Inter's Adriano not interested in Man City loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inter's Adriano not interested in Man City loan

Inter Milan striker Adriano has dismissed the idea of joining Manchester City on loan, although he has refused to rule out a permanent move away from the San Siro.

The Italian club confirmed yesterday they would be willing to sanction Adriano's departure on a temporary basis, with Parma also reportedly keen to snap him up.

But the powerful 25-year-old, who has made little impact for Inter over the past two seasons due to injuries and a lack of form, insists he is not interested.

'When I could have left the club, I didn't do it,' the Brazilian said.

'Now, if I have to leave, I would only do it on a permanent transfer. But my wish is to remain here.'

The arrival of David Suazo from Cagliari has added another attacking option to an Inter squad already containing strikers Hernan Crespo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Julio Cruz.

The 25-year-old was not included in Roberto Mancini's squad for Sunday's 1-1 draw with Udinese on the opening weekend of the season.

'I don't want to go on loan again. I already went once to Parma when it was right for my career. Now if I must really leave, I'll go and that's it,' Adriano told Gazzetta dello Sport.

'What I and my agent don't understand is why they did not tell me immediately at the start of the summer that I had not re-entered their plans.'

Adriano said ideally he would like stay and regain his place at Inter and that the club owed him after he turned down moves to Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea when he was in top form three years ago.

Inter President Massimo Moratti said English teams were among those interested in a loan deal but that he would not be sold permanently.

'He has two choices in front of him. Do really well with us or do really well on loan and return to us as the formidable centre forward that we know,' he told Gazzetta.

Moratti has said that if Adriano leaves before the transfer window closes on Friday, fellow reserve striker Alvaro Recoba will be have to stay at Inter rather than go to Torino.
Working...
X