Henry to Barca?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blood_Money
    Lool you clearly arent watching the FA Cup final..
    He just missed an open goal Loool!
    I posted that before FA cup final. And I think he wasn't bad tbh, he had an assist which Giggs missed, had a few efforts on goal and some fast go-through moves. I don't think thats bad

Anyway, I don't expect anyone to agree with me on every single aspect. The fact that we both love Barca is enough and great Kudos to you bro.

Originally posted by Muradistan
    I understand Danyjr's point, he's looking in the long run. I don't think he believes at the moment Rooney is better than Henry.

How much can Henry give in his last years? Rooney is still young and has over a decade to go. But the part I'm lost in is Villa, Villa is a clinical finisher, similar to a Saviola. And in Spanish Primera as oppose to the Premiership you don't need to be built like an oxe to survive. So that extra strength and durability that Rooney has I don't think would play much a part if he were to go there. Either way its a matter of preference, Villa and Rooney are pretty equal in talent. I feel however Rooney has more potential, don't know if he'll ever be able to reach it though.
    you took the words right from my mouth (although I think Rooney is better in a few aspects atm, but yeah)
    Originally posted by Masoud_A
    Rooney> Villa+ Henry
    Rooney couldnt do shit against Cesk
    = Cesk > Rooney+Villa + Henry?
    The old maths class days tell me that the last inequality is wrong...

Comment

no striker in the world is better than david villa today
      1)
      2)
      3)
      4)
      5)
      6)
      7)
      8)
      9)
      10)

this is scientifically correct. Do you see wayne rooney? I dont see wayne rooney.

Comment

What surprised me by fellow Barca fan.. is that you said You'd rather have Rooney over Henry and Villa...
        its not like any are gona come but its worrying!

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
          no striker in the world is better than david villa today
          this is scientifically correct. Do you see wayne rooney? I dont see wayne rooney.
          Lets have a look at their ages shall we:
          Villa: 25
          Drogba: 29
          Henry: 30
          Totti: 30
          Crespo: 32
          Shevchenko: 28
          Toni: 30
          Van Nistelrooy: 31
          Ronaldo: 30
          Rooney: 21
          It depends on what you want. If you're looking for short-term solutions (which aren't very reliable) like what Iranian Football Federation did to our olympic team, go for Van Nistelrooy. On long-term, players like Rooney or Villa are way more efficient than the likes of Henry and Nistelrooy. Also you should look at your team's playstyle and decide which player you need. Inzaghi was the top scorer once, because he fitted Juve's counter attack playstyle, but in a pressed game he is a useless clown, and that is why I think Villa isn't the best option for Barca while Rooney can be.

Comment

Originally posted by danyjr
            Lets have a look at their ages shall we:
            Villa: 25
            Drogba: 29
            Henry: 30
            Totti: 30
            Crespo: 32
            Shevchenko: 28
            Toni: 30
            Van Nistelrooy: 31
            Ronaldo: 30
            Rooney: 21
            It depends on what you want. If you're looking for short-term solutions (which aren't very reliable) like what Iranian Football Federation did to our olympic team, go for Van Nistelrooy. On long-term, players like Rooney or Villa are way more efficient than the likes of Henry and Nistelrooy. Also you should look at your team's playstyle and decide which player you need. Inzaghi was the top scorer once, because he fitted Juve's counter attack playstyle, but in a pressed game he is a useless clown, and that is why I think Villa isn't the best option for Barca while Rooney can be.
            Club football and national team football are two different things. Fans of teams like Barcelona want to see at least one cup every season so clubs need to go for short-term solutions too.

Comment

I dont see Klose among those 10, so its wrong selection Pimpi.

Comment

Working...
              X