Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United announce double deal

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...ce+double+deal

Manchester United have agreed deals to sign Sporting Lisbon's Nani and Porto starlet Anderson.

The midfield duo are regarded as two of the best young talents in Europe and they have been chased by several of Europe's top clubs.

However, United have stolen a march on their rivals by luring the pair to Old Trafford.

United chief executive David Gill and assistant manager Carlos Queiroz flew to Lisbon on Wednesday to hold talks with Sporting regarding Portuguese international Nani and they have quickly agreed a move for the exciting winger.

Nani is highly-rated in Portugal and has been likened to current United star Cristiano Ronaldo.

Tottenham have been credited with an interest in Nani, but United have won the race for his signature.

Brazilian ace Anderson has been widely dubbed 'the new Ronaldinho'.

Anderson has enjoyed a successful season with Porto, helping them win the Portuguese championship.

The 19-year-old has attracted the interest of a host of clubs including Chelsea and Barcelona, but United have agreed an undisclosed fee with Porto for the exciting midfielder.

Both players have agreed personal terms with United and they are due to have a medicals at the club in the near future.

A United statement read: ""Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with FC Porto and Sporting Lisbon for the purchase of the registrations of Anderson and Nani.

"Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including medicals, have been completed."

Should the duo tie up the minor details of the moves they will become United's first signings of the summer.
    sigpic

OH GOD i read porto starlet and i almost sh1t myself...i thought it was quaresma

Comment

Anderson seems good; if all goes said and done, he'll become only the second Brazilian ever to play for us after the injury-prone unlucky flop that was Jose Kleberson was the first - ironically Kleberson and CR7 were revealed on the same day when they signed and we all know what happened with CR7

I just hope Anderson blends well in and showcases what United missed with Kleberson
      sigpic

Comment

this iz good news... (that is an understatement) but fvck yeah...

nani is quality player.. huge calibre.. this potentially could drive us to that second elusive treble... common!!

suprah btw do u have a pic of this anderson geeza

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
          OH GOD i read porto starlet and i almost sh1t myself...i thought it was quaresma
          Too expensive I believe

Chelsea will probably outbid everyone and nail Quaresma - its bound to happen despite zero news about this link

@ Heesh...http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/n...id=545065.html

Now all we need is Klaas Jan Huntelaar and our summer course is complete
          sigpic

Comment

waste of talent

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi
              waste of talent
              MEH!

p.s. Quaresma and Simao were wasted at FCB if you recall

double p.s. BYE BYE KIERAN RICHARDSON (well...soon enough...i hate him)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah
                Too expensive I believe

Chelsea will probably outbid everyone and nail Quaresma - its bound to happen despite zero news about this link

@ Heesh...http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/n...id=545065.html

Now all we need is Klaas Jan Huntelaar and our summer course is complete
                dang dat nigga nani is UGLY

but if villa and quaresma go to chelsea, joining joe cole and drogba, im afraid they will have surpassed ac milan as my favorite team I dont want that to happen...

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
                  dang dat nigga nani is UGLY
                  but if villa and quaresma go to chelsea, joining joe cole and drogba, im afraid they will have surpassed ac milan as my favorite team I dont want that to happen...
                  make sure that you have plenty of pillows to help you sleep or some cocaine mixed in your gheyloon to keep you awake seeing Chelsea's style of play

that goes for you Benitez-lovers as well
                  sigpic

Comment

what a waste of talent!!

I dont know about Nani , Portuguese seem to do well in EPL (Cristiano Ronaldo) but

Anderson should have moved to Spain or Italy!!

South Americans in EPL = a waste of talent and potential!!

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN
                      what a waste of talent!!
                      I dont know about Nani , Portuguese seem to do well in EPL (Cristiano Ronaldo) but
                      Anderson should have moved to Spain or Italy!!
                      South Americans in EPL = a waste of talent and potential!!
                      Well its mainly a psychological thing that South Americans supposedly fail in the Premiership i.e. the weather, as well as the Premiership being more pacy and physical

But otherwise, look at the likes of Gilberto Silva, Denilson, Gabriel Heinze, and historically the likes of Gus Poyet, Ricardo "Ricky" Villa, even Diego Forlan have been a large success here - although Forlan was unfortunate to be mainly a sub as RVN was the main man for United throughout but he did score some wonderful and important goals.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well its mainly a psychological thing that South Americans supposedly fail in the Premiership i.e. the weather, as well as the Premiership being more pacy and physical
                        But otherwise, look at the likes of Gilberto Silva, Denilson, Gabriel Heinze, and historically the likes of Gus Poyet, Ricardo "Ricky" Villa, even Diego Forlan have been a large success here - although Forlan was unfortunate to be mainly a sub as RVN was the main man for United throughout but he did score some wonderful and important goals.
                        the south american style of play is not suited at all to the english style of game and never will be!! Its like eating frout with tomato sauce!!

Most of the South American's you mentioned are mainly defensive players with the exception of a few.

Look at the Brazilian and Argentinian and south american national teams in general and see how many epl based players you find.. not many at all most are mainly from Spain and Italy, thats the way its always been and thats the way it always will be!

Unless one day the South American decide to play like the english which I doubt very much

Comment

MEH!

p.s. Quaresma and Simao were wasted at FCB if you recall

double p.s. BYE BYE KIERAN RICHARDSON (well...soon enough...i hate him)
                          kleberseon
                          djemba djemba
                          bellion
                          FORLAN

Comment

Hargreaves signing was confirmed today as well. Oh well at least Chelsea got Sidwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi
                              kleberseon
                              djemba djemba
                              bellion
                              FORLAN
                              Heinze

Comment

Working...
                              X