[Breaking MMA News] Fedor Signed With the UFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Breaking MMA News] Fedor Signed With the UFC

Well, it's not confirmed, but there are heaps of different sources pointing towards it:

He's already got sponsored by some clothing brand that sponsors a lot of the fighters. I can't be bothered looking up the brand name... I think it's affliction.

Also he's been doing some publicity work with Randy.

Also a guy working closely with some UFC sponsors has said they finally came to an agreement.

He's also invited to UFC 75. Dana's most probably going to make the big announcement on saturday!!!!!!11

Hope he gets a warm up fight though

The negotiations were tough, but I think ufc gave in. Fedor wanted:

1. to fight in other organizations, if the even is held in Russia
    2. wanted other red devil club fighters (like Roman) to get fights in UFC
    3. fedor's manager wanted to co-promote an event in russia with zuffa
    4. fedor wanted to compete in combat sambo

LOL. That's a lot of perks Fedor wanted... But he is the best. Anyways, Fedor got:

1. to fight in other organizations, if the even is held in Russia - LOL, NO CHANCE HE WAS GOING TO GET THAT
    2. wanted other red devil club fighters (like Roman) to get fights in UFC - HE GOT IT, IT'LL START IN 2008
    3. fedor's manager wanted to co-promote an event in russia with zuffa - THEY DIDN'T GET IT
    4. fedor wanted to compete in combat sambo - HE GOT IT, WITH SOME CONDITIONS

They meat halfway pretty much.

Man the UFC is cleaning house getting great fighters. It is already booming and boxing is kind of dead man. Even George Foreman said, "I would of been a UFC fighter if it was there back in my days." We can say that boxing is dead and it has been replaced by UFC. Thank you for the news man!

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
      Man the UFC is cleaning house getting great fighters. It is already booming and boxing is kind of dead man. Even George Foreman said, "I would of been a UFC fighter if it was there back in my days." We can say that boxing is dead and it has been replaced by UFC. Thank you for the news man!
      No worries at all man!

There's also another reliable source, that broke the news about CC, and Rampage's signings, and also about Pride being bought, saying the same thing.

They're going to give the big news before the main fight (which will be fantastic! rampage/hendo.)

Fedor is getting 1.8million a fight and is locked for 4 fights.

As you know I've always been a pride fans, but I'm getting so much respect for the UFC and Dana (not that I lacked respect, it was just that they used to hype up fights like the WWE by having "beefs" between the fighters that seemed so lame and fabricated - eg the whole ortiz shamrock thing) after this. The fact that they're paying so much to get Fedor shows how serious they are about being the toughest mma org.

1.8 is huge... No fighter has had that before.

But it's FEDOR RIGHT?!

Comment

This is great news! He will clean house in the heavyweight division. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Persian View Post

This is great news! He will clean house in the heavyweight division. Thanks!
          I don't know how good this guy is, do you think he can beat a Chuck Liddel or Ranpage Jackson?
          I read somewhere that UFC is buying Pride as well, but I thought that deal was finalized by now. You got to understand man when they fabricate the beef with say Shamrock and Ortiz, or say Ortiz and Liddel it is for one thing man, and that is ratings which brings in the $$$$. That is just good marketing my friend.

Shamrock was a great fighter back in the day but I'm glad he came to his senses and retired. I think the young Shamrock would of kicked Ortiz's a$$. By the way everyone says Tito is a jackass$, but I met the guy at a bar in Long Beach with one of my buddies. He is actually a very nice guy and very humble. We were watching march madness(basketball) LBSU vs Tennessee. I was cheering for LBSU because my buddy went to Tennessee, and we started talking to Tito. By the second half of the game we wanted to buy some more beers and Tito says, "boys your money is no good I got this one." He bought us each like 3 beers which was very generous of him. We started talking about UFC and he said, "Man don't believe everything you hear a lot of it is just hype to get people to pay for the PPV events."

I think I told you this already but I also met the Iceman after the Rampage fight at a party in LV. Iceman seemed like a nice guy as well I said what's up to him and he gave me a pound on the fist. I said, "Hey man don't worry you will regain your belt back." Liddel was very honest and said, "Dude this is just going to motivate me to train harder." I even told him that I went to the same school as him Cal Poly. He said, "what major I was Accounting." I said, "Cool we were in teh same business school but I studied Finance."

I said to him, "Iceman I really can't picture you as an accountant." He said, "I get that all the time bro but I actually love accounting, and if I was not going UFC, I would probably be a CPA."

Boht were cool chill guys

Comment

If you wanna see real fighting watch the WWE.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              If you wanna see real fighting watch the WWE.
              Real stage fighting? lol

Comment

What do you mean?
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
                  I don't know how good this guy is, do you think he can beat a Chuck Liddel or Ranpage Jackson?
                  I read somewhere that UFC is buying Pride as well, but I thought that deal was finalized by now. You got to understand man when they fabricate the beef with say Shamrock and Ortiz, or say Ortiz and Liddel it is for one thing man, and that is ratings which brings in the $$$$. That is just good marketing my friend.
                  Shamrock was a great fighter back in the day but I'm glad he came to his senses and retired. I think the young Shamrock would of kicked Ortiz's a$$. By the way everyone says Tito is a jackass$, but I met the guy at a bar in Long Beach with one of my buddies. He is actually a very nice guy and very humble. We were watching march madness(basketball) LBSU vs Tennessee. I was cheering for LBSU because my buddy went to Tennessee, and we started talking to Tito. By the second half of the game we wanted to buy some more beers and Tito says, "boys your money is no good I got this one." He bought us each like 3 beers which was very generous of him. We
                  started talking about UFC and he said, "Man don't believe everything you hear a lot of it is just hype to get people to pay for the PPV events."
                  I think I told you this already but I also met the Iceman after the Rampage fight at a party in LV. Iceman seemed like a nice guy as well I said what's up to him and he gave me a pound on the fist. I said, "Hey man don't worry you will regain your belt back." Liddel was very honest and said, "Dude this is just going to motivate me to train harder." I even told him that I went to the same school as him Cal Poly. He said, "what major I was Accounting." I said, "Cool we were in teh same business school but I studied Finance."
                  I said to him, "Iceman I really can't picture you as an accountant." He said, "I get that all the time bro but I actually love accounting, and if I was not going UFC, I would probably be a CPA."
                  Boht were cool chill guys

