Cabrini to coach Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabrini to coach Syria

Former Italy defender Antonio Cabrini has been named as the new coach of the Syrian national team.

Cabrini, a member of the 1982 World Cup-winning side, has signed a deal to remain at the helm for the next seven years and replaces coach Fajr Ibrahim.

He will take charge of the team for the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifiers where Syria have been drawn alongside Iran, Kuwait and UAE.

Syrian Football Association president Ahmed Jabban believes Cabrini's appointment will be a positive move for Syrian football.

Jabban said: "We have finalised the agreement with Cabrini."

"We have also finished the agreement with the sponsoring company who will be paying all the contract fees."

The former Juventus left-back said that his main target was to lead Syria to the 2010 World Cup finals.

"It is a great opportunity to coach the Syria national team," said Cabrini. "I will try to use all my experience to serve the national team and Syrian football as best I can and lead the team to the next World Cup."

what experience does he hav as a coach

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
      He's managed some Serie B & Serie C1 clubs.

Comment

Nothing impressive.

Manager
        Cabrini started a coaching career in 2000 with Serie C1 club Arezzo, replacing Serse Cosmi and losing promotion on playoffs. He then coached Serie B's Crotone with little fortune, and later served as head coach for Serie C1 clubs Pisa and Novara Calcio, although with dismal results.

He was appointed head coach of Syria national football team on September 2007.[1]
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Cabrini

Comment

why did syria get such a non reputable coach?!

Comment

why did syria get such a non reputable coach?!
            because its syria, heck we cant even get a 1st class coach.

Comment

Working...
            X