Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The highlight of Asian Football this year..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The highlight of Asian Football this year..

well done to them they fought with their hearts and brought some happiness to their war torn country.

Well done to them. You can tell how bad they wanted it from the celebration after the goal. They deserve all the praise that they get.

Comment

well done to them.....they really deserved it!!!!! i last team that deserved that cup was iran

Comment

Originally posted by IRN Rugby Playa View Post
        well done to them.....they really deserved it!!!!! i last team that deserved that cup was iran
        wtf??!!! we have alot of problems too!!!!
        we definately deserve it wit all the problems IR makes for iran every single day!!

Comment

Originally posted by teammellifan View Post

we definately deserve it wit all the problems IR makes for iran every single day!!
          SO ****ING TRUE!

Comment

Originally posted by teammellifan View Post

ye but even with all our stars and we couldn't beat a weakened Korea and we even had the advantage of not travelling for that match.

We didn't deserve it so dont exaggerate..

Comment

ya'll should aknowledge this thread.

Comment

Iraq had the heart and soul and desire to win it for their people. That's why they deserved 100% of being called Champions of Asia because the other teams did squat when it really mattered.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                  Iraq had the heart and soul and desire to win it for their people. That's why they deserved 100% of being called Champions of Asia because the other teams did squat when it really mattered.
                  They reminded me a lot of 98 Team Meli. Back then we didn't have too many players making millions playing in europe, or fancy Puma jerseys, but we played with heart and soul just like Iraq displayed in the Asian Cup. They truly deserve to be called Champions.

Comment

Congrats to them they fully deserved it, I'm just glad I don't have to say this about Saudi Arabia.

Comment

good luck to them in the confederation cup

Comment

good thing they won though... when saudi made the finals i was like damn saudi will have most asian cups now but thanks to iraq it didnt happen.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                          good thing they won though... when saudi made the finals i was like damn saudi will have most asian cups now but thanks to iraq it didnt happen.
                          i was releaved aswell when Iraq won not just because of Saudi getting the most asian cups but most importantly for the Iraqi people who have gone and still going through so much shit!

However with the state of our football I dont think it really matters anymore!

It looks like we wont be winning the asian cup for a long time to come!

Quite frankly there is no proper investment into the game at grass roots level all the way to senior level!

I think that Japan , Saudi , Korea and Australia will dominate the continent in years to come mostly because they have better management and investment into the sport.

Comment

It was great to see them win....No doubt about it that i enjoyed it...

But....Greece won Euro, Iraq won Asian Cup...Same scenario..
                            Neither national team will live such glory again...

Comment

we deserved to win more than them. Our B team defeated them. Based on talent we deserved it more then any other country. Iran hasn't lost a game in regulation time in over a decade in the Asia cup. We have faced so much heartbreak due to penalty kicks. Its just not right.
                              The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Working...
                              X