• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball pitcher Darvish set to take Japanese citizenship

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...an-Darvish.php
    Baseball pitcher Darvish set to take Japanese citizenship

The Associated PressPublished: August 18, 2007

TOKYO: Star pitcher Yu Darvish, who holds both Iranian and Japanese citizenship, is preparing to drop his Iranian nationality so he can represent Japan in the Beijing Olympics, his father said Saturday.

Darvish, whose father is Iranian and mother Japanese, has been named as a candidate to play for Japan's baseball team in Asian Olympic qualifiers in Taiwan in November.

Japanese law requires that a person holding dual citizenship must choose a single nationality before reaching age of 22. Darvish will reach that age on Aug. 16, 2008.

Darvish's father, Farsa, told reporters Saturday that his son was excited about the prospect of being selected to play for the Japanese national team in Beijing in 2008.

Currently one of the top pitchers in Japanese professional baseball, the 21-year-old right-hander is 11-4 with a 2.05 ERA this season for the first-place Nippon Ham Fighters.

LOL AT JAPAN RULES must choose a singel nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
      LOL AT JAPAN RULES must choose a singel nationality.
      mate it's the same in germany as far as i recall aswell

-------

tbh i support his decision, noone can even call it vatan forooshi or watevr.

1) he is half so its a 50/50 which country his allegiance lies with
      2) he has been brought and born (???) in japan so more to add to the cause
      3) jus look at the state of iran
      4) iran doesnt even have a half decent baseball team so there was no choice

if i got offered to represent scotland in let's say cricket or rugby or a sport which does not exist in iran i would go for it....playing for iran is not an option when it comes down to those sports...it is not like football!
      you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taha View Post
        mate it's the same in germany as far as i recall aswell
        nah not true:bs:

Comment

ive heard its the same in the US. is this tru?

Comment

He looks mostly Japanese anyways. Not bad looking either...... for women who like slightly feminine looking men.

Comment

he's not bad, but he looks a bit too feminine. moved to the international forum btw.

Comment

Originally posted by ilia View Post
                nah not true:bs:
                :bs: be khodet i said as far as i recall...meaning i may be wrong
                you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                sigpic

Comment

Apparently women do love him in Japan. He is very tall and tanned, the type of look most women like.

But what is it with Japanese women and foreign men? I don't think any other nationality has as many of their women marrying foreign men. Its kind of sad actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    Apparently women do love him in Japan. He is very tall and tanned, the type of look most women like.

But what is it with Japanese women and foreign men? I don't think any other nationality has as many of their women marrying foreign men. Its kind of sad actually.
                    tell me about it. japanese women aren't afraid to show foreign men they like them, but unfortunately it's rare to see it the other way around coz japanese men seem to think foreign women wouldn't be interested in them so they rarely take the initiative this guy turned out well! i always wondered what a half middle eastern, half japanese would turn out like

Comment

Links for Yu Darwish official site:
                      http://darvish-yu.jp/en/profile.html

Comment

i wish him the best and good luck to him at the Olympics!!!

Comment

196cm!!!!
                          damn, this guy should have replaced daei

has japan ever had such a tall athlete??? maybe some basketballers or volleyballers..
                          Originally posted by siavasharian
                          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

its because japanese men cannot provide the japanese womens needs in the bedroom the supply is too short!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asghar Agha View Post
                              Links for Yu Darwish official site:
                              http://darvish-yu.jp/en/profile.html
                              he doesn't even look half Iranian! He looks full japanese!

Comment

Working...
                              X