Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For NBA fans #1 draft Pick Greg Oden out for the seaosn!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For NBA fans #1 draft Pick Greg Oden out for the seaosn!!!

Boy it seems like Portland can never get a break with their draft picks. First they pick Sam Bowe over Michael Jordan. Can you say DOH!!! Now Their #1 pick, who was expected to start and perhaps average about 10 points per game and 10 boards per game, has knee problems and will sit out the entire season.

Sorry if there are any Portland Trailblazer fans.

lol poor guy feel bad for him,hopefully it wont effect his career and turn into a bust

Comment

Originally posted by benreyhani15 View Post
      lol poor guy feel bad for him,hopefully it wont effect his career and turn into a bust
      I don't think it will effect his career, but I think Oden could of benefited from another year at Ohio State. Towards the tail end of the season and the NCAA tourney, Oden was getting it together on the offensive side of the field. He was always a presence on the defensive side but he was becomming a force on the offensive side. It seems like Portland should of gone with Kevin Durant.

The reason why I say Oden would of benefited by staying at Ohio St for one more year, is he could of improved his game. NBA is a different ball game than college basketball. The players are bigger, faster, stronger, and more aggressive. Hey Shaq stayed his sophomore season and he is one of the most dominent centers of all time.

Well I feel bad for the guy he seems like a very nice and humble kid. He's not flasy either I kind of like that about him. I hope Oden fully recovers but this is going to hamper things.

Comment

he got the money, just like karimi he doesnt car anymore about playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
          he got the money, just like karimi he doesnt car anymore about playing.
          I think his situation is different than Karimi bro. Oden actually has a very good work ethic and wants to play hard. He just had a freak injury it's not like he was lazy or anything. In the NBA those things happen and it is out of your control, so you really can't fault him for it. It's just bad luck on Oden's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
            I think his situation is different than Karimi bro. Oden actually has a very good work ethic and wants to play hard. He just had a freak injury it's not like he was lazy or anything. In the NBA those things happen and it is out of your control, so you really can't fault him for it. It's just bad luck on Oden's part.
            no no im not faulting him for who the hell wants an injury you know? lol.
            but most pros dont even want to play anymore after the big money, they dont wanna get hurt, except soccer i see players have pride in it and want to play, i just dont see karimi with that..

Comment

and thats why, kids, we stay in school.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
                no no im not faulting him for who the hell wants an injury you know? lol.
                but most pros dont even want to play anymore after the big money, they dont wanna get hurt, except soccer i see players have pride in it and want to play, i just dont see karimi with that..
                I get what you are saying bro but I think Oden is a hard worker. By the way I see plenty of good players slack off when they are paying for their national team, so they don't get injured so it happens in every sport.

I think Oden genuinly wants to work hard. At least in college at Ohio St he had a great work ethic. Those kind of guys don't just shut down once they reach the pros. It's the guys who are so good that college comes easy, they are the dangerous ones because they don't know how much hard work they need to put once they get into the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                X