No announcement yet.

USA owned Brazil today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the best athletes of usa are going to end up playing nba or nfl. and even if all these u17 do make it as seniors, theyll still get owned by brazil

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
      the best athletes of usa are going to end up playing nba or nfl. and even if all these u17 do make it as seniors, theyll still get owned by brazil
      they simple dont have the skill in their genes like iranians and brazilians.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
        they simple dont have the skill in their genes like iranians and brazilians.

i dont know man, they were pretty skillful in this game...
        times are changing and US has a lot of foreigners and mixed kids so their genes could be brazilian or iranian

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
          Exactly the thing is America's best athletes would either go for NBA, NFL, or baseball because there is a lot more money to be made in those sports. In USA it's either the foreign kids who play soccer, or the American kids who are not good at football, basketball, or baseball. If you make it to the MLS you are going to probalby get a $40,000 contract. If you make it on an NFL roster and just make the league minimum, you are going to make $400,000. Baseball is the best you get something like a million just for making it on a roster. Basketball also pays very well so that's why you don't see too many stud American athletes play soccer.

Americans don't think, "If I play good I can play soccer in Europe and make a lot of money." Why should they kill themselves to make it to a European club when they could make it on an NBA, NFL, or MLB roster?

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
            Exactly the thing is America's best athletes would either go for NBA, NFL, or baseball because there is a lot more money to be made in those sports. In USA it's either the foreign kids who play soccer, or the American kids who are not good at football, basketball, or baseball. If you make it to the MLS you are going to probalby get a $40,000 contract. If you make it on an NFL roster and just make the league minimum, you are going to make $400,000. Baseball is the best you get something like a million just for making it on a roster. Basketball also pays very well so that's why you don't see too many stud American athletes play soccer.

Americans don't think, "If I play good I can play soccer in Europe and make a lot of money." Why should they kill themselves to make it to a European club when they could make it on an NBA, NFL, or MLB roster?
            good point. A great example from where I live (Canada) is Steve Nash.

The guy was an incredible soccer player and could have easily made it to Europe, but someone saw his talent as a point guard and look at him now, 2 time MVP in 2 years.
            The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
            For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
            http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
            http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
            http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
            http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
              The key word in that sentence was WORLD CUP 98! Dude that game was 9 years ago we need to move on. Even on the National level USA improved a lot. They were able to make it to the final 8 in WC2002? Did we ever make it past the first round of the WC?
              Baba ma masalam ye joke goftim. My point is that that the U.S is not as good on the National Team level as the junior level because they no longer have the physical edge on the National Team level.

Comment

youth games dont mean shit, Qatar won a youth world cup and what did they promise?.. absolutely nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by raminio05 View Post
                  Baba ma masalam ye joke goftim. My point is that that the U.S is not as good on the National Team level as the junior level because they no longer have the physical edge on the National Team level.
                  lol I thought you were serious. I still get what you are saying but the USA has improved since WC 98, where as we have stayed the same. Just look at their record

USA
                  WC98-Knockout stages
                  WC2002-final 8
                  WC2006 Knockout stages(it should be noted they were in a tough group)

Iran
                  WC98-Knockout stages
                  Wc2002-Did not qualify(EFF YOU grass rolling cheaters BAHRAIN!)
                  WC2006-Knockout stages.

You can certainly come up to the conclusion that we did not improve. We need to do something about this to improve our record.

I get what you are saying though USA usually has GREAT youth teams but that doesn't necessarily translate to great national teams.futbol>>>IRAN pointed it out Qatar won a youth world cup and they got nothing out of it.

Comment

Working...
                  X