Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIVEROOL ARE BACK!-Reds Fire 8 past Besiktas [Article+Video of all goals]

Liverpool 8-0 Bestikas

It was certainly a very entertaining match. Benayoun scored ,Babel 2, crouch 2, Gerrard 1. Here are all the goals followed by an article from Goal.com:

------------------------------

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...-wwwonlin_news

----------------------------

Liverpool made it another memorable night at Anfield by smashing a scintillating eight goals past a bruised Besiktas side, in-effect dominating from the beginning and rescuing their European hopes.

From a fantastic team performance, midfield schemer Yossi Benayoun stood out with a marvellous hat-trick (32, 53, 68).

Before the Israeli grabbed his trio of goals, Peter Crouch, restored to the starting line-up, opened the rout with a goal at the second time of asking (19).

Then came Benayoun’s goals, followed by a Steven Gerrard deflected goal that put the finish on a lovely piece of build-up play (68).

Dutch youngster Ryan Babel took to the field mid-way through the second-half and quickly added two more, one a cute flick, (78, 81), leaving Crouch to finish a remarkable score-line with a late header (89).

First Half Second Half
    Liverpool picked up exactly where they left off, as the set themselves among the Besiktas players with a terrier like resolve and unmanageable passing style of play.

Benayoun reminded the away side of their intent four minutes after the restart, as he drifted in off the right flank to head a Gerrard cross into the ground and into the keeper’s grateful hands.

But Besiktas didn’t heed the warning as the Israeli stole in unnoticed to tap in the rebound from a thunderous Riise shot that could only be parried by the keeper (53).

At this stage the crowd were rocking Anfield as they recognised their side had effectively put the game to bed.

Instead of easing of the accelerator the players pursued more goals with a real craving to make a statement, and Benayoun soon recorded his first hat-trick for his new club as once again tapped in a goal from 5 yards after a stinging Gerrard free-kick from 25 yards out proved too strong to hold for the Besiktas keeper.

Gerrard was a constant thorn in the Turkish side, as his bounding runs from the middle created Liverpool’s best openings.

The England international was unlucky not to score from such a run in the 63rd minute, as he saw his left-foot shot well saved by Hakan Akrian.

But the Liverpool skipper wasn’t too be denied as once again instigated and then finished off a fluid passing move by bursting into the box, and then firing a shot that deflected off Diatta and into the net (68).

Ryan Babel, on for Andriy Voronin, made an instant impact as he turned Benayoun’s square ball across the goal in by a deft flick with the ball in-between his legs (78).

Out of all the goals the Dutchman’s was possibly the best as it bought back memories of a famous goal scored similarly from a legendary Red former winger: John Barnes.

Babel then made it two for him and seven for Liverpool with a goal that was as equally as fortuitous as his first had been elegant.

A long put up the field was allowed to bounce by Ibrahim Toraman, who then turned to smash the ball clear but could only hit the ball onto Babel which then drifted over the hapless keeper and into the net (81).

With the famed ‘You’ll never walk alone’ ringing out around the stadium, Peter Crouch arrived on time to head in Benayoun’s return cross (89), to register a remarkable 8-0 score-line for a rejuvenated Liverpool over a bewildered Besiktas outfit.

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
    Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

they still suck

i cant stand watching them play, most boring team ever

Comment

They also put 6 past Derby County...and did meh in the rest
      sigpic

Comment

ryan babels gol was awesome!

Comment

Why did Turkey suck?
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Liverpool won 8-0, they litterally destroy Besiktas.

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            Why did Turkey suck?
            Lol since Benayoun plays in Liverpool and scored 3 goals i thought you were going to be happy.

Comment

Why would that make me happy?
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

dude turkey doesnt suck, i dont know what happened, i wanna see fenerbache go somewhere this tourny..it would be nice to see turkey go somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
                  dude turkey doesnt suck, i dont know what happened, i wanna see fenerbache go somewhere this tourny..it would be nice to see turkey go somewhere.
                  fenerbahce beat eindoheven 2-0

Comment

Why the hell do people think ramin is jewish and israeli???

Comment

Why would that make me happy?
                      You look jewish thats why, but you always say you are not. LOL, What is your religion then?

Comment

I am not religious.

Comment

I am not religious.
                          fair enough

Comment

lol now wait untill next game when you lose 3-0

Comment

Working...
                            X