month self exile of boxing is going to be the difference in this match. Oscar is getting older by each passing day and he is no longer in his prime. My prediction FMW jr wins in a decision but it is going to be one hell of a match that can really go either way. I'm not saying De la Hoya stands no chance because you can never rule out the "golden boy." The guy is a fighter and has a lot of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
        mayweather all the way...im going to a graduation party at someones house 2morrow and as soon as i found out the date i told the guy that u better order the game lol...
        but yeah i just have always liked black fighters in general; hopkins, mosley, mayweather, etc...not a fan of the hispanics (except vargas, i liked him)
        has anyone seen that 24/7 show on HBO? It always came on after entourage but i never got around to watching it.
        The one thing i hate about boxing is the guaranteed money. Like i remember when hopkins fought de la hoya, no matter what oscar was getting 40 mil and bernard 20...thats total :bs:
        but yeah, mayweathers got it wrapped up.
        Way to have your priorities my friend. The only thing I don't like about Oscar De La Hoya is he comes off as arrogant to me. I remember when he first lost to Trinidad. Basically De la Hoya was winning the match but in the last few rounds he started dancing. Oscar De La Hoya thought he had the game in the bag but was shocked when the judges gave the decision to Trinidad. I dind't like how in the press conference he was showing off and showed his "junk" to the sereaming women fans. It's like dude are you trying to get laid or box?

One thing is for sure though bro if FMW UNDERESTIMATES DE LA HOYA it will be a huge mistake. I think FMW is the better fighter but De La Hoya is not out of this.If I was a gambling man which I'm not though I'de put my money on FMW.

As for the black/hispanic thing I don't really care as long as you are a good fighter.

Comment

as u can see from de la hoyas record, he has 4 losses, but i think those are like the only fights ive seen from him lol, i honestly dont remember watching him win once. I guess u could call him a choker cause he loses all his big fights.

Comment

i hope oscar whoops him. cuz mayweather is talkin way too much. plus its cinco de mayo, so oscar knows all the mexicans will be watching lol. i think he ll win. not by knock out. but if its a knock out itll be in round 6 or 10
            SHOW TIME!

Comment

Nice to see boxing fans here. I've been waiting for this for months, I've never wanted someone to get beat up so badly in my life. I wish DLH knocks every tooth out of PBF head, and then follows that up by KOing his crackhead dad.

DLH has THE best jab in boxing. He's the stronger and smarter fighter, and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. To think PBF thinks he's the greatest of all time, what a loser the guy has beat maybe 3 worthy guys. Where as DLH has fought practically any big name available in his weight classes for the last decade.

For the sake of boxing I hope DLH humiliates PBF.

NYpimp De La Hoya is no choker, he lost twice to Mosely, first time he lost, second time he was robbed. Against Trinidad he showed he was the better fighter, and I personally thought he won that fight as well. And his other loss to Hopkins....well win or lose, it took balls to fight him, as Hopkins is a natural 160lber.
              STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
              A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

Originally posted by Muradistan
                Nice to see boxing fans here. I've been waiting for this for months, I've never wanted someone to get beat up so badly in my life. I wish DLH knocks every tooth out of PBF head, and then follows that up by KOing his crackhead dad.

DLH has THE best jab in boxing. He's the stronger and smarter fighter, and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. To think PBF thinks he's the greatest of all time, what a loser the guy has beat maybe 3 worthy guys. Where as DLH has fought practically any big name available in his weight classes for the last decade.

NYpimp De La Hoya is no choker, he lost twice to Mosely, first time he lost, second time he was robbed. Against Trinidad he showed he was the better fighter, and I personally thought he won that fight as well. And his other loss to Hopkins....well win or lose, it took balls to fight him, as Hopkins is a natural 160lber.
                ohhh mann i remember that mosely fight like it was yesterday haha, sugar shane is really my favorite boxer, and i went with some cousins and friends to this ALL mexican bar, im not even exaggerating, there was like 200 mexicans there and we were the only non mexicans haha. I was kinda suprised cause i thought mexicans didnt really like de la hoya cause he was too americanized, kinda like us with dejagah. They were going crazy during the fight; even the ppl i was with like de la hoya. I was seriously the only mosley fan there. When they were ready for the decision i was pretty much walking out, certain that i lost all the money i bet lol. but then i heard that he won and i was going CRAZY lool, i couldnt believe it. Everyone was silent and i was jumping up and down. they didnt do anything to me cause i was like 12 lol but now i might have gotten my ass kicked haha

Comment

You know I have a lot of Mexican friends about 20 of them, and not all of them like De La Hoya. They find him to be arrogant and too much of a show off, but they all want him to win this one. I am NOT A DE LA HOYA FAN because he is usually the one who talks smack, but I"ll make an exception on this one becuase FMW is really running his mouth.

I don't know if you guys watch the Best Dam Sports Show but they had FMW on Tuesday and Oscar De La Hoya last night. FMW was running his mouth saying, "Oscar is a FMW fan because he even has my dad training him, he likes to copy my style by wearing the same clothes I wear, and he likes to call celebrities like I do...." bla bla bla etc

De La Hoya was saying things like, "FMW is a very smart fighter he doesn't like to get into a brawl, he is very fast, it's going to be a good fight" etc.

You can just see the difference between the two fighters and I think over the years DE LA HOYA GOT MATURE. The old De La Hoya would be the one running his mouth, showing his junk to the women IN A PRESS CONFERENCE, (seriously he showed his one eyed snake in a press conference in the Trinidad/De La Hoya fight back in 2000). Now he seems to have grown up with age and you can tell the way he conducts himself.

I JUST WANT TO SEE A GOOD FIGHT, but I think FMW is just going to be too much for De La Hoya. FMW wins in a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Muradistan

That Trinidad fight was a very QUESTIONABLE call because De La Hoya dominated that fight. I think what did De La Hoya in was when he started dancing in the later rounds becase his manager said that, "You have enough points to win just don't blow it."

If De La Hoya continued to fight the way he was in the earlier rounds, he would of won that match.

You are right though losing to Trinidad, Mosley, and Hopkins is not like losing to a bunch of chumps. Those are all EXCELLENT fighters that De La Hoya lost to and he should of won that Trinidad match.

De La Hoya should only have 3 losses not 4.

Comment

Floyd is gonna win with his ridicoulous speed, his punches are so fast, but he cant finish and has no power. Floyd can move really well.

Comment

Floyd is going to win

Comment

People have proven PBF is beatable, Zab Judah took him to school early in their fight but got pounded in the end. Jose Luis Castillo beat PBF in their first bout, barely but I gave him the fight only to have the hometown boys judges sway in favor of PBF.

DLH can learn a lot from Castillo, he made PBF work and punished him for every mistake. Castillo's style however is very different to DLH, but I would love to see the bigger DLH try a few new things like fighting on the inside, and countering, and of course body shots.
                          STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
                          A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

I'll be @ Frankie's for the fight after the Axis of Evil Comedy Show. Dillanpour is having a graduation party that night so good luck watching the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Club monaco
                              I'll be @ Frankie's for the fight after the Axis of Evil Comedy Show. Dillanpour is having a graduation party that night so good luck watching the fight.
                              LOOOOOOOOL thats what i was talkin about, i asked him and hes ordering, thats where im gonna be haha

but yeah i found out about jobrani coming to atlanta about a month ago, forgot about it, but got a message on myspace about it...really wish i couldve saw that...probably not old enough anyway...w/e

but yeah hes gonna have the fight...get on chat

Comment

Working...
                              X