Iranian boxer (heavy-weight) qualifies for 2008 Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranian boxer (heavy-weight) qualifies for 2008 Olympics

The Iranian heavyweight, Ali Mazaheri, claimed the 19th and final Olympic qualifying spot for the 2008 Olympics after beating the Uzbek boxer.

Mazaheri defeated Uzbekistan's Jasur Matchanov easily 14:5 to be the only Iranian to have qualified for the 2008 Olympics at the First Asia Boxing Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Bangkok, Thailand.

Uzbekistan was the most successful country in Bangkok, qualifying with four boxers eligible for the world event, followed by Thailand, Korea and China who qualified with three each.

Tajikistan with two qualified boxers stands before Iran, Kazakhstan, India and Japan with one qualified boxer each.

While a total of 19 boxers qualified at this first Asian qualifying event, a further 19 will qualify at the 2nd Asia qualification tournament to be held in Astana, Kazakhstan, from March 15-25.

tnx

btw here are some pics of him

http://www.viewimages.com/Search.asp...partner=Google

Comment

Originally posted by ardi11 View Post
      He looks a bit thin for being a heavy weight boxer, but thanks for the pics.

repped
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
        He looks a bit thin for being a heavy weight boxer, but thanks for the pics.
        repped

I think to be a heavyweight, you need to be over 200 lbs... but you are right, he did look a bit thin...hes only 5'11" too...

Comment

Originally posted by Persian View Post
          I think to be a heavyweight, you need to be over 200 lbs... but you are right, he did look a bit thin...hes only 5'11" too...
          Wow he might get smashed by some of the quicker African American style fighter. I still give the kid props for qualifying to the olympics. Only 19 people can make it and he is one of them. I'll watch his match if they televise it.

Comment

Originally posted by ardi11 View Post
            cheers.

looks like he was sucessful in the asian games aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
              Wow he might get smashed by some of the quicker African American style fighter. I still give the kid props for qualifying to the olympics. Only 19 people can make it and he is one of them. I'll watch his match if they televise it.

lol

whats with people thinking black people are unbeatable? I mean some are good but it doesnt mean all black people are good.

p.s. ANDRE AGASSI's dad was on Iran's boxing team for one of the olympics in the 70s

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                lol
                whats with people thinking black people are unbeatable? I mean some are good but it doesnt mean all black people are good.
                p.s. ANDRE AGASSI's dad was on Iran's boxing team for one of the olympics in the 70s
                I know I"m not saying every black dude isa good but at the heavyweight division in US sanctioned boxing, usually the black boxers outperform the whites. I knew that Agassi's dad was on the Iranian boxing team he's also Iranian-Armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
                  I know I"m not saying every black dude isa good but at the heavyweight division in US sanctioned boxing, usually the black boxers outperform the whites. I knew that Agassi's dad was on the Iranian boxing team he's also Iranian-Armenian.

yes cuz whites dont know how to fight

if the same opportunities as US were in Iran then im sure we'll have some big ass dudes who can kick ass in boxing

also, olympic style boxing is different than the US type of boxing. Frankly, i dont take US boxing very seriously because its all a hype to make money, there is no actual system that determines who the best boxer is

Comment

nice

Comment

cool..!
                      he doesnt seem so heavy weight..?????

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                        yes cuz whites dont know how to fight
                        if the same opportunities as US were in Iran then im sure we'll have some big ass dudes who can kick ass in boxing
                        also, olympic style boxing is different than the US type of boxing. Frankly, i dont take US boxing very seriously because its all a hype to make money, there is no actual system that determines who the best boxer is
                        Right and the system sucks because the judges are biased in their scoring. Man I remember Roy jones Jr got f*cked over by these dirty refs from Africa against this Korean dude in Seoul. It was a huge deal Jones got screwed, the refs got caught and were banned from the olympics, and a gang of monks protested this as an act of disgrace to the Korean nation. That is why olympics is gay as well because there is a lot of corruption.

They should have MMA in the olympics that would be freaking great. We could get some bomb Iranian fighters.

Comment

i gotta a feelin my uncle knows a few things about this guy.he is a well known
                          boxin coach in the country.

he has been to the asian olympics at his prime.
                          Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Working...
                          X