Fedor is #1 in the world...he is basically undefeated (except one tournement where he got nailed by accident by a head butt...it wud have been NC, but he got an L cuz its a tournament). Liddell and jackson are light heavyweights, so at current time they wont be fighting fedor. But he is the only fighter that is on a whole new level of MMA. When you see him fight, you will see why he is #1.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    What do you mean?
                    Come on bro WWE is staged everybody knows that. Do you honestly think someone can really servive a shot to the head with a chair? Sure injuries happen but please don't compare the MMA to WWE. That is all I'm saying my friend I intend no disrespect that is just my opinion.

Comment

i dontlike ufc.
                      they go for the kill, real stupid. just my opinion any mma fighters here it takes a bunh of talent to do it.
                      i like other martial arts, like i do taekwondo.
                      its for self defense.
                      i dont like this whole thing where you get put in a cage and the guy wants to kill you..

and haha KC McElroy, wwe is staged man.
                      you see little mysterio getting blows to the head by lashley and hes down and all of the sudden you see mysterio pop up and knock bobby lashley out LOL.
                      thats never happened but stuff like that happens.
                      its all fake.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
                        i dontlike ufc.
                        they go for the kill, real stupid. just my opinion any mma fighters here it takes a bunh of talent to do it.
                        i like other martial arts, like i do taekwondo.
                        its for self defense.
                        i dont like this whole thing where you get put in a cage and the guy wants to kill you..

and haha KC McElroy, wwe is staged man.
                        you see little mysterio getting blows to the head by lashley and hes down and all of the sudden you see mysterio pop up and knock bobby lashley out LOL.
                        thats never happened but stuff like that happens.
                        its all fake.
                        I kind of agree with you on your stance with the UFC man. I watch these fights becaue I am usually playing poker and my friends order it live, so it is in the background.

I never studied martial arts but I intend to soon once my schedule frees up. My belief is that martial arts, any form of martial arts, should be used to defend your life and that' sit. If someone confronts you in the street please use martial arts to defend yourself. Martial arts was not intended to stick people in a cage so they can beat the crap out of eachother.

Now my father did study martial arts for a while when he was at Michigan State for four years. He studied taekwondo like you acutually. He feels the same way that you do.

Now I personally never took a martial arts lesson in my life, but I got into pleny of fights when I was a kid. I was a short and fat kid so I got picked on a lot. At first I would constantly get my a$$ kicked in elementary school. After a while I became good enough to defend myself in a fight, and started getting their respect, once I started winning. After that they left me alone because they knew that I could defend my self.

Anyways I never instigated the fight but sometimes young kids can be stupid. I remember in the fifth grade when I changed schools to this rich prepy school in Misssion Viejo, I got my a$$ kicked almost on a daily basis because I wasen't from there(HOW STUPID IS THAT?!) By the 6th grade I was in enough fights to understand the basics of defending myself. Again if martial arts is used to defend yourself I don't have a problem with it.

As for WWE come on it is staged people so we agree on that as well.

Comment

yea man i tottally feel you.
                          i mean you got your ass kicked, from people who didnt know anything, and it hurt, now imagine one of them getting there ass kicked from someone who does know how to fight, thats what these cage fighters go through.
                          yea you should study taekwondo its very nice.
                          i recently had to quit after i got my black belt since im only 14 and live with my parents, there scared that one kick i will be paralyzed you know?
                          so ive been working on soccer alot.

ha yea wwe is silly.

Comment

emilienko??
                            SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by ScepticILL View Post
                              Well, it's not confirmed, but there are heaps of different sources pointing towards it:
                              He's already got sponsored by some clothing brand that sponsors a lot of the fighters. I can't be bothered looking up the brand name... I think it's affliction.
                              Also he's been doing some publicity work with Randy.
                              The publicity stint he's doing with Couture is most likely because of the recent signing with Affliction, which Couture I believe owns or is part owner of.

Originally posted by Persian View Post
                              Fedor is #1 in the world...he is basically undefeated (except one tournement where he got nailed by accident by a head butt...it wud have been NC, but he got an L cuz its a tournament). Liddell and jackson are light heavyweights, so at current time they wont be fighting fedor. But he is the only fighter that is on a whole new level of MMA. When you see him fight, you will see why he is #1.
                              The loss was due to an illegal elbow, but you're right it was a tournament and fighter had to go through and fight again later that night and since Fedor was in no shape for another fight his opponent was given the win.

If you haven't seen Fedor fight, all you need to know is, he's beaten the best wrestlers in MMA(Coleman, Randleman), best stand-up fighter(Crocop), best Jiu-Jitsu fighter(Nogueria 3 times). He's as all around as it gets, he can beat you anywhere which is why he's so good, also he's mentally very strong and his stamina is never in doubt. I'm glad he has signed with UFC, but Barnett is still unsigned, and he's the greatest threat to Fedor.
                              STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
                              A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

Working...
                              X