African Cup of Nations kicks off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

African Cup of Nations kicks off

Enjoyed the opening ceremony, and the opening match (Egypt 3-0 Libya) even more
    Not a good build-up to the tournament the team looked sharp and cohesive today. Should have put up more goals, but we seemed to take our feet off the pedal a bit after the second goal in the 22nd minute.

Tomorrow's matches will be fire. I'm especially looking forward to Ivory Coast vs. Morocco, followed by Cameroon taking on Angola (which I understand you guys have a vested interest in).

Eurosport match report:
    http://www.eurosport.com/football/eg...to816595.shtml

Eurosport match highlights video:
    http://www.eurosport.com/football/mc_vid23058.shtml

Well done to Eqypt,,

3-0 is a good result as a start,Keep it up

Comment

Is the African cup this year in Egypt? I hope they will win the tournament!
      Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
      http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

Yes it's in Egypt and I also hope they win it.

If they win it, it's gonna be their 5th time winning (a record), if I'm not mistaking.
        Pharao am I right?

Looking forward to tomorrows games. Should be interesting.
        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Eqypt winning the African Nations and Iran winning the Asian cup and the 2 teams will have a biig possiblity playing agasint Eachother in the Confederations cup

Comment

cant wait to see Angola vs. Cameroon, whom I think is one of the top 3 teams in Africa too bad they didnt make it because of a missed penalty!!! anyways all teams are sending there A teams right? I would think so but can someone please confirm if players like Martins(Nigeria), Eto'o(Cameroon), Akwa(Angola), Hadji(Morocco), and Drogba(Cote d'Ivoire) will be participating??? thanks.

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Yeah we're hosting it this time. So far so good. The opening ceremony was pretty cool. persian thug, that's right.. if we win it (which I doubt), it would be a record 5th Nations Cup title for Egypt.

Amir H F... all the players you mentioned above are at the tournament. Every country has it's A team on the field... it's the Nations Cup after all!

I'll post some pics from the competition later in this thread.

Comment

Pictures from the African Cup of Nations in Egypt

Comment

Comment

Arsenal defender Kolo Toure, right, and Arouna Kone of PSV Eindhoven, both playing for the Ivory Coast team challenge for the ball during a training
                    Kolo Toure and Aruna Kone training with the Ivory Coast in Cairo on Thursday, January 19, 2006 ahead of the opening of the 2006 CAF African Cup of Nations in Egypt on Friday. (AP Photo/Ben Curtis)
                    Copyright: AP

Comment

can you post some pics of the stadiums and maybe also the opening-ceremony?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ird28
                        can you post some pics of the stadiums and maybe also the opening-ceremony?
                        thanks
                        sure. Gotta look for some stadium pics. For now, the opening ceremony, quite spectacular - I was pleased:

our ugly president

Parachutists flew into the stadium, one by one, carrying the flag of each participating nation.

scary

Comment

some more:

Comment

Libyan fans.. poor guys

Comment

wow

thank you

looks very great and classy

Comment

Working...
                              X