Cricket - Pakistan -India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket - Pakistan -India

Woooow that was unbelivable, what a close match, ive never watch cricket in my life but that was actually n amazin match... its 20-20 so its better than normal cricket..
    Btw india won

Interesting....

We essentially screwed up the chance to win because of some stupid shot selection whilst chasing 158 in 20 overs. With 6 runs required from final 4 balls with one wicket left, Misbah-ul-Haq who had almost guided us from the bring of defeat to victory, played a really silly shot and got caught ending our chase and giving India the Twenty20 World Cup trophy.

I hate cricket.
    sigpic

Comment

It was pretty interesting, India got what it deserved.
      In an insane world the sane are considered mad.

Comment

very close match, india with such a young squad beat the champions Australia in semis and now Pakistan in the final.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

pakistan zindabad

Comment

Pakistan blew a few good chances, they could've easily won the game. Imran Nazir was in amazing form for them, I think if he stuck around for a couple of more overs they would've been in a commanding position to win.
            Nevertheless India were very solid too, and they did it without Tendulkar, Dravid or Ganguly. Yuvraj Singh's innings against Australia was some of the best batting I've seen in a long time.
            But I don't know how some Indian fans are already calling their team the new world champions in world cricket just because they beat Australia, it's a different form of the game and India couldn't even beat Bangladesh in the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
              Pakistan blew a few good chances, they could've easily won the game. Imran Nazir was in amazing form for them, I think if he stuck around for a couple of more overs they would've been in a commanding position to win.
              Nevertheless India were very solid too, and they did it without Tendulkar, Dravid or Ganguly. Yuvraj Singh's innings against Australia was some of the best batting I've seen in a long time.
              But I don't know how some Indian fans are already calling their team the new world champions in world cricket just because they beat Australia, it's a different form of the game and India couldn't even beat Bangladesh in the world cup.
              I dont even think many cricket followers and purists will regard Twenty20 as a proper form of the game anyway. Though, I am not taking India's victory from them, as they deserved it for being cool and calm in the final while we screwed up badly.

I have seen many formats over the years in this game, the most peculiar one was the long-gone Double Wicket format Pakistan used to hold each year in the late 1990s where each nation that participated had a squad of just two players that would bat and bowl while the fielders and keeper were simply local first class players. Any player that got out basically had around 10 runs deducted from the team total so the main aim was for those two batsmen to slog the hell out in 10 overs.

That didnt last long, and it seemingly has disappeared abruptly because it was nothing more than a crowd-attracting gimmick which many nations didnt seem bothered to back. Twenty20, although another crowd attracting gimmick which South Africa and England adopted a few years back, will stay a bit longer as the ICC as well as Texan billionaire Allen Stanford a bid for more money has given its official backing for the project.

Cricket has become a game of too many forms, and I wouldnt be surprised if this ends up causing a decline in the game later on in the coming decade or two.
              sigpic

Comment

damn i missed the match- what was the final scores?

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
                Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

Originally posted by alihos93 View Post
                  damn i missed the match- what was the final scores?
                  India 157 for 5 (Gambhir 75, Gul 3-28) beat Pakistan 152 (Misbah-ul-Haq 43, Pathan 3-16, RP Singh 3-23) by 5 runs
                  sigpic

Comment

It's confusing with all those new forms of cricket being introduced in the last 10 years considering many teams have different squads for each form of the game.

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                    Any player that got out basically had around 10 runs deducted from the team total so the main aim was for those two batsmen to slog the hell out in 10 overs.
                    This sounds a bit like beach cricket where they take points away from you each time you lose a wicket, although in beach cricket it's only retired players that participate in it atm.

Don't know if you also remember the Hong Kong Sixes, that looked like it might really take off back in the 90's and then suddenly it just died for some reason, there were some really huge sixes seen in that tourney but that fact that every player had to retire once they reached 30 didn't help many of the teams that only had a few good players.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                      Don't know if you also remember the Hong Kong Sixes, that looked like it might really take off back in the 90's and then suddenly it just died for some reason, there were some really huge sixes seen in that tourney but that fact that every player had to retire once they reached 30 didn't help many of the teams that only had a few good players.
                      Oh yeah I remember the Hong Kong Sixes well. There were similar tournaments that had 8 players as well, apparently played in some other East or South East Asian country.

All these forms of the game are getting ridiculous for cricket's own expansion and future. Then again, I dont blame those who wanted to change the game when they found Test cricket was too long many decades back.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X