Kahn eyes Asian coaching role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definately not good for tm if he actually does coach east asian nations. We could be facing some good goaltenders in the future.
    ---------------

(AFP) Friday 13 July 2007

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ne...+coaching+role

Bayern Munich goalkeeper Oliver Kahn revealed Friday that he has plans to work in Asia once he retires from football next June.

"I'm nearly 39 years, I'm going to stop wearing shorts and then I've things planned in Asia. They have needs there in terms of coaching and goalkeeper training," said Kahn.

"I've a lot of friends in countries such as China, Japan and South Korea and the mindset of people over there really suits me.

"I'm already excited about going over there for projects which could last several years," he said without giving details.

Kahn retired from the German national team after 86 caps and he was voted player of the tournament at the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Japan and South Korea.

But he insisted that he has no intention of playing for any other club apart from Bayern where he has been since 1994.

And he remains optimistic about his final season after the club splashed out 70 million euros to recruit Miroslav Klose, Franck Ribery and Luca Toni.

"It's clear for me that this is the last season," he said.

"We really enjoy ourselves at Bayern when we're number one and winning titles. In principle I'm here until 2007-08, I'm going to really enjoy myself and be in good humour," added Kahn, who was very critical of his team-mates last season, Bayern's worst since 1994-95.

"This team can win everything," he added.

Bayern did not qualify for the UEFA Champions League next season after finishing fourth in the Bunesliga, but are targetting the league, Cup and UEFA Cup triple in 2008.
    The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Baba pasho bia inja yekam Darvazeban bara ma besaz

Comment

He should keep in mind the warm welcome he received in Iran before he makes any rash decisions
      گویند بهشت و حور وعین خواهد بود
      آنجا می و شیر و انگبین خواهد بود
      گر ما می و معشوق گزیدیم چه باک
      چون عاقبت کار چنین خواهد بود

Comment

Working...
      X