Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which country has the best goal keepers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by faraz
    Rensing is going to be the best keeper in the next 2, 3 years...in my opinion, he can already take over for Kahn and do even better than Kahn did
    definitley

massoud the USA, as much as i hate them, produces some very good goalies. Argentina has a couple too, abbondanzieri and franco for athletico is very good. And brazil? ill get to that later.

1 more thing, i LOVE italy, but how can so many think they have the best goalies? Yes they have the best goalie in the world, but who else? Look at the 4 best teams in italy

ac milan-brazilian goalie
    Roma-Brazilian goalie (yes he got pwned by man u, but he is good most of the time)
    Inter-Brazilian goalie
    Juve-Italian goalie

what does that tell you? It tells you brazilian goalies ARE quality, and Italy isnt that deep.

the EPL-

man u-dutch goalie
    chelsea-czech goalie
    Arsenal-German Goalie
    Liverpool-SPANISH goalie

La Liga-

real madrid- SPANISH goalie
    Valencia- SPANISH goalie
    barcelona- SPANISH goalie
    Sevilla-SPANISH goalie

and that is saying a lot because la liga is usually the league that imports the most players (and most people will tell u it is the strongest league)

in conclusion, spanish goalies are the best, and brazilians are to be reckoned with.

but i do agree with masoud about rensing, i LOOOVE the guy, i have been saying for 2/3 years he will be the best goalie in the world in due time.

Comment

Pimpi, its not about ok, which great club has a goalie and what nationality?

Its about which countries have real worldclass Keepers:

1-Germany: Lehmann,Hilde Brandt, Rost ( not sure)and Kahn (retiring though)
      2- Italy: Buffon ( He alone is enough for Italy to be my secodn choice)
      3- France: Coupet, Landreau

Gotta bear in midnd we are talking about World Class goalies, who can be consistent! Reina? Remember dudek? and yea Reina has been only good in CL just like Liverpool itself which is only good in CL.
      The only Spanish goalkeeper who is worldclass and consistent is Casillas.

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A
        Pimpi, its not about ok, which great club has a goalie and what nationality?

Its about which countries have real worldclass Keepers:

1-Germany: Lehmann,Hilde Brandt, Rost ( not sure)and Kahn (retiring though)
        2- Italy: Buffon ( He alone is enough for Italy to be my secodn choice)
        3- France: Coupet, Landreau

Gotta bear in midnd we are talking about World Class goalies, who can be consistent! Reina? Remember dudek? and yea Reina has been only good in CL just like Liverpool itself which is only good in CL.
        The only Spanish goalkeeper who is worldclass and consistent is Casillas.
        so you are actually telling me that hildebrandt and rost are better than canizares, valdez, and reina?

Comment

anyone is better than valdez

btw, frank rost is one of the top 3 GKs of germany. and hilderbrant might be germanys #1 GK very soon after lehman retires as well.
          rensing will be another oliver kahn in a few years.
          Originally posted by siavasharian
          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Apparently Hildebrand set a record a few seasons back for time between goals conceded by him and that lead Stuttgart to win the Bundesliga - I think it was 2002/03 if I recall.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia

btw, frank rost is one of the top 3 GKs of germany. and hilderbrant might be germanys #1 GK very soon after lehman retires as well.
              you would take roudbarian over valdez?

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
                you would take roudbarian over valdez? confused:
                hehehehe....u got me there.
                ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

masoud, USA has some good goalies...even in MLS they have some crazy ass goal keepers.

Argentina maybe not so much but still they're worthy enough to be recognized cuz they're one of the best teams.

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
                    so you are actually telling me that hildebrandt and rost are better than canizares, valdez, and reina?
                    Originally posted by Suprah
                    Apparently Hildebrand set a record a few seasons back for time between goals conceded by him and that lead Stuttgart to win the Bundesliga - I think it was 2002/03 if I recall.
                    He beat Kahn's 10 consecutive match not conceding a goal that year after he managed not to concede a single goal for 11 matches in a row.

HildeBrandt in my book is better than Lehmann now, so he is obviously better than Cai,Valdez and Reina.
                    I dont blame you Pimpi, cause you obviously only follow CL, most of your choices are coming from evaluating keepers in CL matches.

Comment

Yashar jan..
                      Valdes has been stupid this year..but has also been somewhat affective..
                      He is just 25 but he is talented..maybe a bit inexperienced here and there but for example the away game against Liverpool.. he was the reason we walked outta Liv. with our heads held high..he has had some bad games.. but his actually a GOOD goalie..
                      nothing compared to Reina and Casillas but he also stated that his trying to be in Aregones's plans..
                      Lets not forget ..Barca have conceeded the least this season second to Madrid i believe. if i am not mistaken!

Comment

Barca should invest in a new keeper!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood_Money
                          Yashar jan..
                          Valdes has been stupid this year..but has also been somewhat affective..
                          He is just 25 but he is talented..maybe a bit inexperienced here and there but for example the away game against Liverpool.. he was the reason we walked outta Liv. with our heads held high..he has had some bad games.. but his actually a GOOD goalie..
                          nothing compared to Reina and Casillas but he also stated that his trying to be in Aregones's plans..
                          Lets not forget ..Barca have conceeded the least this season second to Madrid i believe. if i am not mistaken!
                          milad jan, i personally think valdez is barca's weakest link.
                          ur defense is good, thats why u havent conceded too many goals.

but anywayz, he isnt that bad either like u said. i just think a team like barca should have better than valdez.
                          ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

i just think a team like barca should have better than valdez.
                            They should sign Taleblou then

Comment

The only thing i will say is..... IKER CASILLAS !
                              maa bachehaaye iroonim
                              hamishe irooni mimoonim
                              baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                              baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A
                                I donno why even we have options like brazil, Ppl voting for Countries other than Germany and Italy are prolly joking this poll.
                                Check these goalies:
                                1-Oliver Kahn
                                2- Buffon
                                3-Lehmann
                                4-Perozzi
                                5-Hilde Brandt
                                6- Toldo
                                7-Rensing
                                Yea spain has Casillas, very good goalie, but well, he is the only one out there.
                                masoud jan... without any doubt the overall quality of brazilian keepers is the best atm.

Gomes (relatively uknown) but is going to be a superstar (if he isnt already at psv) in the world.

Then we have Dida at AcMilan
                                Julio Cesar at Intermilan
                                Doni at AsRoma
                                Helton at Porto

Need i say more?

Comment

Working...
                                X