Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the winner of the Champions League the best team in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the winner of the Champions League the best team in the world?

First of all i just want to say that i truly believe from the bottom of my heart that AC milan is the best team in the world.

Now to the question.

5 of the past 6 participants in the Champions League havent won their league. In 2 of the last 3 finals, AC Milan and Liverpool met in the final. Right now Liverpool is almost 20 points off the pace in the EPL and Milan is 28 points down (should be 19, should really be less than that but i dont feel like getting into that now). Also the last time they met in the finals, Chelsea was the winner in the EPL and Juventus won the Scudetto (no scandal :bs: here plz)

so what im trying to ask here is if the Champions League the best way to see who is the best team, or is it better to judge a team based on how they do over a long season? Now im a huge fan of the champions league, no way suggesting getting rid of it, but for the sake of arguement would a better way to see who the best team is is have the winners of the big 4 go at it in a playoff...or the big 6 with france and germany in NFL playoff format with the teams with the most points getting a bye or something like that? Not asking if its a better idea, because it isnt, but would it be a better way of seeing definitively what the best team in Europe/ the world is?

btw dont talk about the club world cup, we are talking about europe here

yes liverpool is the best team in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by milad
      yes liverpool is the best team in the world.
      tru dat bro

Comment

ac milan is going to take a dump on liverpools chest. mark my words

Comment

no i don't think the winners of the champions league are necessarily the best club in europe. sometimes luck has a hand in helping teams win (eg. world cup). sometimes the best clubs have off days, or a few of their best players at a time are missing for the same game. with the league, it's a week in week out thing, based on consistency and in the end the most strongest and consistent team prevails. but then you can't determine what the best club in europe is if you judge it soley on the league only. i guess that's why there was talk a few years ago of making the champions league just that, a competition only for the CHAMPIONS of each european league.

Comment

Originally posted by fashionista17
            no i don't think the winners of the champions league are necessarily the best club in europe. sometimes luck has a hand in helping teams win (eg. world cup). sometimes the best clubs have off days, or a few of their best players at a time are missing for the same game. with the league, it's a week in week out thing, based on consistency and in the end the most strongest and consistent team prevails. but then you can't determine what the best club in europe is if you judge it soley on the league only. i guess that's why there was talk a few years ago of making the champions league just that, a competition only for the CHAMPIONS of each european league.
            Oh ya totally agree with that. Luck has a big factor also getting HOT at the right time can seriously work in your favor.

Comment

Originally posted by kaveh1385
              ac milan is going to take a dump on liverpools chest. mark my words
              You got that from the "Not another teen movie" didn't you? Where the freaky chick says, "I'm going to take a dump on your chest." lol

Comment

But still guys champions leage us the best football you can watch always exiting its like the mini world cup each year

Comment

MEH!

I would say the Copa Libertadores winners are mostly unknowns but they are as good as the Champions League winners.

No wonder the last two FIFA Club World Cups were won by South American (specifically Brazilian) clubs. I wouldnt be surprised if they won this year's edition as well, depending who wins the CL and the Copa
                  sigpic

Comment

Thats a stupid question of course if you win the champs league doesnt mean your the best. in any knock out competition the best team doesnt always win but thats wat makes it exciting.
                    Karimi 8 Gerrard
                    th wonders of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah
                      MEH!

I would say the Copa Libertadores winners are mostly unknowns but they are as good as the Champions League winners.

No wonder the last two FIFA Club World Cups were won by South American (specifically Brazilian) clubs. I wouldnt be surprised if they won this year's edition as well, depending who wins the CL and the Copa
                      so are al ahly

Comment

Champions league winners are not the best team in the world. Like Suprah said, the club world cup is always been won by south american teams. African nations champions also had a good contention to it last year. So its hard to decide!

Comment

Not neccessarily the best team, but one of the best ones.

Comment

I think that clubs like liverpool should stay away from CL, because in the end they win it and such a dahati club is officially the best team in the world

Comment

I don t think they re the best
                              I think being the best requires a couple of years of consistancy and acomplishments like Champions League and winning ur league and things like that
                              ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

Working...
                              X