Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Afonso Alves scores.........7 GOALS IN ONE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afonso Alves scores.........7 GOALS IN ONE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALVES HITS SEVEN FOR HEERENVEEN

A phenomenal seven goals from Brazil striker Afonso Alves ripped through hapless Heracles Almelo on Sunday.

Alves' hat-trick came in a devastating opening 19 minutes before he claimed another four in nine second-half minutes to set an Eredivisie record for scoring.

Striker Gerald Sibon punctuated the one-man scoring festival with a goal five minutes into the second period before Alves, who was making his second start of the season and his first in the Eredivisie after a dispute with his club, embarked on his second spree with four more goals.

Sibon then netted his second nine minutes from time to complete the rout and leave Heracles Almelo one place off the bottom of the table.

Sibon laid on the first goal for Alves after 10 minutes. The 26-year-old's initial shot was saved by visiting goalkeeper Martin Pieckenhagen but the Brazilian netted the rebound.

Karim Bridji shot straight at Rob van Dijk from long range at the other end before Alves, who made his first start of the season against Helsingborg in the UEFA Cup on Thursday, scored his second, curling in a free-kick from 30 yards.

Heerenveen scored again one minute later when Alves netted his third from close range.

And it could have been four before half time when Alves found Michael Bradley who forced Pieckenhagen into a smart save.

Half-time substitute Jacob Poulsen set up Sibon for the fourth after 50 minutes, finding the striker inside the box and he hit a shot into the top-left corner.

Everton forced Van Dijk to tip over at the other end before Alves scored again.

His fourth strike came courtesy of a long ball from Gianni Zuiverloon, but Alves still had to beat three defenders before putting the ball into the bottom-left corner for a superb solo goal.

Alves converted Michael Dingsdag's cross for his fifth before shooting from close range following Miralem Sulejmani's cross for his sixth and Heerenveen's seventh.

But the Heerenveen onslaught was relentless, with Alves at the forefront and he scored a fantastic header after 77 minutes for his seventh of the match.

Substitute Sulejmani was the provider once more when he crossed for Sibon to tip the ball in and round off the scoring. Alves departed to a standing ovation.

Heerenveen, who had just one Eredivisie win under their belt prior to Sunday, are in mid-table.

Source: SportingLife

Video Highlights:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a8lDedYark0

but he sucks for brazil lol

Comment

hahaha che defahee

Comment

After Kobe Bryant scored 81 points someone asked Michael Jordan what he thought of the toronto raptors and he said if I was playing in that game there is no way I wouldn't have had 6 fouls. I cannont believe how you could giveup so many points without getting fouled out first.

Same here. I think those players should have knocked his a$$ out after the 3rd or 4th goal.
        ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
        Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
        Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
        midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
        forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
        Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

i dont know why a bigger club doesnt buy him

Comment

this is proof that the dutch league has no real defensive qualities. its kinda normal that we see 5-0, 6-1 every week in here...

Comment

holy crap!

Comment

dammmmn.....and he lived to hear the final whistle..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                  After Kobe Bryant scored 81 points someone asked Michael Jordan what he thought of the toronto raptors and he said if I was playing in that game there is no way I wouldn't have had 6 fouls. I cannont believe how you could giveup so many points without getting fouled out first.
                  Same here. I think those players should have knocked his a$$ out after the 3rd or 4th goal.
                  I think you should stick to American football buddy.

I think Afonso is one of those rare Brazillians that can fit into the EPL
                  The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                  For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                  http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                  http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Working...
                  X