Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about reducing the number of..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think about reducing the number of..

football players on a pitch from 11 to 10?

Personally I am for such a move.

Because as we know the football pitch is not the biggest field in the world compared to a cricket ground or an aussie rules ground.

It will make the game more open and allow players more space and time with the ball. There will be more ball skills and pace displayed in a game.

We would then see more attacking play in games. But what it would also mean is that players would slightly have to cover more ground and therefore have to be more fit and strong.

There will be less time wasting as there will be less players just kicking and trying to clear it.

good idea

but it's never going to happen
    The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
    For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
    http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
    http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

That is a good idea but it will never happen my friend. I think they should change the offside rule and make it something similar to hockey. In hockey once you cross a certain point it is offsides. They should have a rule like once you enter into the penalty box zone, it will be considered offside tht would be a good rule.

I never liked the offside rule because it is penalizing the attacking team. This offside rule makes the game defensive oriented which is great if you are an Italy fan, but I like to see attack football.

Comment

This is a very old game and it has always been the best in the world and always will be the best in the world with the same rules and regulations
        sigpic

Comment

If you want a more a more attacking game, take out penalties... *cough*south korea*cough*

Comment

It would be great..
            but players will face fatigue and injuries caused by fatigue ,more often!

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
              That is a good idea but it will never happen my friend. I think they should change the offside rule and make it something similar to hockey. In hockey once you cross a certain point it is offsides. They should have a rule like once you enter into the penalty box zone, it will be considered offside tht would be a good rule.
              I never liked the offside rule because it is penalizing the attacking team. This offside rule makes the game defensive oriented which is great if you are an Italy fan, but I like to see attack football.
              bro the only game where we scored just 1 goal in the whole world cup was the final and the aussie game ( we were down to 10 men) we were one of the most attacking team in the world cup
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                bro the only game where we scored just 1 goal in the whole world cup was the final and the aussie game ( we were down to 10 men) we were one of the most attacking team in the world cup
                I know this world cup actually I'll admit Italy played well, but generally speaking they like to score first and put 10 men in a box. You are an Italy fan you can't deny this to me I'm speaking the truth here. By the way I thought that free penalty kick they gave the Italian guy was a total joke. It was like 3 seconds left into the game and the guy totally floped. Well sometimes those things happen In WC2002 Italy got a lot of bad calls against them against South Korea.

Comment

A more open game wouldn't necessarily be a better thing. If there were 10 goals scored a game, would we appreciate "a goal" as much? Believe me I've played soccer where it's a very open game, and it's not fun at all--the novelty wears off after a couple of minutes.

What is really aesthetically pleasing--to watch and to play- is when one breaks a hard defense in a closed space, with a series of short passes and technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
                    I don't like that idea at all bro. I think its good that fifa are trying to crack down on anti-football, but it's a two sided game. If fifa start changing rules to allow more goals to be scored, it's just going to make football boring. Do you get excited when someone scores a hoop in basketball? I know it's an exaggeration, but you get me

What should be done is to try to stop things that benefit sides that play anti-football (eg south korea in the AC ), rather than giving an advantage to attack as a whole. Just my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by ScepticILL View Post
                      A more open game wouldn't necessarily be a better thing. If there were 10 goals scored a game, would we appreciate "a goal" as much? Believe me I've played soccer where it's a very open game, and it's not fun at all--the novelty wears off after a couple of minutes.

What is really aesthetically pleasing--to watch and to play- is when one breaks a hard defense in a closed space, with a series of short passes and technique.
                      you've played football but dont go comparing yourself to professional football players!

It may have not been fun because maybe you are not the most fittest player on the pitch.

Many people complain that football is boring when you go to a game and in 90 min there is only one goal scored or none for that matter.

Comment

We might as well make a goal worth 15 points
                        then we could have scores like 15-0. 30-0
                        45-15

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan View Post
                          We might as well make a goal worth 15 points
                          then we could have scores like 15-0. 30-0
                          45-15
                          c'mon now dont be stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post

c'mon now dont be stupid!
                            it was sarcasm my good man

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
                              you've played football but dont go comparing yourself to professional football players!
                              It may have not been fun because maybe you are not the most fittest player on the pitch.
                              Many people complain that football is boring when you go to a game and in 90 min there is only one goal scored or none for that matter.
                              What are you talking about? Have you watched beach soccer? They score like 20 goals, and a lot of them very acrobatic, but beach soccer is booooooooooring. If you make something easy to achive, that something loses value. It's just like money, if you print off loads and loads of money, and everyone has lots of it, money will lose it's value.

Comment

Working...
                              X