Mido suspended for 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mido suspended for 6 months

Too bad that Egypt didn't made it to the WC so he would suffer more. Damn he is 22 years old and he thinks he is god.

For those who didn't saw the match yesterday against Senegal, Mido was subbed out for Amr Zaki 10 minutes before time and because of this he was very angry and went immediately to the coach to call him a donkey. Then they almost got into a fight before Hossam Hassan, the 39-year old Egyptian player came between them.

Mido is now suspended for 6 months by the Egyptian Football Federation.

The funny thing was that his replacement, Amr Zaki scored the winner just after playing one minute.

he deserves it...it is disgraceful.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

saw it man so ugly the scene,i know what a fan feels in such moment,remember the fight btw rezaei and badawi in asian cup man .........

Comment

Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes....disgraceful.

Mido thrown out of Egyptian squad
        By Matthew Kenyon
        BBC Sport, Cairo

Mido and Hassan Shehata (right) had to be separated
        Mido has been thrown out of the Egypt squad at the African Cup of Nations and suspended for six months after a row with coach Hassan Shehata.

The 22-year-old Tottenham striker had a heated pitch-side argument with Shehata after being substituted in Tuesday's semi-final win over Senegal.

Mido had to be dragged away by coaching staff after being substituted for Amr Zaki, who went on to score the winner.

Mido will now miss Friday's final when the hosts take on the Ivory Coast.

The team's preparations are far more important than any dispute between Shehata and Mido

Assistant manager Shawki Gharib

The striker, who is on loan at Tottenham from Serie A Roma, said: "I was angry when Shehata decided to replace me.

"I was not that bad and if I had stayed on I would have scored a goal.

"I am sorry for the fans but I am not sorry for Shehata."

He was rushed back into the line-up after suffering a groin injury but Egyptian officials called a special meeting on Tuesday night to discuss the player's actions.

Shehata said: "Mido's reaction was irresponsible and shocking.

"The decision was made by the Egyptian Football Associaition board and all parties ahve to respect it."

Shehata's assistant Shawki Gharib said the Egyptians just want to concentrate on Friday's final.

He said: "The Egypt team does not just mean Mido. He is just one player in a squad of 23.

"Now we have to concentrate on the final and forget our problems. The important thing is what we are going to do in the final.

"The team's preparations are far more important than any dispute between Shehata and Mido.

"This issue will be handled by the coach and it is not for discussion."
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

yeah I saw that. That was disgraceful.

And (just like Iran) the hosts qualified for the final undeservedly.

Senegal was the better team and in the 91st minute there was a 100% penalty on them.

Comment

can't he play in england, too?

Comment

Originally posted by greatpersian
              can't he play in england, too?
              The ban is only for the NT of Egypt. That means that he can still play for Tottenham.

Comment

thx

Comment

Absolutely disgusting. I was in absolute shock watching that. I don't know how else to describe it. Shock and embarrasment. Could a player be any more stupid and selfish?

I really thought that punk ass idiot would cause the team to collapse in the most crucial moment, just when they seemed to be having the upper hand.

By far the most crucial moment, the turning point was when the coach decided enough was enough and went straight to Mido's face. Mido was basically challenging his 50-something year old coach to a fight with his words and gestures. I think the team needed to see that their head man on the sideline was a leader, and I think he proved it with the way he finally reacted to Mido. He knew if he did not react, he could lose the respect of the team.

The best part, and the best possible reply, was Mido's replacement, Zaky, scoring the winner on his first touch.

A raw, tense, physical battle that I think will go down as one of the more memorable ACN showdowns. Pretty crazy match. From penalty kicks being retaken, to deliberate hand balls, to penalties not being called, to the ref not flashing red cards in obvious red card scenarios. Wild.

As for the punishment... I think it should be even worse. But I don't agree with the timing of it. I fear this will only serve to further distract the players before the final. Things don't look good.

