Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The funny thing about football.. (please read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny thing about football.. (please read)

A country like Holland who has some of the best players in the world along with the best coaches doesn't use their best to represent their national team!!

Holland has many great coaches in the legendary Guus Hiddink, Dick Advocaat, Van Gaal, Frank Rijkaard, Leo Beenhaker to name a few.

Yet they opt to use a young inexperienced coach like Van Basten instead.

Hiddink turns an average team like S.Korea and Australia into attractive spectacles.

Seriously imagine what Hiddink could do with Holland a team with players like Van Nistelrooy, Arjen Robben, Van Persie and so on.

My Dutch team would look like this:

---------------------Van Nistelrooy

-------Robben-----------------------------Van Persie

-----Seedorf/Sneijder---------------------Van Der Vaart

-----------------------Van Bommel

-----Van Bronkhorst---------------------------Bouhlarouz

--------------------Ooijer-----------Matijsen

-------------------------Van Der Saar

Or take for example Brazil's world cup winning coach Luiz Phillipe Scolari who rejected coaching his native Brasil and opted to coach Portugal the country he failed to win the 2004 euro cup for.

They may have offered him more money, I dont know! But where are these people pride and loyalty?!! I am certain that with Scolari Brasil would have done much better than they did in Germany last summer. I hope he comes back to coach the Salecao.

Another example is when the Greek coach Otto Rehagel rejected coaching his native Germany after Franz Bekenbauer offered him the job when he won euro 2004 for Greece.

This sort of bahaviour by both players and coaches has to stop for the good of International football and competition. International football is losing its credibility and turning into club football as we see numerous numbers of national teams with non native players mainly from Brasil.

van bommel isnt a classic defesive midfielder, he is a box type of midfielder who is a jack of all trades but master of none... in other words, he is neither an entire offensive midfielder, nor an entire defensive midfielder..

also u might wanna switch van der vart and sneider's..

and last but not the least, where is huntelaar??
    Originally posted by siavasharian
    ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
    بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia
      on the bench

good line-up btw.

Comment

van bommel isnt a classic defesive midfielder, he is a box type of midfielder who is a jack of all trades but master of none... in other words, he is neither an entire offensive midfielder, nor an entire defensive midfielder..
        also u might wanna switch van der vart and sneider's..
        who would you replace huntelaar for RVD, Robben or Van Persie ... I dont think so!!

As for Van Bommel he is the best choice in that position for Oranje the other candidates would have been Denny Landzaat or Nigel De Jong and neither have the experience of Van Bommel and play for weaker clubs. So Van Bommel was the logical choice.

And Sneijder usually plays that position for Oranje as does Van Der Vaart same with their clubs, and they both do a good job in their respective positions.

Comment

with this formation, hollands defense is vulnerable, van bommel isnt a classical DM and mathijsen isnt very solid.

wat i would do is play heitinga as RB, move boulahrouz next to ooijer and play landzaat instead of van bommel.
          landzaat has enough experience as well plus better defensive skills and has good long range shots.

van bommel and mathijsen can both be on the bench.
          van der vart can more or less do the same job van bommel does. seedorf too.

as for huntelaar, maybe he can start instead of the injury prone and out of form robben?

btw, van der vart doesnt play on the right in hamburg.
          so this will be my line up...

---------------------Van Nistelrooy-------------------

----------huntelaar------------------Van Persie

---van der vart--------------------------Seedorf/Sneijder

-----------------------landzaat

-----Van Bronkhorst---------------------------Heitinga

--------------------Ooijer-----------Boulahrouz

we can even use Kuyt behind nistelroy as kuyt has a lot of stamina and is very hard working which will make him a good supporting striker..
          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

with this formation, hollands defense is vulnerable, van bommel isnt a classical DM and mathijsen isnt very solid.
            wat i would do is play heitinga as RB, move boulahrouz next to ooijer and play landzaat instead of van bommel.
            landzaat has enough experience as well plus better defensive skills and has good long range shots.
            van bommel and mathijsen can both be on the bench.
            van der vart can more or less do the same job van bommel does. seedorf too.
            as for huntelaar, maybe he can start instead of the injury prone and out of form robben?
            btw, van der vart doesnt play on the right in hamburg.
            so this will be my line up...
            ---------------------Van Nistelrooy-------------------
            ----------huntelaar------------------Van Persie
            ---van der vart--------------------------Seedorf/Sneijder
            -----------------------landzaat
            -----Van Bronkhorst---------------------------Heitinga
            --------------------Ooijer-----------Boulahrouz
            we can even use Kuyt behind nistelroy as kuyt has a lot of stamina and is very hard working which will make him a good supporting striker..
            so you would have robben on bench not very wise if you ask me
            The good thing about Robben is that he plays better for country than club which is the way its meant to be!

Van Bommel performed well for Bayern Munich this season i was quite impressed by his performance particurlarly in the champions league againts real madrid in both legs. So I dont have a problem with starting him.
            My secind preferance would be Nigel De Jong.

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN
              so you would have robben on bench not very wise if you ask me
              The good thing about Robben is that he plays better for country than club which is the way its meant to be!
              Van Bommel performed well for Bayern Munich this season i was quite impressed by his performance particurlarly in the champions league againts real madrid in both legs. So I dont have a problem with starting him.
              My secind preferance would be Nigel De Jong.
              well just because hisname is robben doesnt mean he cant be on the bench for an excellent performing huntelaar.
              robben has been injured and not been playing enough lately.
              but yea, a fully fit robben can be a very valuable asset to the dutch. (he is very selfish though which is another weak point of his).
              it all depends on the sitaution of the squad.

but about van bommel, yes van bommel has been doing well for bayern, definitely one of bayerns better players but 2 things not to be forgotten:
              1)he hasnt been playing DM in bayern, hargreaves, ottl and demichellis have been the DMs. van bommel has had a more offensive role which i pointed out in my first post as well, with an unstable defender like mathijsen in the middle and all attacking midfielders, assigining the DM position to van bommel is suicide.
              2)bayern team and specially midfeild has been so terrible that even a medciore performance by van bommel will look great compared to his team mates. im saying this in general, not necessarily that van bommel was mediocre.
              ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

all the pride for ones country is gone.. footballers only care about money. we are young and dont have families to look after thats y we are all like oo if i was a footballer id play for ac milan cuz they are my fav even if they offerd me 1000 but if real madrid offer me 10000 i wudnt go cuz i love ac milan.. wen u gotta family money is everything THATS IT.. y u tink karimi wanna go back to arabs.. he dun giv shit about us or about being a good footballer its ll about tha benjamins$$$ thats it footballers have no passion just a few players like gattuso nekounam andranik and others i dont really know of.. the rest are just money hungry
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Man i donno whats happening.. players and coaches care less about international stages than league..
                  look at the BIG GUNS of europe.. All struggling to even make it to Euro Int's..
                  its just pathetic!

lool and recently.. Kaka and Ronaldinho both asked not to be picked to represent Brazil in the Copa America!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood_Money
                    Man i donno whats happening.. players and coaches care less about international stages than league..
                    look at the BIG GUNS of europe.. All struggling to even make it to Euro Int's..
                    its just pathetic!
                    lool and recently.. Kaka and Ronaldinho both asked not to be picked to represent Brazil in the Copa America!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Working...
                    X