X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arghavane on to the third round at Wimbledon

Defeated 29 ranked Schiavone in 3 sets: 6-4, 2-6, 6-4

Next round against 6th rankded Ana Ivancovic. That will be
    tough but if she can pull that one ......

Go Arghavane!

mashallah!!!!!!!!! REZAI!!!!

Comment

Who is ARGHavane Rezai?

I believe she prefers to be called Aravane.

Great fictional name,btw. Might use it myself --sounds like a cool name for an Iranian character in the next Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Ivanovic is a tough one, I saw her game against Henin in Roland Garross, But I think Arghavan can pull it off.

Comment

mashallah, Go Arghavan!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vestvood Vizard View Post
            Who is ARGHavane Rezai?

I believe she prefers to be called Aravane.
            Actually since she lives in France and "R" is pronounced "GH" in French, Aravane = Arghavane (or Aghavane to be more precise)

Comment

Let start a forum : www.persiantennis.com all the threads would be about her

but on a serious note

I hope she makes it, but I seriously doubt it!

Comment

Originally posted by danyjr View Post
                Actually since she lives in France and "R" is pronounced "GH" in French, Aravane = Arghavane (or Aghavane to be more precise)
                Of course.

But until we see Ali Karghimi written about in the media...

Comment

Originally posted by Agha_Kasra View Post
                  Let start a forum : www.persiantennis.com all the threads would be about her
                  but on a serious note
                  I hope she makes it, but I seriously doubt it!
                  There really needs to be an 'Other Sports' or 'Int'l Sports' section in these great PFDC Forums.

There is no reason to post Wimbledon results in the socio-political 'General' section or the pop-culture ' Entertainment' Forum. It's just way too intimdating.

Comment

There really needs to be an 'Other Sports' or 'Int'l Sports' section in these great PFDC Forums.

There is no reason to post Wimbledon results in the socio-political 'General' section or the pop-culture ' Entertainment' Forum. It's just way too intimdating.
                    LoL! time to get a pair of glasess man.

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
                      LoL! time to get a pair of glasess man.
                      Huh?

By 'Other Sports' I'm referring to NON-FUTBOL, NON-POLITICAL stuff. Don't see anything of the sort above -- the 'general' forum is virtual all political discussions, and the 'International Football' forum.

Please explain oh wise one....

Comment

Huh?
                        By 'Other Sports' I'm referring to NON-FUTBOL, NON-POLITICAL stuff. Don't see anything of the sort above -- the 'general' forum is virtual all political discussions, and the 'International Football' forum.
                        Please explain oh wise one....
                        You are either dumb, or playing the dumb role! just scroll up and you will see the title of this forum is : General sports and International Football Forum

Comment

She beat 13th seed Golovin today to advance to the third round of the Australian Open. Good luck to her.
                          2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

Originally posted by TM-Fan View Post
                            She beat 13th seed Golovin today to advance to the third round of the Australian Open. Good luck to her.
                            In the ASB classic (a tune up tournament to Australian) Arghavane beat 4 players including
                            the 27th ranked Srebotnik. She lost to Lindsay Davenport in the final, but with a lot of unforced errors.

I certainly hope she has worked on her form, over the winter break. This is certainly the
                            year she can break into top 30's, and this is a great start.

Arghavane will next face Hsieh and if she takes that one, she has to face the best player
                            Henin (who is basically as beatable as Federer on the mens side), in the fourth round. But
                            I hope she can take that next match and have a face to face with Henin. That will give her
                            a great deal of confidence even if she loses, for the French .....

Best of Luck to Arghavane

Comment

Unfortunately Arghavane lost her doubles match. But the fact that she is participating in
                              both singles and doubles is a good indication she is going to be much more aggressive and
                              prepared this year.

Hsieh is not ranked, so lets hope she will meet Henin in the forth. If she does, it will
                              effectively put her in the top 32 for 20008, and improve her overal to high 40's I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X