Supersport 6
    TV2 Slovenija
    TV2 Sport DK
    TV3 Ireland
    TVP 2
    Viasat Sport 1
    W9

For information on the channels, click here

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
    Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

My prediction for the game is 3-2 Milan winning. but u never know.Sevilla has always proven to be a competitive team.They beat Barcelona 3-0 in the supercup last year. they regurarly beating very strong teams, recently, beating Real Madrid twice in the spanish super cup. I think it will be a very exciting match, your thoughts?

Comment

Sevilla very Emotional after death of Puerta-article from TWG

Sevilla: We'll win it for Puerta - PA Sport

Sevilla are determined to honour the memory of Antonio Puerta when they meet Champions League winners AC Milan in the UEFA Super Cup in Monaco.

The Andalusian club and UEFA Cup holders are still trying to come to terms with the unexpected death of the Spanish wingback.

Puerta, 22, suffered a cardiac arrest during the weekend Primera Liga game against Getafe and, after three days fighting for his life in a Seville hospital, died on Tuesday.

"From now on we will play with 12 players on the pitch," said an emotional Sevilla president Jose Maria Del Nido.

"We begin the competition with the will to win the Super Cup to dedicate it to his memory. We will beat Milan and we will dedicate this win to him."

The Champions League clash between Sevilla and AEK Athens, which was to take place on Greek soil, was postponed after the news of Puerta's death.

"We are shattered," admitted Del Nido. "But Antonio has left and life must go on. This game could have been postponed but we thought it was best to play it. Sevilla are now invincible because we will play with Antonio's spirit."

Sevilla have shown no signs of slowing down after clinching their fifth title in 15 months when they beat Real Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup.

The Spanish outfit will be looking to continue what is their most successful spell in the club's 102-year history.

However, the two-time defending UEFA Cup holders will face a tough challenge from Milan at Monaco's Stade Louis II.

The Italians showed they are in fine form after beating Genoa 3-0 in their opening Serie A game last weekend.

"Before the start of the campaign I wasn't sure about the team's condition," admitted coach Carlo Ancelotti.

"But after this weekend, I am satisfied. This result has given us the necessary calmness to prepare for the European Super Cup."

The Rossoneri go into the encounter looking to claim their fifth Super Cup and they will be looking for inspiration from Kaka, last season's Champions League top scorer.

The Brazil playmaker warmed up for Friday's encounter with two goals in the success over Genoa.

The Rossoneri will have to do without captain Paolo Maldini, who is recovering from knee surgery but has travelled with the team to Monaco.

Ancelotti's men will have to keep a close eye on Sevilla's in-form striker Fredi Kanoute, who scored a hat-trick against Real Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup.

Sevilla coach Juande Ramos has taken all of his players to Monaco, including Chelsea target Daniel Alves.

However, the Brazil wingback is unlikely to be included in Sevilla's starting XI.

Comment

Article from Goal.com

Milan: Super Cup Is A Mistake

Following the untimely death of Antonio Puerta, UEFA declared that Friday night's European Super Cup between Champions League holders AC Milan and UEFA Cup winners Sevilla must go ahead. Milan ace Massimo Ambrosini and boss Carlo Ancelotti disagree...

zoom - galleria Milan midfielder Massimo Ambrosini has questioned the wisdom of UEFA's decision to allow the Super Cup final to go ahead on Friday.

"If it was up to me, I wouldn’t play this match," he said, referring to the tragic death of Sevilla left-winger Antonio Puerta on Tuesday.

"We don’t know yet what kind of attitude we will have on the pitch. This kind of tragedy puts everything in perspective," he added.

His manager, Carlo Ancelotti, agreed.

He said, "I don't know if it makes sense to play or not, but this final has lost all significance and will be a game of football completely different to all others."

Puerta collapsed early on during a Liga match with Getafe on Sunday, dying on Tuesday afternoon after his condition deteriorated in hospital.

Sevilla's match with AEK Athens, scheduled for that evening, was promptly called off, but UEFA allowed the Super Cup final to go ahead.

It takes place at 20:45 local time in Monaco tomorrow evening.

Sevilla are the current holders, having thrashed Barcelona 3-0 in last year's final.

'Ambro' won the contest with Milan in 2003, two years into Ancelotti's tenure at the San Siro. The rossoneri have won the contest four times, more than any other club.

Comment

Article from Uefa.com

Sevilla to take on Milan in Monaco

Sevilla FC will attempt to become the second club to successfully defend the UEFA Super Cup on Friday when they will meet the only side to have achieved that feat, AC Milan.

Milan record
          Already the sole four-time winners of the trophy, Milan aim to make it five at Monaco's Stade Louis II after clinching the UEFA Champions League title in May. It will be their seventh appearance in the 33rd edition of the competition, putting them one ahead of the record they previously jointly held with FC Barcelona. They won their last appearance 1-0 against FC Porto in 2003.

Sevilla aim
          Meanwhile Sevilla, who defeated then European champions Barcelona 3-0 on their UEFA Super Cup debut last year, hope to repeat the trick after again winning the UEFA Cup last season. Their margin of victory in 2006 was the highest since the event became a one-off game in 1998. The match is the traditional curtain-raiser to the new European season and will follow a number of prestigious events in the principality.

Comment

previous super cup winners:

2006 Sevilla
            2005 Liverpool
            2004 Valencia
            2003 Milan
            2002 Real Madrid
            2001 Liverpool
            2000 Galatasaray
            1999 Lazio
            1998 Chelsea
            1997 Barcelona
            1996 Juventus
            1995 Ajax
            1994 Milan
            1993 Parma
            1992 Barcelona
            1991 Man. United
            1990 Milan
            1989 Milan
            1988 Mechelen
            1987 Porto
            1986 Steaua
            1984 Juventus
            1983 Aberdeen
            1982 Villa
            1980 Valencia
            1979 Notts Forest
            1978 Anderlecht
            1977 Liverpool
            1976 Anderlecht
            1975 Dynamo Kyiv
            1973 Ajax

Comment

The way I see it, if Sevilla can manage to restrict Kaka (good luck trying) and play their game, they can pip Milan and win a second consecutive Super Cup.

Hey they whooped Barcelona last year 3-0 didnt they ?
              sigpic

Comment

For those Living in Australia, SBS will show the game live at 4:30AM AEST Saturday morning.
                man i'm going to watch Eses-Mes tonight at 1.00AM and them 4:30AM Sevilla-Milan. I'm gonna get like 2 hours sleep.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

ENTER SHIKARI 3

Comment

Aleksander Kerzhakov , the spelling may not be exact!

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                      For those Living in Australia, SBS will show the game live at 4:30AM AEST Saturday morning.
                      man i'm going to watch Eses-Mes tonight at 1.00AM and them 4:30AM Sevilla-Milan. I'm gonna get like 2 hours sleep.
                      bigir bekhaab bace. Im taping the game and watching it 2morrow.

I just got back from work and have no energy to wake up that time!

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
                        Aleksander Kerzhakov , the spelling may not be exact!
                        oh yeah that whas the name thnx brow
                        ENTER SHIKARI 3

Comment

Ronaldo Goes Hattrick

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                            lol stuff SS. I am sleeping now and waking up at 4:30. see u guys then.

Comment

milan will win 2-1 its gonna be hard as sevilla is doing it for their teammate that passed away and i think we will play like this

dida
                              oddo nesta kaladze jankulovski
                              pirlo gattuso ambrosini seedorf
                              kaka
                              ronaldo

FORZA MILAN--- MILAN CAMPIONE!
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Working...
                              X