Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Ahly vs Étoile Sportive du Sahel - Africa Champions League 2007 FINAL 2nd leg [FT]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al Ahly vs Étoile Sportive du Sahel - Africa Champions League 2007 FINAL 2nd leg [FT]

sigpic

im gutted! it was over when we got the red card. The second and third goals came in stoppage time when ahly were pushing very hard for the goal with a man down. it was bound to happen i didnt think we'd win it three times in a row. We'll be back next year to make it three out of four.

Comment

no offence to supporters of these clubs but do you honestly think there is much competition club wise in that continent?!!

Most of these countries are poor with low quality leagues. Most of the african talents end up going to big leagues in Europe.

I wonder why it is that Egypt struggles to qualify for WC every time! I aknowledge that Al Ahly is a quality club but you have to take into account what they are competing againts and why they have been able to win so many championships!

Comment

wow im sorry pharoah!!

Comment

wow AlAhli finally taken down by another team...good run by Alahli as I know they are the best African site historically and are a professional club...it was time for another team to represent africa tho...we shall c if they can do as good as alahli in world club championship.
          sigpic
          Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
            no offence to supporters of these clubs but do you honestly think there is much competition club wise in that continent?!!
            Most of these countries are poor with low quality leagues. Most of the african talents end up going to big leagues in Europe.
            I wonder why it is that Egypt struggles to qualify for WC every time! I aknowledge that Al Ahly is a quality club but you have to take into account what they are competing againts and why they have been able to win so many championships!
            North African clubs are just as talented, if not better than Asian clubs.

Comment

It was a fun ride run while it lasted.. congratulations to Etoile who are a quality side with good young talent from South America and West Africa, in addition to their Tunisian contingent.

For the balance of the first half, it was the best Ahly have played all season, complete and total control. Then a long shot against the run of play looked to be an easy save for Hadary, but the ball deflected off a defender and went into the opposite side of the goal. From that point I knew it was over, as the theatrics and grass-rolling would begin. A powerful header leveled the score early in the second half, but the same guy who scored was then sent off for a tug on the jersey. I think it was harsh, though it deserved a booking.

I guess there's a reason why no one has ever won three straight. Etoile successfully slowed the match down and countered effectively. Gotta give them props for formulating and executing their game plan no matter how ugly it was. It'll be sad missing out on Japan for the first time in 3 years, but you can't win them all.

I hope Manuel Jose takes over the national team.

Sad day... thanks for the condolences.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                North African clubs are just as talented, if not better than Asian clubs.
                ye but n.africa makes up only a fraction of africa, which is only 4-5 countries.

Comment

pharaoh so its egypt's al ahly who always makes it then?

i always thought it was the uae (i think thats where the other al ahly is from).

Comment

Tunisia seriously came out of nowhere. wierd..... Nigeria used to own all African teams. Which zone is better Africa or Asia? I Think Asia is better by a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by FarFar View Post
                      Tunisia seriously came out of nowhere. wierd..... Nigeria used to own all African teams. Which zone is better Africa or Asia? I Think Asia is better by a little bit.
                      LOL

African teams like Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Senegal and others, with full strength squads, can easily beat most if not all Asian sides rather easily.

Asian football, sadly, maybe growing and getting better, but it is nowhere near as good as Africa in this sport.
                      sigpic

Comment

Some shots of what happened to Ahly during the two-leg final:

Mohammed Barakat being pulled down by the last defender on his way to the keeper during the 0-0 draw in Tunisia. The referee instead gave Barakat a yellow card for diving, resulting in a suspension for the second leg.

Two would-be penalties in Cairo that speak for themselves:

Comment

I'd say oth scenes were penalties.

Too bad Ahly lost man, I was cheering for them.
                          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Working...
                          X