Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the BIGGEST derby in the world ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
    You do realise that Chelsea - Arsenal has NEVER been a derby throughout the existence of both teams and neither it is today even.
    Arsenal biggest and most hated rivals have always been Tottenham Hotspur, while Chelsea hasnt had a bitter rival at all - okay maybe Fulham but that's hardly a derby.
    why do you always follow me around on threads and make comments everytime i say something about/to do with chelsea? i can put whatever i want to be my favourite! there both london clubs and its always a big meeting whenever they play, its a derby... ManU-Liverpool is NOT a derby hence they are NOT the same city

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
      man why do you always follow me around on threads and make comments everytime i say something about/to do with chelsea? i can put whatever i want to be my favourite! there both london clubs and its always a big meeting whenever they play, its a derby... ManU-Liverpool is NOT a derby hence they are NOT the same city
      hehe Someone got up from the wrong side of the bed today

Easy there man Just pointing out that Chelsea-Arsenal arent exactly a historic and fierce derby. As I said, one has to see the atmosphere in Spurs-Arsenal games to realise THAT is a derby.

Just saying that's all. Also if that is the case, then Real and Barca shouldnt be called a derby either.
      sigpic

Comment

hehe Someone got up from the wrong side of the bed today

Easy there man Just pointing out that Chelsea-Arsenal arent exactly a historic and fierce derby. As I said, one has to see the atmosphere in Spurs-Arsenal games to realise THAT is a derby.

Just saying that's all. Also if that is the case, then Real and Barca shouldnt be called a derby either.
        yea sry for snapping at ya

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
          yea sry for snapping at ya
          No problem.

Also generally in this thread if I may add in derbies, who can forget the matches between the big 3 of Istanbul ? Fenerbahce vs Galatasaray is perhaps the most passionate of the lot though their games vs Besiktas arent that behind either.

Hamburg vs Bayern Munich was a big one back in the day, Ajax vs Feyenoord has had its moments, Newcastle vs Sunderland, The Steel City derby: Sheffield United vs Sheffield Wednesday is a big affair too.

and of course, we United fans hate Leeds (scum)
          sigpic

Comment

suprah relax not everyone here knows what they are talking about when it comes to football.

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
              suprah relax not everyone here knows what they are talking about when it comes to football.
              trufax
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                Issues like these are not facts. They are opinions. I would disagree with that because nobody outside of south/centrl america, I mean basically the latin world watches that. Barca and real have fans all over the world How many boca/river fans are in asia?? in europe? in africa?
                If it was a local thing I would pick pp-eses. I think pp-ss is the only game in the WORLD that could fill in a hypothetical300,000 seat stadium.
                Also the reason no other country in europe can match that is becasue the main leagues like england and italy have more than 2 monsters and germany the other one has only one team. I remember when I became and arsenal fan in 1987, back then it was arsenal liverpool. In the 90's liverpool went away and man utd took its place. and its been arsenal/man/chelsea for a while now. But in spain is clear cut and those 2 teams have a huge fan base everywhere short of antartica(maybe even there!)
                Mate who cares about me and you and how many chinese people love David Beckham to watch him playing for Real.

A rivalry is judged by the preparations of the city. Technically speaking Barca V Real is not even a Derby so there is the first cross.

The people in Argentina start praying, putting up idols, paint there houses, cars, dogs and kids of the colors.

Its a whole new thing to the rest of the world and i think in second place to this comes the Old Firm Derby followed by the PP-SS derby

Real V Barca is by far the biggest game of the year in the world but it is not way the biggest derby. BIG differennce

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia View Post
                  Mate who cares about me and you and how many chinese people love David Beckham to watch him playing for Real.
                  A rivalry is judged by the preparations of the city. Technically speaking Barca V Real is not even a Derby so there is the first cross.
                  The people in Argentina start praying, putting up idols, paint there houses, cars, dogs and kids of the colors.
                  Its a whole new thing to the rest of the world and i think in second place to this comes the Old Firm Derby followed by the PP-SS derby
                  Real V Barca is by far the biggest game of the year in the world but it is not way the biggest derby. BIG differennce
                  If by derby you mean inner city then you are correct. But I would still make an argument that ss-pp is huge given I have been to azadi 5 times to watch those 2 play. If the people outside of the country following the game dont count then I would take ss-pp based on what I have seen first hand (stories I have!!)

As for you other people arguing about england. Thats exactly what I am saying there is no set one "big" game there since there several rivalries that are important. but as for an inner city back in the late 80's liverpool-everton was HUGE since both teams were great. Chelsea, man utd and tottenham werent that good back then
                  ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                  Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                  Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                  midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                  forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                  Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

No problem.

Also generally in this thread if I may add in derbies, who can forget the matches between the big 3 of Istanbul ? Fenerbahce vs Galatasaray is perhaps the most passionate of the lot though their games vs Besiktas arent that behind either.

Hamburg vs Bayern Munich was a big one back in the day, Ajax vs Feyenoord has had its moments, Newcastle vs Sunderland, The Steel City derby: Sheffield United vs Sheffield Wednesday is a big affair too.

and of course, we United fans hate Leeds (scum)
                    actually bayern munich - 1860 munich is considered a bigger derby but problem is 1860 munich is a weak team and dont always play in bundesliga.

its something like juventus - torino match..

P.S. the kaiser, franz beckenbauer was an 1860 munich fan as a child, but apparently once when he approached one of the players or staff or something to get an auograph from them, he was slapped or rejected angrily or something and at that moment he switched to bayern...
                    Originally posted by siavasharian
                    ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                    بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
                      egypts al zamalek VS al ahly is very big as well...
                      btw nima, if they wanna do a show on an iranian team, they will do it on esteghlal who has more glories, more history, has won more derbies and has performed much better than perspolis recently
                      my ass...
                      Perspolis is the biggest club in Iran , with the largest fan base in the whole of fricken asia. Why would they do one on the 2nd Biggest club in Iran , with the 2nd biggest fan base?!!

Comment

my ass...
                        Perspolis is the biggest club in Iran , with the largest fan base in the whole of fricken asia. Why would they do one on the 2nd Biggest club in Iran , with the 2nd biggest fan base?!!
                        because of all the reasons he mentioned!! didnt you read the post??? ss has been to the champions league final 4 times winning it twice. pp has never even been there. call me when they get there at least once.
                        midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                        Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                          because of all the reasons he mentioned!! didnt you read the post??? ss has been to the champions league final 4 times winning it twice. pp has never even been there. call me when they get there at least once.
                          well here's a big reason:

Perspolis sarvare esteqlale

Comment

well here's a big reason:
                            Perspolis sarvare esteqlale
                            hehe, what a "logical" answer!!!!!!

Comment

Manchester United vs Liverpool

Enough said. If you want to have two sets of fans that can absolutely murder each other and two teams just wanting to beat the other, and players not even daring to switch the other way around in transfers - unlike the many Real-Barca, Inter-AC etc players who have played for BOTH clubs in the past half a century - Two teams that have dominated England since the Football League began back in the late 19th Century then look no further than THIS game.

Comment

It has to be Boca-River

Buenos Aires just SHUTS down for the match, with not the only the whole city watching, but the whole nation.

Not to mention, the rivarly between the teams and the fan is the one of the fiercest in the world.

Doesnt Scotland have a big one too? Like Hearts-Ranger or something? Related to Catholics vs Protesstants

Comment

Working...
                                X