No announcement yet.

24th FIBA-Asia Championship\Beijing Olympics Basketball Tournament Qualifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24th FIBA-Asia Championship\Beijing Olympics Basketball Tournament Qualifier

this is the asian qualifiers for the Beijing olympics we are grouped with China,Phillipines and Jordan.
    this is our schedule:

July 28th, Iran vs. Phillipines

July 29th, Iran vs. Jordan

July 30th, Iran vs. China

hopefully we can do well, so we can see our team in the Beijeing olympics, it was my dream to see the iranian basketball team in the olympics.

if u have info on this tourny plz post

Iran isnt really too developed in basketball unfortunatley
    The matches will probably be shown on IRIB
    sigpic

Comment

after saba battery winning asian basketball champions league, you can see an improvement in the field. theres an improvement every year. hopefully one day we become a powerhouse, but like all sports in iran, there needs to be proper funds, proper camps/academys and also the right facilities and resources to make this happen and truly iran tends to lack having any or most of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooyedarbazeh View Post
        We do better in Basketball than in football.

Iran came in 3rd place in the asian games, wich is like footballs asian cup.

And saba battery won the AC champions league.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooyedarbazeh View Post
          actually we are doing pretty well in basketball these days, i donno where u heard that from

Comment

Can anybody confirm whether the first game is going to be on IRIB 2?
            The first game is this saturday at 2AM Pacific.

Comment

We probably have the best club in Asia in the name of Saba Battery and our national team does well in most age levels qualifying for international tournaments etc we have a league consisting of great quality and coaches.players etc...

Sometimes makes me wonder why the sucess we have in Volleyball or Basketball 2 mention 2 cant be done with soccer...

I seriously dnt understand...
              I just dont...

I look at Basketball and Volleyball and our clubs are allwayz mentioned as powerhouses or our league is praised or national team does well in SEVERAL levels..

But in soccer all we hear is, Failure

Comment

any word on whether IRIB 2 will show the games or not??

Comment

anybody know the channels that will show it?

Comment

oh and anybody know info on iran taekwondo qualifiers for olympics? (i am black belt)

Comment

Is Yao playing for China? lol I would kill to see Iran basketball at the Olympics. Maybe a little Iran vs USA basketball game? who knows.

Comment

Official Site
                        http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/07/.../men/index.asp

I think if we finish in a good position, like top 3 or 4... we qualify for next year's Olympics in Beijing.

Comment

not 100% about this but I think we have to win the tourney to qualify for the olympics and if we get second we might still have a chance. If China wins then whoever gets second gets to qualify since China is already in (host).

Comment

any iranians playing in europe?...id like to see iran in the olympics aswell..good luck in qualifying
                            Go Cows!

Comment

Jordan beat China in the 1st game of the group

Comment

Working...
                              X