Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asian-Cup Group A! *Discussion*(Australia,Iraq,Oman,Thailand)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asian-Cup Group A! *Discussion*(Australia,Iraq,Oman,Thailand)

@ Mods: If you like you can now replace *Discussion in the title with the locations (Thailand,Vietnam,Malaysia,Indonesia)

Introduction:
    Asian Cup will start tomorrow (Saturday). We do not want a Tsunami here in our Forum, so we will have a Thread for every Asian Cup Group. Everything you want to discussion, do it in the thread, where you should do, and where the information and discussion belongs to.
    I think a lot of you are PRO this.
    Discuss here everything about Group A (Thailand).

Group A
    Australia
    Iraq
    Oman
    Thailand

INFORMATION

Thailand - Iraq

KICK-OFF TIME
    19:35 Bangkok (Thailand Time)
    14:35 CET TIME (Germany and other)
    13:35 GMT Time (England/London...)
    15:55 TEHRAN TIME

Notice

If you want to be on the safe side, and if you like to watch also ceremony before the match, you should switch for channels 1 hour before the KICK-OFF time!

Australia - Oman

KICK-OFF TIME
    17:20 Bangkok (Thailand Time)
    12:35 CET TIME (Germany/MEZ)
    11:35 GMT Time (England/London...)
    13:55 TEHRAN TIME
    Mods are allowed to correct this thread, to put new information into this thread, edit it, and most important to add the time (Tehran, CET, GMT and other as usual) to this thread. Thank you for helping.
    Last edited by saeed_noro; 07-06-2007, 09:26 AM.
    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
    -

Many people are saying Thailand will be the surprise of the tournament. We'll see how they do against Iraq.

I'm assuming they'll be hosting a special opening ceremony about an hour before the match, so if you're planning to get up for the game, set your alarm an hour back
    sigpic

Comment

World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
      sigpic

-

Comment

i hope Iraq does well...there are enough problems in the country that the national team at least can make the people somewhat happy.

i somehow think Oman will finish second tho.
        sigpic
        Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

sigpic

-

Comment

i pick

aussie and iraq

iraq will play hard against oman
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Australia
              Oman
              Iraq
              Thailand
              Australia as expected will top the group with 9 points
              Oman are strong enough to get past thailand and iraq
              iraq will struggle against oman and australia and that will cost them the
              thailand are host but just can't get past through this group

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

This is a tough group. Assuming Australia tops the group, any of the other 3 teams have a realistic change at getting 2nd placed.

Comment

I am quite sure that Australia will be the group-leader and Iraq will raise as the second team in this group...

Oman has also a chance to be the second team, but I think Iraq is the better team...

Thailand has no chance, I think... lol...

Comment

Australia will qualify to the next round.

Again it is tough to say who will finish 2nd in the group, all teams have a good chance but I will tip Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                      @Karshenas: Do you know, which time will be the kick-off Time from the opening match? CET or Tehran Time? If you, or other know it, please post here, so we can plan our day, and when to stand up, to see probably the ceremony (openin festival).
                      Thanks, i go to bed now
                      Saeed
                      Agha Saeed, the game will kick off at 2:35 PM CET tomorrow but I expect AT LEAST a half hour opening ceremony but it could be longer. I you want to be on the safe side plan on being ready in front of your TV/computer at 1:35 PM CET time or 3 PM Tehran time
                      sigpic

Comment

Many of you are predicting an easy passage for Australia to the next round with 3 wins.

I am of the opinion that the Aussies are here for a surprise. First of all, the Aussie team is not the same as we saw in the last world cup. They haven't played together for over a year now and some of their players are close to the retirement age or coming off long term injuries. Besides the Asian Cup has a different tempo than the world cup and Aussies have no experience with that.

I predict Oman and Thailand to do well against Australia. Australia may make it to the next round but not without a good fight.

K.

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7jzGCeyb0lg
                          here is the highlights of australia and singapore.
                          watch it and then read my comments. So it doesn't ruin the highlights
                          ENJOY

australia were very lucky I think. singapore could have beaten them in this game if they had better luck. singapore hit the post and crossbar twice. australias second goal should have been saved. and singapore player pulled a khatibi and missed the one on one.
                          enjoy

Comment

i watched the highlights....i find australia to be a very dangerous team...they will qualify 4 next round thats what i think...
                            Singapore was good aswell, but didn't quite match the aussies

Comment

I just watched the highlights, singapore seems to be a good team, they hit the post 2 or 3 times and had a very good 1 on 1 oppurtunaty! they could have tied the game with a bit of luck!
                              viduka is to be watched, he's tall and fast and can be very dangerous on crosses, which are thw weak point of our GK's

Comment

Working...
                              X