Loved how the crowd cussed him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi
                    yeah I saw that. That was disgraceful.
                    And (just like Iran) the hosts qualified for the final undeservedly.
                    Senegal was the better team and in the 91st minute there was a 100% penalty on them.
                    I'm sorry but that's bull. If you think Senegal was the better team, that's you're opinion. An uncommon one, but yours nonetheless.

But if you want to talk about officiating, you have to tell the whole story, not just mention one missed call. Senegal played extremely dirty football yesterday. In the first half, there should've been a penalty to Egypt's Emad Moteb that also wasn't called. Also in the first half, Senegal's Mendy elbowed Mohammed Barakat in the face TWICE and it went totally unpunished.

Or how about Mendy's crazy handball in the box, punching the ball the ball away with Barakat free for an open header? Easily a straight red card!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh
                      I'm sorry but that's bull. If you think Senegal was the better team, that's you're opinion. An uncommon one, but yours nonetheless.

But if you want to talk about officiating, you have to tell the whole story, not just mention one missed call. Senegal played extremely dirty football yesterday. In the first half, there should've been a penalty to Egypt's Emad Moteb that also wasn't called. Also in the first half, Senegal's Mendy elbowed Mohammed Barakat in the face TWICE and it went totally unpunished.

Or how about Mendy's crazy handball in the box, punching the ball the ball away with Barakat free for an open header? Easily a straight red card!
                      Pharoah please answer my questions in the African nations cup thread,

Comment

Check the other thread bro I've address all your questions

The Mido drama continues...

He showed up at Egypt's training today and apologized to She7atta for the third time since the incident. The players all say they want him on the team for tomorrow's final but it doesn't look like the ban will be reversed.

The coach accepted his apology, which supposedly was accompanied by tears, and there is a chance Mido could watch the match with the players from the bench tomorrow.

Mido says he never cursed at the coach. He says what he did was wrong and didn't realize how bad it looked till he saw it on TV. He added that he accepts his punishment whatever it is, but wants to clear that no-one can take it away from him that he participated and played his heart out for Egypt in its bid for a record 5th Nations Cup title. He refuses to fly back to London until the final is complete. He says if he's not allowed on the bench, he'll be in the stands with the crowd with his face painted red, white, and black.

I'm really nervous about tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh
                          Check the other thread bro I've address all your questions

The Mido drama continues...

He showed up at Egypt's training today and apologized to She7atta for the third time since the incident. The players all say they want him on the team for tomorrow's final but it doesn't look like the ban will be reversed.

The coach accepted his apology, which supposedly was accompanied by tears, and there is a chance Mido could watch the match with the players from the bench tomorrow.

Mido says he never cursed at the coach. He says what he did was wrong and didn't realize how bad it looked till he saw it on TV. He added that he accepts his punishment whatever it is, but wants to clear that no-one can take it away from him that he participated and played his heart out for Egypt in its bid for a record 5th Nations Cup title. He refuses to fly back to London until the final is complete. He says if he's not allowed on the bench, he'll be in the stands with the crowd with his face painted red, white, and black.
                          I'm really nervous about tomorrow.
                          loool

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                          CITY

Comment

At least he's man enough to apologize and to say that what he did was wrong.
                            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Mido, Shehata argument not real

by Bored Journalist
                              on Very slow news day, 2006
                              For CrappyEnglishTabloid.com

Sources close to the Egyptian camp have just revealed that the Mido-Shehata argument in Senegal's match was well planned. The purpose was to confuse the Senegalese team for a few minutes before Zaki's entrance. The plan worked to perfection.

Changing room personel report to CrappyEnglishTabloid.com that they saw Mido, Shehata, and Zaki doing high fives right after the final whistle. With Mido audibly telling Shehata "Yabn El Eeeh ya Shehata, darbet Me'alem be saheeh", roughly translated to us by the same person as "Son of what, Shehata. That was the hit of a big boss with correctness".

The news comes as a pleasant surprise to Mido's fan base in Egypt and abroad who speculated all along that Mido can never be wrong.

More news to follow.

Comment

Working...
                              X