Gold Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sherwin
    USA is good man they beat China 4-1 in a friendly and a few months back they smoked Mexico 2-0. Theyh are just the team that people love to hate so they are always kind of taken lightly.
    im not saying it in a shocking way, im saying it in a pissed off mood lol
    SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam van Dam
      damn usa beat tnt 2-0

That was T&T B-team...they're main squad is on a strike against their federation.

Some of the T&T players actually play in USA or played in some college in USA.

Comment

Canada lost to Guadeloup(spelling?)

LOL
        The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
        For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
        http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
        http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
        http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
        http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

right now im wathching mexico and honduras, its a very good match and both teams are playing well. mexico is winning 1-0 on a pk by catuomochhvshfhwgv blanco, honduras had a pk as well but the dude hit the post
          update: blanco just recieved a red card in the 49'
          update: el capitan PAVON scores the game winner on a beautiful header in 91'
          honduras 2-1 mexico FT

was it me or did honduras seem to kick mexico's ass in the 2nd half to win it?? did u see that first goal?? damn that was juuuust right, i was very impressed by honduras

Comment

Originally posted by ShahHouman
            was it me or did honduras seem to kick mexico's ass in the 2nd half to win it?? did u see that first goal?? damn that was juuuust right, i was very impressed by honduras
            that first goal was nice, first he beat the goalie then he was at such a tough angle but still scored . i guess all the ppl on rebulica deportiva were all saying mexico 3-1 2-0 and stuff like that.
            SHOW TIME!

Comment

Canada lost to GUADELOPE??? do they even have a team??? they are like a french island colony.

and Mexico lost to Honduras?

gotta love soccer, nothing is predictable.

Comment

that first goal was nice, first he beat the goalie then he was at such a tough angle but still scored . i guess all the ppl on rebulica deportiva were all saying mexico 3-1 2-0 and stuff like that.

all started w a beautiful through pass as well....i was really impressed by their play, altho i missed the first half so i cant comment on their play then but from wut i saw in the second half, damn..

Comment

canada beat haiti 2-0 my homie dwayne de rosario scored twice and he cut his hair, im hella pissed at him he had corn rows for the longest time ever lol
                  SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by IPityDaFool
                    Canada lost to GUADELOPE??? do they even have a team??? they are like a french island colony.

and Mexico lost to Honduras?

gotta love soccer, nothing is predictable.
                    Ya bro we had some shockers there also Mexico only beat Cuba 2-1 as well. Look like the concaf teams are starting to improve and it's no longer just USA and Mexico dominating.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red
                      US team is a good team despite what many of us might want to believe and with good investment and great management, US will only get better...the youth system in US is very beneficial to the NT.

the youth system here is for the rich only, soccer here is a $ sport that should be listed under tennis and golf, the US thinks they can "buy" their way and muscle their way to the WC final, with the exception of WC 2002 (which was a wacky one altogether) this isnt the case and likely will not happen, passion is a requirement to get far in this game, and that's something u cant buy but must naturally develop

Comment

canada killed haita 2-0 and we also beat costa rice we are first in da group BALLLLLIN

PS we didnt even play ghormeh sabzi or whatever the hell there name is yet lol
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by ShahHouman
                          the youth system here is for the rich only, soccer here is a $ sport that should be listed under tennis and golf, the US thinks they can "buy" their way and muscle their way to the WC final, with the exception of WC 2002 (which was a wacky one altogether) this isnt the case and likely will not happen, passion is a requirement to get far in this game, and that's something u cant buy but must naturally develop
                          Is the USA ready to reach a world cup final or a world cup semi final hell no. Now did US improve a lot since the 80's? Of course they improved a great deal and that is because of the youth soccer.
                          Now I agree with you soccer is a money sport and if you want to play club soccer, that is going to cost mom and dad a lot of money. Generally speaking the rich kids play club soccer, but you can also play in like AYSO as well. It's not as good as club soccer but at last you will get a chance, and if you are good enough perhaps even a college scholarship.
                          This one dude who made it to the US national team as a starter, I forget his name, had an interview and said, "I never had enough money to play club soccer but I was still better than the kids who did." He added, "I worked hard, got a college scholarship, and got a spot on the US national team, so it can be done if you work hard enough." I think it was Demarcus Beasley if I"m not mistaken but I could be wrong.

Comment

i agree,the US has definitely improved since the 80s, absolutely, but for a regular jo shmo growing up in the US w/ little money the opportunities to play and enjoy soccer are very little...MLS games are ridiculously expensive ($20 or so for the cheapest ticket)....very little tv coverage (i will give em props for thursday night MLS coverage, that's cool at least)....the highschool i went to was a city school w/ very little funding, our football team had their own practice field (expected), and our soccer team practiced on the softball field where we had to be careful where we slid because of rocks, dirt, where homeplate was, etc. lol, luckily our team had a lotta people w/ passion for the game and didnt care....

here's a recent example that i've experienced, there's a field near my apartment here in FL an it had like 3 fields w/ goals that we'd play pickup games and we had like 30-40people show up everyday to play, we all jumped the fence to get in cuz it's primarily for little leagues n shit like that, now that those leagues are over they took down the goals and put up signs in the middle of the fields stating the fields r closed and any trespassing is grounds for arrest...wtf???? how is an average jo shmo supposed to enjoy soccer here???? it's little shit like this that i think is killing the futre of soccer in the US

Comment

honduras thrashes cuba 5-0

looks that that win vs. mexico gave em confidence
                              SHOW TIME!

Comment

so Honduras finished 1st, mexico 2nd, what is up with the quarters? who is playing who?
                                sigpic
                                Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Working...
                                X