Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blood_Money
    Heinze

Heinze was a huge hit in his first season, well loved by the fans and was united's player of the season. It was just unfortunate that he had a serious injury and missed the entire second season and then returned injured from the WC when Fergie didnt want him to go - and the arrival of Evra made it difficult for him to retain his starting role.
    sigpic

Comment

From Sky:

Meanwhile, Anderson says he is able to play in several positions - but is happiest at left-back.

"I like being in the middle behind the striker, but I can play in different systems - it all depends on the coach's plans," he told the News of the World.

"But my favourite position is left-back in a 4-4-2 formation, the position of Roberto Carlos, and I've already played there for Brazil."

And he says he is 'working to become the best player in the world'.

"I was considered the best player in the world at Under 17 level and now I want to be the best at Under 20.

"Who knows what could happen afterwards? I could be the best when I arrive to the senior Brazil team."

no wonder we decided not pursue Gareth Bale, this kid's confidence and his own skills mean he can become a genuine all-rounder, and I am pretty confident he can become Paul Scholes' replacement given he can also defend as well as attack.

But then again, you gotta love Paul Scholes being the best all-action midfielder in England as well as the king of mistimed tackles
      sigpic

Comment

greaaattt success
        you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
        sigpic

Comment

I really cant see Anderson as a left-back. I think he will be played in the middle, possibly in front of hargreaves, when Scholes retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah

Heinze was a huge hit in his first season, well loved by the fans and was united's player of the season. It was just unfortunate that he had a serious injury and missed the entire second season and then returned injured from the WC when Fergie didnt want him to go - and the arrival of Evra made it difficult for him to retain his starting role.
            still..you have wasted more talent than us :P

and our own talents actually become something..Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi

while RECENTLY all your own talents have turned out to be average players..Fletcher, O'Shea, Richardson

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi
              while RECENTLY all your own talents have turned out to be average players..Fletcher, O'Shea, Richardson
              People tend to give Fletcher, Brown and O'Shea too much stick that is undeserved. These players though not the most spectacular have been vital all this season for the team, yes they had their farcical moments once or twice but they are all hard workers.

I wouldnt say Fletcher, Brown, and O'Shea are average - they are utility players and when push comes to shove have performed brilliantly given the circumstances many a times (hell Brown and O'Shea have their own song sung by fans during matches).

Richardson has flopped miserably even though he's only 22 but he has failed to live up to the task and hence has become an average player. He isnt bad, but he isnt as good as we want him to be. To think barely 2 years ago Kieran Richardson was on fire when he saved West Brom from relegation on loan and soon afterwards scored twice on his England debut against USA.

I would say English clubs not having reserve teams in lower leagues like Spain does has made these players not fully sharp many a times which seems like United have "waisted" talent. Injuries played a large part in not achieving their full potential here.

p.s. we all know how much you guys adore Valdes as well as Oleguer dont you ?
              sigpic

Comment

People tend to give Fletcher, Brown and O'Shea too much stick that is undeserved. These players though not the most spectacular have been vital all this season for the team, yes they had their farcical moments once or twice but they are all hard workers.
                I wouldnt say Fletcher, Brown, and O'Shea are average - they are utility players and when push comes to shove have performed brilliantly given the circumstances many a times (hell Brown and O'Shea have their own song sung by fans during matches).
                Richardson has flopped miserably even though he's only 22 but he has failed to live up to the task and hence has become an average player. He isnt bad, but he isnt as good as we want him to be. To think barely 2 years ago Kieran Richardson was on fire when he saved West Brom from relegation on loan and soon afterwards scored twice on his England debut against USA.
                I would say English clubs not having reserve teams in lower leagues like Spain does has made these players not fully sharp many a times which seems like United have "waisted" talent. Injuries played a large part in not achieving their full potential here.
                I never said Brown.. :P

but seriously you can't compare O'shea to Puyol, or Fletcher to Iniesta or Xavi..

and I would actually say that Fletcher is below average lol, I just dont like him

Comment

I never said Brown.. :P
                  but seriously you can't compare O'shea to Puyol, or Fletcher to Iniesta or Xavi..
                  and I would actually say that Fletcher is below average lol, I just dont like him
                  Puyol is a proper central defender.

O'Shea can play as a full-back, centre back, or defensive midfielder. Though he hardly succeeds in any of these roles but does the job when needed many a time - Utility my friend

Fletcher - never really understood his role. Can play a bit on the wing, can play as a central defender, hell he even played once or twice as a right back. So cant say much about him other than.....utility
                  sigpic

Comment

Puyol is a proper central defender.

O'Shea can play as a full-back, centre back, or defensive midfielder. Though he hardly succeeds in any of these roles but does the job when needed many a time - Utility my friend

Fletcher - never really understood his role. Can play a bit on the wing, can play as a central defender, hell he even played once or twice as a right back. So cant say much about him other than.....utility
                    Puyol can also play right back, it was his original position
                    and you call him only proper?? he is better than ferdinand :P lol

and Fletcher was supposed to be "the new beckham"

Comment

Puyol can also play right back, it was his original position
                      and you call him only proper?? he is better than ferdinand :P lol
                      Vidic pwnz all n00bz at defending

and Fletcher was supposed to be "the new beckham"
                      No that's Chris Eagles
                      sigpic

Comment

Vidic pwnz all n00bz at defending
                        No that's Chris Eagles
                        now it's Chris Eagles(now watch him fail too lol)..because Fletcher failed..but I remember everyone calling him the new Beckham 3-4 years ago

and Marquez + Puyol own Ferdinand + Vidic

Comment

AVERAGE!!

:bs:

super john O'shea converted 79% (highest in the permiership last year) of his goalscoring oppurtunities and that therefore makes him not only a versatile defender/midfileder but the quality centre forward only in ireland

exciting times ahead for united.... buzzin!

Comment

Working...
                          X