Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iraq player not going back to celebrate???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iraq player not going back to celebrate???

Whats going on....and I love his dig at America, like it or not if Saddam was in power you wouldnt be lifting that trophy

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- Iraq won the Asian Cup for the first time Sunday, a beacon of hope for a nation divided by war.

Iraq beats Saudi Arabia 1-0 for Asian title, captain calls for U.S. to withdraw troops

By CHRIS LINES, Associated Press Writer
    July 29, 2007

Iraq's 1-0 victory over Saudi Arabia on a 71st-minute header by captain Younis Mahmoud was an inspirational triumph for a team whose players straddle bitter and violent ethnic divides. After the game, Mahmoud called for the United States to withdraw its troops from his nation.

"I want America to go out," he said. "Today, tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, but out. I wish the American people didn't invade Iraq and, hopefully, it will be over soon."

Mahmoud also said he will not return to Iraq to celebrate.

"I don't want the Iraqi people to be angry with me," he said. "If I go back with the team, anybody could kill me or try to hurt me."

Continued...

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

theres always someone or something that always has to tarnish what is otherwise a fantastic acheivement.

Comment

oh my god. another thread about iraq.

what the hell? is this iraqifootball.com? please take it to the international forum.

nothing against you ipitydafool jan

there are just sooooo many..!

Comment

Originally posted by Obteene View Post
        theres always someone or something that always has to tarnish what is otherwise a fantastic acheivement.
        a fantastic achievement, im not tarnishing it....just wondering why the man who scored the game winning goal isnt going back to iraq??? i think thats a fair question

Originally posted by ardi11 View Post
        oh my god. another thread about iraq.
        what the hell? is this iraqifootball.com? please take it to the international forum.
        nothing against you ipitydafool jan
        there are just sooooo many..!
        yeah, there are a lot...so what?

whats going on in the world of iranian soccer right now? i really dont care who mes kerman or rah ahan signed and i dont care what third rate stadium is being built in qom....the iraq thing is a big deal and it will be over in a few days...im sure you will be fine

and no offense taken, dont worry

Comment

Originally posted by IPityDaFool View Post
          a fantastic achievement, im not tarnishing it....just wondering why the man who scored the game winning goal isnt going back to iraq??? i think thats a fair question...
          hahaha no IPity, i was meaning that towards the Iraqi player, not you. i was talking about the person who said the things and isisnt going back to Iraq.

Comment

the iraqi player has a point. i mean with all this crap going in his country, he is right he could be killed for what he did. and what did he do score goal and made his country a winner, but there are ignorants out there running around and they will probably kill him for some stupid cause.

just sad!

Comment

Working...
            X