Iraq in negotiations with Egil Olsen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iraq in negotiations with Egil Olsen

The Iraqi FA are in negotations with coach Egil Olsen to take charge of the Iraqi national team. The Norwegian will arrive to Amman-Jordan tommorow morining to meet the Iraqi officials.

AlJazeerasport

That would be great for Iraq! But is this for the upcoming Asian Cup or after the AC because I don't think its that smart to sign a coach two months before the cup starts, especially someone who probably doesn't knows much about the football in Iraq & middle east..

Comment

Originally posted by ShirFarhad
      That would be great for Iraq! But is this for the upcoming Asian Cup or after the AC because I don't think its that smart to sign a coach two months before the cup starts, especially someone who probably doesn't knows much about the football in Iraq & middle east..
      Yes its for the upcoming WAFF Championships & the Asian Cup, and I totally agree with you its not a smart move as I dont think it will be beneficial in the short run to get any foreign coach to take charge of Iraq since theres no time left for the big continental tournament.

Comment

Expect to see nothing but long balls from Iraq if this guy gets the job.
        Proud to be of Aryan stock
        "Since ancient times, Persians have used the term Aryan as a racial designation in an ethnic sense to describe their lineage and their language, and this tradition has continued into the present day amongst modern Iranians (Encyclopedia Iranica, p. 681, Arya). In fact, the name Iran is a cognate of Aryan and means "Land of the Aryans.""

Comment

Originally posted by Samanian
          Expect to see nothing but long balls from Iraq if this guy gets the job.
          His long-ball philosophy, use of the 4-5-1 system and his teams often extremely successful defending earned him a bad reputation of boring football, even during the period when his results as Norway manager were astonishing.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egil_Olsen

Comment

Originally posted by South Iraq
            His impact on Norwegian style of football is still so heavy that they are still struggling to change their style of football to a more offensive one.
            "Since ancient times, Persians have used the term Aryan as a racial designation in an ethnic sense to describe their lineage and their language, and this tradition has continued into the present day amongst modern Iranians (Encyclopedia Iranica, p. 681, Arya). In fact, the name Iran is a cognate of Aryan and means "Land of the Aryans.""

Comment

This man will make Iraq play some really boring football, but at least I hope he gets some good results for the team.

I would have preferred a local coach to take over for now, but oh well.
              Previously known as "IraqiFootball"

Comment

Originally posted by IraqiFootball
                This man will make Iraq play some really boring football, but at least I hope he gets some good results for the team.

I would have preferred a local coach to take over for now, but oh well.
                Point taken.

Comment

prepare for a 6-3-1 formation with a "kick it long" philosophy .
                  We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                  And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i live in norway, i've seen this guy coach the NT and 2 clubs

this is the guy who ****ed wimbledon up :P

Comment

Although Arab sides generally play with a fair amount of flair and attacking sense, they lack stability at the back and are known to show inconsistencies. This guy, although we know his coaching credentials, can bring a fair bit of stability in the side but they will need a lot of practice to make that happen to wearing down opponents and winning by the odd goal.

Kinda like Mourinho
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi
                        LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i live in norway, i've seen this guy coach the NT and 2 clubs

this is the guy who ****ed wimbledon up :P
                        Yeah, can't say his stay in Fredrikstad was successful. They guy has become more of a joke the last couple of years. But if the Iraqis feel he'll do good for their national team then good for them.

Comment

Negotiations with Olsen did not go well, and the Iraqi FA have signed a 3 months contract with the next option, the Brazilian coach Jorvan Vieira.

Comment

Originally posted by South Iraq
                            Negotiations with Olsen did not go well, and the Iraqi FA have signed a 3 months contract with the next option, the Brazilian coach Jorvan Vieira.
                            do you have information about him? I've never heard of him before.
                            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                            And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

He is a former Vasco Da Gama player, who started coaching at the age of 23, and has coached in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Egypt, Portugal, Brazil, Malaysia and his last coaching job was with Al-Taee in Saudi Arabia. He has spent most of his career in Morocco as assistant coach to Mehd Faria the famous Brazilian coach at the 1986 World Cup, and also coached at six Moroccan clubs. He is a Portuguese passport holder, and is married to a Moroccan, and speaks and understands Arabic (also speaks Italian, French, Portugese, Spanish and English).

Comment

Working...
                              X