Some proposals for the game of football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some proposals for the game of football

OK here I have some proposals for the improvement of the game of football.

- Reduce the number of players on the field from 11 to 10 on each team.

- Introduce video refereeing. Stop the game for ten seconds when not sure and make a decision . nice, quick, easy, efficient.

- zero tolerance on diving and play acting, this is what ruins our game! You dive straight red.

- be more lenient on the offside rule, players are allowed to be 1m ahead of last defender from pass or cross.

- zero tolerance on grassrolling, players seen grass rolling or wasting time the captain should be cautioned and asked to get his players to get their act together, if they repeat offense red card.

Give some feedback and let me know what you think..

why dont you start by giving reasons why... like why is 10 men better than 11? honestly i disagree with all. even diving is a good thing to some extent. its funny.

Comment

I have considered all of your proposals and rejected them all.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
        OK here I have some proposals for the improvement of the game of football.
        - Reduce the number of players on the field from 11 to 10 on each team.
        I don't see why we should do this. Players have enough space as it is, and reducing to 10 men will cause players to tire out too fast.

- Introduce video refereeing. Stop the game for ten seconds when not sure and make a decision . nice, quick, easy, efficient.
        I definitely like this one.

- zero tolerance on diving and play acting, this is what ruins our game! You dive straight red.
        I agree - as long as the ref is CERTAIN it is a dive (this should be co-ordinated with the video replay thing)

- be more lenient on the offside rule, players are allowed to be 1m ahead of last defender from pass or cross.
        I don't like this one. It is too hard to judge 1 m by the naked eye if you're a linesman, plus teams are still scoring readily with the offside rules already in place.

- zero tolerance on grassrolling, players seen grass rolling or wasting time the captain should be cautioned and asked to get his players to get their act together, if they repeat offense red card.
        I somewhat like this one. I think a better suggestion is that any player who remains on the ground should be ordered off the pitch for a length of 10 minutes. Therefore, players like C. Ronaldo will think twice about rolling around/diving/going off the pitch for 2 seconds and coming back, b/c they could seriously hinder their team for those 10 minutes.
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
          I don't see why we should do this. Players have enough space as it is, and reducing to 10 men will cause players to tire out too fast.

I definitely like this one.

I agree - as long as the ref is CERTAIN it is a dive (this should be co-ordinated with the video replay thing)

I don't like this one. It is too hard to judge 1 m by the naked eye if you're a linesman, plus teams are still scoring readily with the offside rules already in place.

I somewhat like this one. I think a better suggestion is that any player who remains on the ground should be ordered off the pitch for a length of 10 minutes. Therefore, players like C. Ronaldo will think twice about rolling around/diving/going off the pitch for 2 seconds and coming back, b/c they could seriously hinder their team for those 10 minutes.
          i agree with all your comments except the last one...i am hesitant to do so because it almost sounds like im siding with ronaldo but let me make clear that this is not the case. What if the player is actually hurt? There have been a few times where i have been playing and there was some incidental contact and i had to be taken off for a while because i seriously couldnt go on...and after like 2 mins i was alright. When you are watching you see someone like drogba get hurt and he is on the ground in pain, then 1 minute later he is back on the field. The crowds usually boo when this happens but it is possible that he was injured. If this was the case, it would be wrong to keep him out for 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
          X