Michael Schumacher chauffeurs Zidane for charity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Schumacher chauffeurs Zidane for charity

Two retired sport icons - seven-times Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher and soccer legend Zinedine Zidane - in one car. That alone would make headlines.

Add in the fact that the vehicle - a Ferrari FXX - was Schumacher’s personal car (one of only 30 built), that it was Zidane’s track baptism and that the route was a fast lap of Magny-Cours - and you are guaranteed a media frenzy.

That is exactly what happened at the French Grand Prix meeting on Saturday and there was a good cause behind the special track display: both Schumacher and Zidane were there to support the Institute for Cerebral and Medullar Disorders (ICM).

“The hotly-contested 2007 F1 world championship is very interesting for lovers of motorsport like myself,” said Zidane. “But I am here above all to support the ICM, the association whose aim is provide the necessary means to combat certain serious neurological diseases”

Getting out of the car, the Frenchman added: “Gee, that was quite an experience - and incredible, how late Michael was braking before beating the car around the curves! I would not want to try that on a normal road!”

And Schumacher, quite monosyllabic of late when confronted with the media, added: “Sport has given the both of us an immense amount - and this was a great occasion to give something back by raising the awareness for the research of the Institute for Cerebral and Medullar Disorders. And it was a personal pleasure!”

GREAT GESTURE...well done to these 2 legends
    you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X