Iran Wrestling Team @ World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran Wrestling Team @ World Championships

Don't know if this has been posted before, but here is a video of Iran Wrestling @ the world championships. I wrestled through high school and I'm a volunteer alumni coach. Great sport that doesn't get its due coverage.

definately a great sport, but just like most olympic sports...since no money is in it, no one cares.

Comment

when is the next championship??

I wish we could see more videos or highlights of their matches.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
        when is the next championship??
        I wish we could see more videos or highlights of their matches.
        Dadash i was searching Youtube last night and they have a few of the Matches online, including the Iran championship match i belive..... ill see if i can find some info on it for us.

Ekkie jan after this video end , look at the video links youtube throws up, they have a couple of irans matchs available.

Comment

^^^^ yea thats true

but i wish we could see them with the same convenience as the football highlights when they actually happen

Comment

it is our number one sport actually as far as trophies and success. I think Heydari will do well with the team, he is young but is a disciplined guy who knows the sport well as he wrestled at the highest level for some years.
            sigpic
            Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red View Post
              it is our number one sport actually as far as trophies and success. I think Heydari will do well with the team, he is young but is a disciplined guy who knows the sport well as he wrestled at the highest level for some years.
              Absolutely corrects dadash, Iran has produced world class wrestlers consistently forever. its like hard coded into Iranian genes, we are inherently good at it. I picked up the love for it from my uncle in Iran who used to wrestle and train with Abbas Jadidi. I wish i could find my old Iran Singlets i had it in Blue & Red with Iran in green,white & red on the chest, id post some pic's. if i find em ill post some pics.

Comment

I was in Madison Square Garden in NYC when they came to the US for the World Cup tournament in '03. I met Dabir/Heydari/Hajizadeh/Aslani and the rest of the team. Before the tournament started Iran's entire wrestling TM went to ground 0 and laid wreaths in memory of the 9/11 victims ..... but of course the biased media here didn't broadcast that display of class on the part of our Pahlevans.
                Zendebahd Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Abedzadeh View Post
                  I was in Madison Square Garden in NYC when they came to the US for the World Cup tournament in '03. I met Dabir/Heydari/Hajizadeh/Aslani and the rest of the team. Before the tournament started Iran's entire wrestling TM went to ground 0 and laid wreaths in memory of the 9/11 victims ..... but of course the biased media here didn't broadcast that display of class on the part of our Pahlevans.
                  of course not the media doesn't want to make their "terrorist" money maker label to seem nice & caring, i also recall how they were treated like criminals and were harassed @ the airport. the US mens Olympic wrestling team even objected to their treatment. I believe one of them said that they weren't treated this way in Iran so why should the Iranians be treated this way in US. Dabir's a gangster, hes has a warm personality and was a phenom in his day.

Comment

Working...
                  X