• Time
  • Show
Clear All

they should retire his number.

Comment

R.i.p

Comment

r.i.p

so sad that footballers die,i dont understand what tests they do that they dont get anything the docs.

r.i.p antonio

Comment

MAY HE rip

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
          CITY

Comment

Puerta's death highlights hectic schedule - Platini

MONTE CARLO, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Sevilla midfielder Antonio Puerta's death highlighted the hectic schedule of European football, UEFA president Michel Platini said on Thursday.

'These accidents on the pitch will probably bring up the problem of the calendar,' Platini told reporters on Thursday.

'We all want to play less but we, at UEFA, are the first to play more Champions League matches, the associations have created the League Cup.

'The system is made so that the players play more and more.'

Spanish international Puerta, who won back-to-back UEFA Cups and the King's Cup with the Primera Liga club, died on Tuesday three days after collapsing during a league match.

He collapsed after jogging back towards his own goal 35 minutes into Saturday's game against Getafe.

Although he was able to walk off the pitch he collapsed again in the changing rooms and had to be given cardiac resuscitation before being taken to hospital.

He was treated in the hospital's intensive care unit but was unable to recover from the after-effects of several prolonged cardiac arrests.

Medical experts consulted by the Spanish media said that the collapse was precipitated by a weakness in the right ventricle of the player's heart that can cause arrhythmias.

Comment

Working...
            X