Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran Basketball Updates

LATEST NEWS!

Geneva- FIBA and the Chinese Basketball Association are happy to announce the composition of groups and the competition schedule for the 3rd FIBA Diamond Ball for Men which will be played in the Nanjing Olympic Sports Center, in Nanjing City (China), from 29th July to 1st August 2008.

The FIBA Diamond Ball for Men is an invitational tournament played once every four years.

1. COMPOSITION OF GROUPS:

Group A: Angola, Australia and China
    Group B: Argentina, Iran and Serbia

2. SCHEDULE:

Please note that all hours listed on the below schedule are local time in Nanjing City:

29th July 2008:

16:00 hours: Argentina vs. Iran
    19:30 hours: China vs. Angola

30th July 2008:

16:00 hours: Iran vs. Serbia
    19:30 hours: Australia vs. China

31st July 2008:

16:00 hours: Serbia vs. Argentina
    19:30 hours: Angola vs. Australia

1st August 2008:

14:00 hours: A3 vs. B3
    16:00 hours: A2 vs. B2
    19:30 hours: A1 vs. B1

good luck guys, i hope you guys beat serbia, doesnt seem unlikely considering that team is in shambles
    Go Cows!

Comment

oh oh oh..........very very hard group!

but its a good test for the olympics........btw is this for the olympics????
      The timing seems to be right around olympic time. It's strange to have a tournament at that time.

Comment

if im not mistaken, i think the olympic games for basketball are after the tournament. ill check and see later if im right or not. i think it would be the case and this would be a warmup game.

but wow what a hard group this is. ARGENTINA AND SERBIA?

hopefully we wont get blown out by those teams

EDIT-- according to the olympics site, the basketball tournament for the olympics is from August 9-24.
        good job by iran basketball on getting in this warmup tournament.

Comment

^^^ Thanks for the info

so have they picked the groups yet??

Comment

Argentina and Serbia ok we are officially screwed.

Comment

/\remember it's not the REAL Olympics, it's just for preparation which is a great test for us.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

We probably will lose badly in these friendly matches, but they will be very good practice and experience for our boys. It also shows Iran's team is getting respect, being invited to such tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  We probably will lose badly in these friendly matches, but they will be very good practice and experience for our boys. It also shows Iran's team is getting respect, being invited to such tournaments.
                  Oh thank GOD! For a second there I thought we had Serbia and Argentina in our group drawing wow that was a close one. I almost had a heart attack today.

Comment

We should be happy if the guys put up a good show! Not loosing with more than 15-20 points.

Comment

Working...
                    X