Best Left Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PersianMadrid7 View Post
    For someone that says R.Carlos is not a legend, I don't think it's necessary to continue arguing with him.
    Find me a qoute from someone that says Carlos is a Legend.

You better learn the meaning of the words amoo. To the eyes of the world Maldini is a legend, Carlos is just an excellent diffender. I know it's very hard for you to understand the meaning, but try at least.

When Maldini retires, the titles of the news will be "the legendary defender retires from football"
    but when Carlos retires, it'll be "Roberto Carlos, one of the best LB of all time, retires from football"

Maldini is both one of the best LB and a legend. Carlos is just one of the best LB. Do a little research.
    VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

'Great mentality'No fear
      Sir Alex had a very different appearance 24 hours earlier as his charges routed Milan's Serie A rivals AS Roma 7-1. Maldini is confident his team-mates will provide a sterner test. "Manchester United have grown in strength over the past few years, and Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo are extremely impressive. It will be a difficult match, played at a great tempo. But we're not scared and we will go there in high spirits. What makes us strong is our great mentality, our determination. We are always ready when it counts."
      Maldini legend
      Milan have been crowned European champions six times, and only once has there not been a Maldini in their ranks. Paolo's father Cesare was part of the victorious 1963 European Champion Clubs' Cup side, while his heir has collected four winners' medals, in 1989, 1990, 1994 and 2003, during a 23-year spell at the San Siro. Such is his legend that when he does hang up his boots, the No3 shirt will be retired unless one of his sons plays for the club. Ominously for opponents hoping to see the back of the Maldini clan, Paolo's eldest child Christian, 13, is already on the Rossoneri's books.
      'Strength'
      "I keep playing because I love the atmosphere," said the former Italy captain. "To play just one more semi-final on an English ground, with the atmosphere we will face there and the possibility of reaching another final, gives me the strength to keep going." Any "possibility" of a final has become a virtual probability for Maldini. Until last term's defeat by FC Barcelona, he had never lost a last-four fixture. "This is yet another European Cup semi-final for me, my ninth. It went well seven times and I hope I will be able to make eight.
      'Proud'
      "This time we have qualified as the only non-English team, and in the last 20 years we have always been there; it makes me very proud. We have been somewhere near the top of the pile for years, ever since 1988." Maldini had made his Milan debut three years previously, against Udinese Calcio in January 1985. Two decades on he is eager for one last showpiece occasion. "Last summer this target looked almost impossible, and now it is within our grasp," said Maldini. If the last 20 years have taught us anything, it is that when Milan get a tentative hold on something, they tend to make it count.
      This is an abridged version of an article that appears in this week's edition of the uefa.com Magazine. To read the feature in full, click here

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
        whos better?

and youre missing the point.... this poll isnt about best defender. its about the best left back of all time.
        No jigar, he is not missing the point, he is refering to a very valid point.

Maldini was the best LB for years, before Carlos even comes to the football scene. then Maldini was used as a center back for years, where he was again chosen the best defender, and funny is that Carlos was chosen in the same team too! Maldini as the CB and Carlos as the LB:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Te..._the_Year_2003

That's why it's comparing apple to orange.

But there is another fact that when Maldini played as LB in 2005 he was chosen as the best defender over Carlos! Maldini as a LB in 2005 and age of 37 lead his team to the final and scored the fastest goal of UEFA final and chosen as the best LB in Europe, but Carlos as a LB did nothing, made the sooti and turn Makkay into "Makkay 10 seconds".
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Te..._the_Year_2005

So, here you go...
        You Brazilian fans and Italy haters get your answer.

That's why Maldini is a Legend and a true champion.

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia View Post

Maldini was the best LB for years, before Carlos even comes to the football scene. then Maldini was used as a center back for years, where he was again chosen the best defender, and funny is that Carlos was chosen too! Maldini as the CB and Carlos as the LB:

But there is another fact that when Maldini played as LB in 2005 he was chosen as the best defender over Carlos! Maldini as a LB in 2005 and age of 37 lead his team to the final and scored the fastest goal of UEFA final and chosen as the best LB in Europe, but Carlos as a LB did nothing, made the sooti and turn Makkay into "Makkay 10 seconds".

So, here you go...

The stats are all there you cant even compare Roberto Carlos to Nesta or Cannavaro when it comes to defending and they are not half of what Maldini is. Maldini made defending what it is today when Roberto was runnin round the streets of Brazil Maldini was playing champions league football and today id rather have 1 maldini a the age of 37 then roberto in his prime. Maldini is the Maradona of defending he is a legend Roberto carlos is like a thierry henry didier drogba andy shevchenko, one of the best but not a legend
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
            you know what if i had to choose a defence id use malini as CB and r c as LB but that all r c can play is lb tell him to defend as CB youll have 5 goals against this is comparing rezaei and kia
            do u go and tell rezaei to take free kicks and go in the box for headers or u expect him to stay in the back and nobody gets past him
            do u tell kia to stay in the center of defence and be last man back?
            my point here is that maldini is not a LB he is a CB but when he plays LB for milan he never goes up this is not a good comparison at all
            yes rc is better LB but maldini is better CB defender
            finally you give your opinion on the subject. thanks for being fair, even though you are half italian you chose the better left back.

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia View Post

Maldini was the best LB for years, before Carlos even comes to the football scene. then Maldini was used as a center back for years, where he was again chosen the best defender, and funny is that Carlos was chosen in the same team too! Maldini as the CB and Carlos as the LB:

So, here you go...

the poll clearly says "who is the best left-back". you dont need to give us a history lesson on how good your favourite player used to be as a CB. stop posting irrelevant stuff and answer the question please.

Comment

milad maldini is not a lb lol lets compare john terry and theirry henry and ask whos the better forward okay? lol
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                  milad maldini is not a lb lol lets compare john terry and theirry henry and ask whos the better forward okay? lol
                  maldini played left back for a long time... even viva said this. so its enough to compare.

Comment

Working...
                  X