Zambia
    South Africa
    Guinea

Group D
    Nigeria
    Ghana
    Zimbabwe
    Senegal

First match is in 9 days (Egypt - Lybia)

Most matches will be shown on Eurosport.

I think Egypt will win the tournament. The tournament is hold in Egypte and they have a strong team. And its again time for Egypt to win the tournament. They haven't won it since a long time ago.

Ivory Coast , have a very strong technically gifted team

It's going to be either them or Eygpt, as they're playin at home and strong team (MIDO)

Comment

What that are strong groups !one stronger than the other

hope tunisia wins it

Comment

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan
        What that are strong groups !one stronger than the other
        hope tunisia wins it
        Group A,B and D are strong groups, C is an easy group with low quality teams

Comment

Group A is a killer, with Egypt as the hosts.

Can't wait to see Angola perform.
          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

FINAL will be Egypt-Ivory Coast!

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
            CITY

Comment

We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Major blow for Ghana, Essien has been ruled out because of his injury.
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

i will cheer for egypt ! i love egypt

Comment

Nigeria will kill...

Better belive it..
                    They have the best squad in Africa..

BY FAR

Not only will they embaress Zimbabwe and Senegal they will show Ghana that Nigeria had the right for a spot in the World cup 2006..

Ghana doesnt even have 10 % of Nigerias squad...

Comment

Wow... how great to see so many people in here supporting Egypt

Trust that the sentiments are mutual for many Egyptians when it comes to Iran.. for the ones that know enough about Asian football anyway.

I'm sorry to say that I'm pretty pesemistic about Egypt's chances this time. There is so much controversey surrounding the team and spirits are wayyy down after failing to qualify for the World Cup. Plus with the recent political unrest with the presidential and parlimentary elections, football is the last thing on people's minds.

There are reports that the manager has already submitted his resignation which would take affect right after the tournament. Then there are the fans who strongly disagree with some parts of the squad the coach chose for the tournament (like the inclusion of an over-age Hossam Hassan, and NOT calling up Mohammed Zidan).

Basically, we have a cheap local manager that has neither the experience, nor the tactical know-how to get it done at this level.

I think the midfield and strikers are pretty talented, but the question is whether or not we can get by on talent alone.

My favorites for this tournament are Ivory Coast and Tunisia. Don't sleep on Tunisia guys. They are, easily, the most professional, most organized team in Africa. Ivory Coast are an upstart, organized team with a steel wall in defense.

I won't be surprised if Egypt don't make it out of the group stage. Morocco always packs the defense and relies on the counter attack against Egypt, and history shown that this has been an effective strategy against us, especially for them.

We may have scored the most goals in Africa in World Cup qualifying and did well in both matches vs. Cameroon, but Ivory Coast has had our number lately. I don't expect more than a draw at best vs. them to be perfectly honest.

Libya aren't so bad, but if we don't get 3 points from them in the opening match, then we don't deserve a quarterfinal place anyway.

In the end, we'll see what happens. We're at home, which should help quite a bit. The rennovated National Stadium is pretty nice. 100,000+ screaming fans cheering for you is always a big boost.

Comment

Working...
                      X