Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KAKA: WORLD PLAYER OF THE YEAR (fifa world XI aswell)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KAKA: WORLD PLAYER OF THE YEAR (fifa world XI aswell)

Kaka wins world players' accolade

AC Milan forward Kaka has been named FIFPro world player of the year.
    The 25-year-old Brazilian claimed the accolade after 45,000 members of the players' union voted in the awards, which are in their third year.

He said: "I am humbled to receive such an honour. To follow my good friend and such a great player as Ronaldinho makes this a very special award."

England's John Terry and Steven Gerrard, were in the World XI with Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo.

Kaka was instrumental in Milan's Champions League triumph, sealed with a victory over Liverpool in Athens in May, ending as top scorer with 10 goals including three in the semi-final win over Manchester United.

It was the seventh time the Italian giants had claimed the crown.

He was the subject of an unsuccessful bid from Real Madrid in the close season, and was also a driving force in helping Milan to finish fourth in Serie A last term despite an eight-point deduction for match-fixing.

Kaka missed Brazil's Copa America victory in July because he opted out of the tournament to rest

Last Updated: Friday, 5 October 2007, 15:07 GMT 16:07 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Kaka wins world players' accolade

Kaka helped AC Milan regain the Champions League
    AC Milan forward Kaka has been named FIFPro world player of the year.
    The 25-year-old Brazilian claimed the accolade after 45,000 members of the players' union voted in the awards, which are in their third year.

He said: "I am humbled to receive such an honour. To follow my good friend and such a great player as Ronaldinho makes this a very special award."

England's John Terry and Steven Gerrard, were in the World XI with Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo.

Kaka was instrumental in Milan's Champions League triumph, sealed with a victory over Liverpool in Athens in May, ending as top scorer with 10 goals including three in the semi-final win over Manchester United.

It was the seventh time the Italian giants had claimed the crown.

He was the subject of an unsuccessful bid from Real Madrid in the close season, and was also a driving force in helping Milan to finish fourth in Serie A last term despite an eight-point deduction for match-fixing.

Kaka missed Brazil's Copa America victory in July because he opted out of the tournament to rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIFPro World XI: Gianluigi Buffon (Italy/Juventus); Alessandro Nesta (Italy/AC Milan), Fabio Cannavaro (Italy/Real Madrid), John Terry (England/Chelsea), Carles Puyol (Spain/Barcelona). Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool), Cristiano Ronaldo (England/Manchester United)Kaka (Brazil/AC Milan), Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona), Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast/Chelsea), Ronaldinho (Brazil/Barcelona)

He deserves this. I love watching him play. Theonly reason I would Milan is to see him and Ronaldo play, otherwise Milan is just an average team without him...

Comment

Originally posted by Land of Samba View Post
      He deserves this. I love watching him play. Theonly reason I would Milan is to see him and Ronaldo play, otherwise Milan is just an average team without him...

haha real is average without rvd chelsea is average without lampard inter is average with zlatan man u is average without rooney and bayern is average without toni
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

He is one of my top 5 favorites

well deserved!

Comment

Kaka fully deserved this

BUT

Cannavaro who had a really shite season with Real, and Buffon who was playing in Serie B in this XI ?

big MEH! The likes of Cech, Vidic, Sergio Ramos must be gutted. No Ruud either
          sigpic

Comment

i would have given it to Messy..! he will win the next award for sure..!

i think kaka is an excellent player but i have a hard time really warming up to him, cause he is such a bible-beater. i dont have anything against Christianity but i usually can't stand ultra religious people...! i think he should have kept his faith to himself rather than showing it off too much..!

Comment

fully deserved for kaka but i find this world 11 silly. it should make more sense.

how can u have 4 CBs in ur lineup as the best defense line????? while worlds best fullbacks like philip lahm, ashley cole, willy sagnol & gianluca zambrotta are left out???

imagine having nesta, cannavaro, puyol and terry as ur defense line. how do u even arrange them in the defense line??
              Originally posted by siavasharian
              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

C.Ronaldo snubbed again. Bet he wins it this year. lol

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
                  C.Ronaldo snubbed again. Bet he wins it this year. lol
                  Give him 3-4 more years and he may just do that.

btw, for an Iranian, why do you like Yassir Al-Qahtani ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                    haha real is average without rvd chelsea is average without lampard inter is average with zlatan man u is average without rooney and bayern is average without toni
                    are you kidding...

Without Kaka you probably wouldn't have even scored that penalty against Celtic.
                    The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                    For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                    http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                    http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Originally posted by PersianMadrid7 View Post
                      are you kidding...
                      Without Kaka you probably wouldn't have even scored that penalty against Celtic.
                      without Kaka they wouldnt even have even reached the CL final last season
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                        Give him 3-4 more years and he may just do that.

btw, for an Iranian, why do you like Yassir Al-Qahtani ?
                        Because he is a monster. And I love that little sniper thing he does. haha Plus ,my nickname on my soccer team is "The Sniper." haha

Comment

Originally posted by Land of Samba View Post
                          That's the truth mate

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                            but..Barca isn't average, even without Ronaldinho or Messi

Comment

Kaka deserves it even though the list wasn't the best by FIFpro.
                              The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                              For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                              http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                              http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                              http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Working...
                              X