X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how noble of them..........

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh View Post
      Zero accountability. This is what happens when a society and its players become spoiled beyond belief.
      That may be true, but they have some of the best soccer training facilities in the world. It wasn't a game Saudi Arabia was supposed to lose, especially to a war-torn country like Iraq. I wasn't able to see the match, but this is what I gather. I'm sure Iraq deserved to win and I'm happy for them, but something seems fishy about the whole thing. I know upsets and miracles do happen in sports, but when looking at Iraq's infrastructure one becomes amazed. From what I see on tv, it looks like a miserable, hellish country that's burning in flames. How they manage to win the Asian continent's biggest soccer tournament against a rich and polished powerhouse like Saudi Arabia baffles me.
      The dots weren't meant to connect, but I guess the hungry, proud Iraqis did it. It was too big of a title for the Saudis to merely give away. They are real heroes
      for winning the cup despite what's going on in their homeland. I wish the Iranian team could muster up some heart like them...
      "More jazz than Hornacek"

Comment

Working...
      X