No announcement yet.

Capello TO ENGLAND!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

englands midfield is great, and have two amazing strikers and a solid defense.
    there starting 11 is a world cup champ squad, there problem and the reason they arent a world cup champ squad is that there bench is shit, they dont have any depth at all.
    plus coaching but even with great coaching you need depth.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
      ive never been to found of him..i dont know why.
      i mean if england got him, id be fine with it, i just wouldnt be jumping out of my seat you know?
      fair point... then that'd probably apply to every other english manager aswell

anyway i'd like capello and england if he gave the armband to some1 else instead of terry... as far as tw4ts go, terrys in the top ten

Comment

Originally posted by 1Heesham1 View Post
        fair point... then that'd probably apply to every other english manager aswell
        anyway i'd like capello and england if he gave the armband to some1 else instead of terry... as far as tw4ts go, terrys in the top ten
        yeaa..

haha terry is a great center back, but i think he shouldnt be captain as well.
        i think beckham should be captain till he retires, then maybe...michael owen? i would be looking for experience.
        i would love to give it to the keeper, i always am a fan of keeper being captain, but it seems englands all arent to good.

Comment

Capello has been a tactic genius in Italian and Spanish football... and has never touched English style of play.

Interesting to see if the "English" style of play has been the problem internationally for England against other top countries.

Capello might bring a style to the NT that may surprise all of you.
          The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
          For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
          http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
          http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
          http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
          http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Originally posted by PersianMadrid7 View Post
            Capello has been a tactic genius in Italian and Spanish football... and has never touched English style of play.

Interesting to see if the "English" style of play has been the problem internationally for England against other top countries.

Capello might bring a style to the NT that may surprise all of you.
            same thing i was thinking...

Comment

Historically and recently, England's 'style of play' has been just plain sad mockery of the word style. Cappello will probably bring in his hard-line efficiency in the team and make them play more as an effective unit rather than a bunch of inflated egos and meh-ing performances.
              sigpic

Comment

^^why?... i think hes the best england could have had... every club hes been at has been a sucess...
                Sammy Lee is a terrible coach. Bolton finished 6th last season under Big Sam. Sammy Lee had them in the relegation zone wen he got sacked this season.
                ^^ O'neill won't take it..... hes still pissed that the FA picked mclaren infront of him... and rightly so, even a ten year would know that dropping ur 1st choice keeper for some1 whoes barely played a full 90 mins is beyond idiotic
                crap choice... as arsene wenger says english national team needs a english manager
                Sorry man but English coaches r having a terrible season. Honestly O'Neill, Moyes, Curbishly r probably the only english coaches that r having sum success in the EPL this season. The only English coach I would get for them (thats y i hvnt mentioned him yet) is Harry Redknapp, the current Portsmouth coach. The way he has changed the team this season is amazing.
                And also, England have a great squad:
                • Ferdinand
                • Terry
                • Gerrard
                • Lampard
                • Owen

They r probably the best English players in EPL this season. The only problem is that they cnt all play 2gether as a team, just like Spain.
                Sven Goren Eriksson is an excellent coach. Look at wat he has done at Man. City this season. They have a 100% record at home and r equal 3rd (by points) on the table.
                So it dsnt matter who their coach is, they r just struggling 2 play 2gether as a team.

Man Utd =
                Current EPL Champions
                Current European Champions
                Current World Champions

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD!!

Comment

I hope this wont happen because England will start to get results and their chances of winning somthing will increase alot.

Capello is a great coach and knows what he wants and how to get it.

Comment

it is now confirmed

LONDON (AP) - One of soccer's most successful coaches, Fabio Capello now has probably the toughest job in the game.

The Italian, who won 14 trophies with four different clubs, was appointed manager of England's ailing national team on Friday by the Football Association.

Capello replaces Steve McClaren, who was fired last month after England failed to qualify for the 2008 European Championship. McClaren was the latest of a long list of failures who have been unable to add to England's World Cup triumph in 1966.

The FA said Capello signed a 4 1/2-year contract through the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012 championships and would begin work on Jan. 7. His contract is worth a reported 6 million pounds (US$12.2 million; €8.3 million) a year.

"When we set out to recruit the new manager, we said we were committed to appointing a world-class candidate," FA chief executive Brian Barwick said. "In Fabio Capello we have that man."
                    Capello will have to get the best out of Wayne Rooney, Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard and, of course, his former Real Madrid star, David Beckham, the player he dropped and then reinstated.

Inheriting a team which failed to qualify for Euro 2008, Capello not only has to make sure it qualifies for the World Cup in South Africa but also turn soccer's perennial underachievers into a title-winning team.

Capello, who was in Italy on Friday and will be introduced at a news conference in London on Monday, has a tough job on several fronts. Apart from a lack of fluent English, he also has to deal with a skeptical nation, many of whom wanted an English coach.

Instead, Capello's staff will include Italian assistants Franco Baldini and Italo Galbiati, goalkeeping coach Franco Tancredi and fitness coach Massimo Neri.

The FA said Capello will discuss with FA director Trevor Brooking the possibility of bringing an Englishman into the coaching staff. Stuart Pearce, the England Under-21 coach who was at FA headquarters on Friday, is the favorite for that role.

Four days after former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho announced that he was not interested in the job, the FA board approved the hiring of the former AC Milan, AS Roma and Real Madrid coach on Thursday. But both sides still had to finalize the terms of the contract.

"Fabio is a winner," Barwick said. "His record over the last two decades speaks for itself. At every club he has managed, Fabio has won the league title and Trevor and I were left in no doubt of his passion and commitment to bring that success to the England team."

Although Capello's record of nine domestic titles and one Champions League triumph is impressive, he will be under pressure immediately from England fans to deliver.

Because England failed to qualify for next year's Euros, the team has no competitive matches until European qualifying for the 2010 World Cup begins in September.
                    His first match in charge will be the Feb. 6 friendly against Switzerland at Wembley, followed by a March 26 trip to Paris to face France.

A renowned disciplinarian, Capello won't hold back from dropping some of the biggest names on the team.

There is speculation that he will take the captaincy away from Chelsea's John Terry, who has had disciplinary problems on and off the field. The only player Capello has firsthand experience of coaching is Beckham, the Los Angeles Galaxy star who helped Capello win the Spanish title with Real Madrid last season.

The former England captain has 99 caps and hopes that his 100th will come against Switzerland. Capello dropped Beckham from the Real Madrid side after his move to the Galaxy was announced last January. But Beckham's impressive performances in training forced the Italian to put him back into the lineup, and he was a key figure in the Spanish league title drive.

While the appointment of such a successful manager was welcomed by many England followers, the fact that the FA again hired a foreign coach has divided the nation. The move comes only 18 months after a Swede, Sven-Goran Eriksson, was in charge.

Comment

Working...
                    X